Yeeeeeah, WoW

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Started to play some WoW. Not sure which class / race combination is good, but im playing Human / Warlock on Sylvanis server. Is there anyone else who plays there? I could really use some advice, as i will really play solo most of the time.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I've played...some wow. Playing it now. With my lil deathwing pet :p

Only thing is that i've not played a warlock past level 12, which i really should one day.

I reslly like cata so far, everything is just better, especially the new character experience(made an undead tank and the difference is staggering).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well from what i can see so far;

- Better storyline at start.
- Tighter skill trees.
- New stuff(obviously).
- Better quest system regarding dungeon finder(quests inside the instances).

And there's more, valid points in there somewhere. Everything is just a bit more polished.

For example, on the undead, i went from 0 to 24 withoiut the game breaking the storyline in any serious manner and introducing the forsaken as a race with much more depth. Might even continue further.

As is with most expansions ofcourse, you don't need to buy cata to experience this(i think) as buying cata only opens the new areas/races.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yep, you get the revamped starter areas regardless of whether you have cataclysm. You only really need Cataclysm once you get high enough to level in it...level 80.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
I always played female humans. The character model is quite cute to look at :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I always played female humans. The character model is quite cute to look at :D

Prefer the blood elf femmies, especially since i made a DK that looks like a regular elfie :D

Also i noticed i've gathered 15 books of glyph mastery during Lich, which is rather nice as they go for about 200g on my server now.

Helme

Resident Freddy
For a new player Cataclysm doesn't offer anything until you reach level 80, except for access to Goblins & Worgen, and flying in Azeroth.

Race honestly doesn't matter much in WoW beyond what you think looks good, there are a few racial abilities that give a few benefits in PvP and PvE but it's not something that will gimp you like making a Norse caster in DAoC would.

As for Warlocks, they're a great class and a good first choice. It can be a bit complex at times but it's easy to level, fun to play and the different talent trees offer a lot of diversity. I'd recommend Affliction or Demonology for leveling, Destruction isn't bad but it's not as good as the other two. You should pick up First Aid too, it takes 8 seconds to bandage compared to 30 seconds to drink and with Life Tap health is mana.

I'd also recommend you pick up two gathering professions the first time around and sell what you collect on the AH, you'll be grateful when you reach higher levels and can afford some of the more expensive things, like flying mounts or enchants. Mining and Herbalism are probably the two best choices.

I play on Ravencrest myself so can't offer any in-game help, but if you have any questions just ask.

Afran

Part of the furniture
I play it, played since retail with a few breaks. I play on Auchnidoun-EU horde ;d

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
have a lvl 85 warlock and its great for the gathering tradeskills as, soon as you land somewhere.. if a mob aggro's on you the pet takes it and lets you get on with the gathering :)

and Demo spec is just ridiculously good for soloing :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Started a hunter yesterday, dropped 4 bags, 5 heirlooms and a kickass haircut on her.

Have to say, i've never been so fast in my leveling and stuffkilling before :p

No wonder some people hate hunters, if i wasn't a lootwhore, i wouldn't need to stop on a quest from A to B.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Buy them at 85 with valour or justice points. I think there are a couple from archaeology too. Oh and there is a cloak available from the guild vendor.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Get a level 80, gather currency(these days it's something like...valor points or such, used to be badges), buy heirlooms from dalaran(think there's sellers in orgrimmar too), send to level 1 characters.

Great items as they scale really well with the character.

I'm lucky i got most of them pre-cata as they cost a ton these days.

Oh and you can do argent tournament dailies for them too, ut that takes a while.(6-7 quests and i bought a staff at 95 marks :p).

Got myself two daggers, 2 1h maces, 2h mace, plate shoulders/chest, leather shoulders/chest/pvp shoulder, bow, a staff and two haste trinkets. _Yeah, grnided a bit of heroics last time.

Also with my DK got the tinbermaw enchants, so got +15 agi on the daggers from level 1 which is..umm...nice.

On another note;

i've decided the goblin rocket jump racial is the best ever, combined with mages blink(which i found is a perfect parachute) :p

Helme

Resident Freddy
Heirlooms is pretty much WoW's /level, so unavailable for new players. They're not really needed at all though with the revamped classic leveling. The only real 'drag' is Northrend now(outlands can be finished in a few hours) and Northrend is actually quite fun the first time through so it won't be an issue.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bit of an altism issue to be honest here.

25 warrior, 20 mage, started the hunter(those are this week mostly), got my 80 priest, 75 or so DK and now pondering on playing a rogue :p

liloe

It's my birthday today!
85 Draenei resto shaman (my cute main) and 85 Gnome frost mage at the moment, otherwise some 73 priest and a 69 hunter (as 60+), but at the moment I'm leveling a death knight (lvl 67) to finally make a tank ;)

As Toht already mentioned, the new quest lines are awesome and even at 85 I really enjoyed doing all the quests. Alliance has the big advantage of being able to do the Westfall questline, which is directly connected to the Deadmines instance.

My next target is Auberdine, because the questline there seems to be cool as well =)

EDIT: All characters are on Azjol-Nerub / Alliance in the guild <Phoenix>

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Also been playing since retail. Got a 85 Priest, 85 Death Knight, 85 Mage and various alts though I have no incentive to level them as pve endgame raiding I do on my priest and pvp is shit. 5 years on and still no decent outdoor pvp zone, Wintergrasp and Baradin Hold dont count as once the battle is over the zone is basicly empty till the next battle begins, some 2 n a half hours later.

Even though Cataclysm is better than Wrath of the Lich King I would have liked to have seen Deathwing be a little more involved as 80-85 you barely see him, a few quests out of the whole expansion involving him, compared to WotLK where you felt Arthas involvement in most of the zones.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Interesting was that before Lich, i never had incentive to level up fully.

I think i found the lich storyline a lot more interesting and wanted to actually have a poke at it. It's not like leveling was hard at Vanilla either.

I think i mustif had every class/race combo there is, i've deleted more chars then i can remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom