YAY!! Trebz Said He will Change This Horrible Colour!

K

Keri

Thank you Trebz!!

I'm impressed that you are really making an effort to keep this fledgling DAoC community happy. People said they hate the green, you said you wouldn't change it, but now posted on the DAoC forum that it will be changed tomorrow!!

This indeed bodes well for a flourishing community .. you have successfully won me over, even though you thought I was giving you a hard time over there. :p

S

SFXman

I like it tbh and I wouldn't want to see it go. It is sort of energizing.

T

Trebz

I guess I can't please everyone :)

I think its acceptable that we change the forum to colours more in keeping with the game, green is after all a very unique colour for websites and as such labels everything as BarrysWorld.

The rest of the forums will stay green however, muhahahaha!

S

SFXman

Damnit :mad: !
I love this green... but PLEASE DON'T make it brown! NOoooOOOOooooooo I hate that color... having to look at it as a forum, yuck...

W

Wij

You don't play any more Summo. So shut it !!! :eek:

I like green too tho :)

F

Fex

No dont take the green away, it wouldnt be BW then and it..... it....... it wouldnt feel right :(

K

Keri

Pleeeeeeease Trebz?????? Please get rid of the green? Go on .. you said you would .. .can't go back on your word now. ;)

O

old.Ozird Rinfut

I kinda dont like this color eighter Trebz, and from the reactions on the goa forums, they were now much liked there eighter.

But, I saw in my control panel, something about "style sets" cant this be used or will this stress the server to much?

And with the colors, why not use what u did on the HH site? That looks good :)

S

SFXman

I like the green but if it must be changed I will just give one piece of advice, NO BROWN! :D

S

SFXman

Pink or Brown?
Iiik! Neither please :D
I'd say either greyish-black kinda colours or then some other nice colour... I suppose brown is fine until it becomes a dark brown when it looks like you-know-what :D

T

Trem

Originally posted by SFXman

Iiik! Neither please :D
I'd say either greyish-black kinda colours or then some other nice colour... I suppose brown is fine until it becomes a dark brown when it looks like you-know-what :D
Ahhh so you're a brown man then?Is your partner comfortable with this?

A

Alrindel

I rather like the green, although it's certainly eye-splitting on a low quality monitor.

Doesn't this BB engine have the possibility to choose between a selection of different style sheets and save the preferred one in the user profile?

T

Trebz

Working on it now, not sure if it will be ready for today but i'll try my best. It's gonna be a dark grey colour as that seems to be the most neutral for everyone.

S

SFXman

Hmm, dark grey should be acceptable as long as some suitable text color can be found. I have seen some dark background forums and the text has been horrendous :)

O

old.Spiritwolf

I don't mind the green really, the only reason I would want it to change is that I read the forums at work and a bright green screen doesn't look to good when the boss is wandering about :p

Would be nice to choose the appearance you like under your profile, and for us stuck working to have the option of a horrid corporate look to disguise the fact that we're actually not working quite as hard as we should be.

S

SFXman

Hehe, yes... I have been to many forums at which you can choose from a variety of color schemes, can't it be implemented? But dark grey will be quite neutral as Trebz has said.

A

Alrindel

Hm, yes, good point, Spiritwolf. Trebz, try to make it look as much as you can like an Excel spreadsheet.

And if the multiple-style option is ever implemented, I would like to propose that the current style be offered and named "Emain". :D

S

SFXman

And if the multiple-style option is ever implemented, I would like to propose that the current style be offered and named "Emain".
Hehehe.... emain, nice one. Then maybe we could have one called Yggdra which would be an EXTREMELY blinding white with black text! :D

L

LunarDarkShadow

Can't we have our siggy pics back?

I noticed that the code is turned off and that means we cant put links to our pics. Well, at least they just turn into links rathere than showing the pics themselves.

Please?

The thing is, with an RPG community, the way a character looks is actually part of the whole thing. For those of us that do a bit of roleplay, having an image to relate to helps us create the character.

And even for those of us that dont, most of us have become attached to our sigs. It's sort of lonely without them.

S

SFXman

Can't we have our siggy pics back?
I suppose I agree, just put some restrictions to size, both image size and actual size in kb.
It is nice to see in sigs how some char looks, can help recognise aswell.

T

Trebz

I'll look into it, busy at the moment though :)

Damn its nice outside!!!

S

SFXman

Damn its nice outside!!!
It is very nice outside here too in Tampere, Finland. The sun is shining and temps are quite high for this time of the year, but unfortunately I have been sick for two days and am stuck posting on these forums and playing DAoC (oh no =D).
Can't wait to bge healthy again so I can go do some mountainbiking/skating/town chilling or then just go to the gym (I am supposed to be starting anytime soon but got delayed thanks to my illness).

O

old.SkeritXP

It reminds me of the plains, this green. No brown please, cause you'll probably make everything brown, can you imagine an entire screen filled with brown?

A

Armolas

I quite like the green, never liked brown too much.

Haven't been to BarrysWorld much since the days of QuakeWorld, but it seems ok here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom