Yay

S

Sir Frizz

Nah, fuck that. Man U should have won. I despise Chelsea for buying their way to the top of the Premiership.

:/

X

xane

Even better news is tht West Ham won yesterday, the first for Pardew, admittedly it took the other side to score an own goal, get two sent off and give away two penalties, but they did it !

S

Sar

If Utd don't win it this year, I'd rather the Arse won it, cos Chelsea sure as hell don't deserve it. Last year they hadn't a hope, but Abramovich's millions means that they can have any player they want. The FA should just stick a £300 million price tag on the trophy and forget about all that tiresome football business.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Sir Frizz
Nah, fuck that. Man U should have won. I despise Chelsea for buying their way to the top of the Premiership.

Yessss...next time wear your glasses.

Yes and of course no other team buys players to try and win do they Sar :rolleyes:

G

Gumbo

Let the sour grapes commence!!!

I'm not really into football, but I think it's exciting to see superstars from around the world brought here to play in a team that in a year or so might stand a chance of winning something in Europe against the likes of Real Madrid.

And you're really trying to tell me that if a similar takeover was mounted for your club, and millions were spent on your team, you would stop following them and proclaim your disgust to the world?

It was really funny watching all the people saying, 'it'll never work, you can't buy team spirit etc.'. Seems they might have spoken a little prematurely.

S

Sir Frizz

How do you know that you don't eh?

Or if you do, have them adjusted.

:p

E

Embattle

Because the critics said we played better for the first 70 mins of the game, so I know I don't..............blind man try to walk :p

S

Sir Frizz

I don't give a toss how either team played though. I don't believe that Chelsea should have won because i dislike them more so than Man U (WTF?).

T

Trem

Originally posted by Sir Frizz

Aye but Man Utd buy the refs:p

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Trem
Aye but Man Utd buy the refs:p
And Spurs will gladly take any of your old injured players that are past it :(

R

Rubber Bullets

Alex Ferguson says...

A quote from Sir Alex:

"We feel we were a bit unluckly," said Ferguson. "I felt Roy got a touch on the ball, and their player didn't have the ball under control.

"We also felt he was going away from goal. We didn't get a top referee so these things can happen."

So from this we can deduce that in Ferguson land there are now extra rules used to decide whether a penalty should be awarded.

1st. A defender can quite happily scythe into an attacker with a 2 footed challenge, but if the attacker is judged not really to have had the ball under complete control, No Penalty.

2nd. A defender can bring down an attacking player, and as long as he isn't running directly at the goal, i.e. into an area bounded by lines drawn from him to each goalpost, No Penalty.

3rd As long as the defender cynically bringing down the attacking player gets at least the tip of his bootlaces to brush the ball, No Penalty.

Of course, being Ferguson these rules can only apply in the Man. Utd. penalty area. When in the opposition half a couple of other rules no doubt should be enforced.

1st. The brave attacking player suddenly catches a whiff of garlic breath from a defender, putting him off his shot, Penalty Man U.

2nd. Attacking player suddenly realises he has missed another appointment for a random drugs test, and completely miscues, Penalty Man U.

Please feel free to add more.

RB

D

doh_boy

I felt, before the goal, that it was heading for a draw. After the goal chelsea seemed to go crazy, most attacks had 5 people in our box or more. We slowly got back into the game and seemed to want to get caught off-side. The giggs one where there was only half a metre of pitch on which he would be off-side and he managed to be stood there. (He was nearly off the field ffs). I felt really early on in the second half that we need to change Fortune (did well but just no effective enough) and neville (what? phil neville's on the pitch? I didn't know that!) for ronaldo and kleb. Lo and behold 15 mins later they're both on (nice and late for it not to matter). Having said that I don't think giggs managed to get to the left wing. The fact the most of our crosses were made by the full-backs worried me to be frank. All in all I feel you just edged it, taking the whole match in, I was scared of chelsea before this match and now I'm not. Good team not as good as the parts that make it. Probably will get better.

G

Gumbo

Oooh to add to the Schadenefreudie fellas rules.

'Top Referees', are only those who do not award penaltys against Manchester United.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom