*yawn*

N

nath

Right. Here's the thing. Glynners and slicer and the #f00fighters bunch don't like the #quake2.uk bunch very much. The feeling is very much mutual.

Everyone goes on about how sad everyone else is, and how non sad they themselves are. None of it really matters as we don't actually know each other irl so to speak. Some of the #quake2.uk bunch have met each other, and I'm sure the same goes for the #f00fighters bunch. Infact, aren't Glynners and Slicer bosom buddies? Who knows, who cares. Either way..this slating is getting a tad dull and it's getting absolutley no where. Glynners etc. 'know' they have owned us. We (#quake2.uk) know we have owned them. Is there really any point in arguing about it? Neither side is ever gunna back down and admit one they're wrong. So at the end of the day, everyone takes the piss and every time something good happens in their life, they come on to this channel explaining how non sad computer geeky they are. Lets all grow the fuck up shall we? (before someone digs up some argumentative comment I made in a prior thread, notice the use of 'we').

Is everyone so unsure about themselves that they have to accuse other people of being 'geeks'? What exactly is wrong with being a 'geek' anyway? Before you start listing things, if the person is happy with the way they are, then who the fuck is anyone else to say otherwise? If the person is unhappy with the way they are then that's their problem, not yours, not anyone elses. I personally think that anyone who dishes out accusations about a persons lifestyle really has something lacking in their own so they feel the need to prove themself better than others in some way? Who knows. Either way I'm drifting off (perhaps past is a more appropriate tense there) and I'll end it there.

:sleeping:

Nath

(edited to make it a tad more legible)

O

old.WakeUp&GrowUpKids

Even though your the ugliest, geeky cunt I have ever seen, you have a good point. Well played.

O

old.WakeUp&GrowUpKids

Originally posted by Mr B
WU&GUK

Have you really *nothing* better to do at 3:23am?

Or was that an attempt at advanced irony?

:D

The irony was in my message to Nath. I really do think he has a good point.

As for the timing of my post, well I'm sure your 9.17 a.m post was an attempt at advanced irony v1.23, but the whole issue is quite funny but all the same boring. :sleeping:

Back on Topic......?

:cool:

N

nath

I forsee this thread going exactly the same way as all the others.

Oh well.

O

old.WakeUp&GrowUpKids

Hey love to argue with you Mr B, about the times we have posted on this board, but I'm with Nath on this one.

Bring it back on topic, he did make some good points.

O

old.[MOD]Psycho

everyone who doesn't play Q2 who posts in this forum should be banned from the bored - unless they're participating helpfully.

So erm all of you, piss off and don't come back, I hate you all equally.

N

nath

Well that's helpful, but also bollocks. Very few of the quake2.uk residents play quake 2. does that mean we should piss off out the channel? no of course not. Quake 2 brought us there, and we stay there cos we all tend to like each other (except hexa, he's a fag)

blah blah blah you get the drift

nath

O

old.[MOD]Psycho

blah blah blah, create a new channel #dildos

go hang out there, give #quake2.uk back over to the community of ppl who play the game. Or perhaps Bazzas can create us some community games channels moderated by like them or something - get away from all the cocks who run the .uk channels.

N

nath

Why should we?

It's just a name of a channel, why should we have to move?

Why not create a channel quake2.bw or whatever?

We're all perfectly happy where we are.

B

bodhi

fuck off psycho. No one actually cares what you think.

O

old.hexa

bleh

Quake 2 brought us there, and we stay there cos we all tend to like each other (except hexa, he's a fag)

nath = fag0t:| :puke:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

S

stu

Everyone hates you Psycho. Savage Q2 DM hate you. UKCCL hated you. BW hates you. #quake2.uk hates you. Get a clue.

O

old.GLyNN3RS

Originally posted by Nath
Well that's helpful, but also bollocks. Very few of the quake2.uk residents play quake 2. does that mean we should piss off out the channel?

YES.

N

nath

Why? it's just a name for a channel and we're all used to being there. If you want to join a quake2 related channel, make your own? #quake2.pub for example, thats free.

O

old.GLyNN3RS

Why should we make our own channel? You are the ones hogging the channel and dont play q2 so if anyone should move, its you!!

N

nath

We've been there for years. Its our channel. After all, ask yourself this. What makes a channel? the name? nah, it's the people. #quake2.uk is made up of it's regulars. So if you want a channel for people you want to chat to about quake 2, make one yourself.

O

old.Vectrex

I have to agree with Nath on this one. I've been in q2.uk since got knows when, I was an op there for ages and it was that channel that got me 'into' online gaming. I don't see why I should stop being there and annoying ppl just because I don't play q2 anymore and because some retard like Slicer or Glynner 'says so.'

As I've said before, what that lot 'say' doesn't really matter - at the end of the day it's 'our' channel - it started off as the uk q2 channel, now it's a channel full of ppl who got to know each other and be friends while playing q2. Just cause we don't play anymore doesn't mean we're going to stop chatting to our online mates does it? Get a clue Glynner.

As for Naths's comment - if people are going to come into the forum and abuse us then they surely don't expect to get anything but the same in return? If you look at the 'abusive' threads you'll find that they were either started by Glynner and co, or the abuse started with Glynner and co or they were started in response to something they said. The classic example is TankGirls thread, the only exception to the rule is the one Perp started which was only a bit of a laugh (admittedly at Glynner's expense) :)

I really can't see it ending unless Glynner and Slicer stop posting in the forum - if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all eh? Having a bit of a laugh is one thing, but you two obviously have massive chip on your shoulder when it comes to q2.uk. You're not allowed in the channel because you've proved time and time again that you're both just a pain in the arse, and none of 'us' want you there when you just throw abuse at the regulars on the odd occasion you do get in.

Dave

O

old.[MOD]Psycho

Stu, you've mentioned UKCCL - dead, BW - can't really see that many ppl that hate me around apart from the #quake2.uk twats who you also put down (3/4 of which I've never even spoken to and savage.q2dm which is full of 15 year old twats trying to look good and other power hungry lamers (hello LJ) who like to think they're big cos in real life they have no power working down at Mcdonalds.

You lot can keep the channel, I'm not disagreeing with that, but while Barrysworld have you pimped in their connection to quakenet under community channels, it's a bit too much.

Either Barrysworld should take you off the entry to quakenet bit (From their IRC server connection) as community channels and start up their own community channels for each game or #quake2.uk should be taken away from the ppl that own it and give it back to the community while the #quake2.uk ppl can go away and find another channel, one or the other.

N

nath

This point I agree on. I dont think our channel should be advertised as the quake 2 community channel. But saying we should move is just silly. 'give it back to the community' whats to give back? the name of the channel? rubbish, why waste all our time moving, when you can set up a new one elsewhere.

Nath

B

bodhi

Yes give the channel back to Psycho, Glynn3rs and Slicer, the three people in the UK who still play Quake 2. Jesus chrsit lads get a grip.

O

old.[MOD]Psycho

obviously bodhi you didn't bother reading my post, I don't want the channel at all, sure we could get like #quake2 or something for talk, but why would I want to hang around with the Q2 community when the majority of them are complete and utter faggots?

I was just saying, Bazzas are still advertising it as the community channel, if they have the intention of it being a community channel, they should do something about it, if not, they should create a new community channel for the game.

N

nath

Originally posted by [MOD]Psycho
I was just saying, Bazzas are still advertising it as the community channel, if they have the intention of it being a community channel, they should do something about it, if not, they should create a new community channel for the game.

Fair point.

S

stu

What barrysworld does is largely irrelevant, as they do not by any stretch of the imagination own quakenet.

Added to which, if this new "community" channel were to be created, who exactly would run it? Who would be in it? Everyone is welcome in #quake2.uk, until they act like a cunt, at which point they will be removed. The fact that you don't go in there because you don't like the people in it is entirely your problem, although I find it ironic that you call the community that you would have us replaced with "complete faggots".

Let's face it Psycho, your problem is you. You don't like anyone. That's fine, but then don't be surprised that no-one likes you. You have no interest in #quake2.uk or any replacement, so at the end of the day (as usual) you're just arguing for the sake of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom