Y-2ano

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
TBH it's jump in lottery.

It's wierd how desync can affect people with grid loaded or without grid loaded at random.

I feel for them but I know they'd be laughing their arses off if their jump in had worked and they had done the same thing to bob's titans.

The real moment of stupidity has to belong to SOT though. Letting a station system drop control was incredibly lax and bob were quick to take control of the system and defend their new conquest.

We'll see how this pans out but IT have made some serious ground down there.

M

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yes, it's a shitty situation, either lose system or jump in. Very rarely you can win if you don't hold grid. Hell we tried the same jumping in to 180 RA/XIX in lowsec the other day, that ended in a fire :p

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
So we hit 49-U earlier today. Timers are out in US tz so gonna be interesting :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
BoB still clinging on to that system or did Goons finally manage to get it back?

know BoB were using everything they had to hold 49-U after they fell.

or was that another 49-something?

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
no it's the same 49-U.

Both sides will want to contest that station as it will be a massive propaganda blow for goons if they lose it.

It seems Goons defended 49-U last night. They had something like 500 odd in system which prevented -a- jumping in to fight.

This basically means that 49-U is now reset again, Sov blockade units are probably dead and now IT (BoB), -A- + friends will have to start again from scratch. This is the new sov grind and essentially as long as the defender can successfully hold the system at any point during the defence the attacker goes back to the begining.

It was risky though, if -A- had gotten a Russian primetime timer for 49-U I think they'd have taken it.

We'll see what happens there I guess. It does seem as though PL are pulling out of Fountain Core when they get bored of fighting IT alliance. There's talk of PL going back to their roots. It will be interesting to see what happens there too I suspect.

D

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
This basically means that 49-U is now reset again, Sov blockade units are probably dead and now IT (BoB), -A- + friends will have to start again from scratch. This is the new sov grind and essentially as long as the defender can successfully hold the system at any point during the defence the attacker goes back to the begining.
D

No, sov blockade units were still invuln since the i-hub was reinforced afaik. So they are still online and friendly POS in system still intact. Station got reinforced a second time today. Still it goes out in US tz again, this will prolly happen again and again, interleaving the i-hub and station until someone gets some unlucky timers or fucks up

Provi are grabbing 4 pipe systems close to HED in some sort of show of muscles, which acts as a distraction aswell (though probably not intended to cooperate with goons). Twice the TCU units got popped before they onlined, but they got them online when -A- was distracted in 49-U. They also put i-hubs in those systems which all are reinforced by now afaik. One comes out at midnight today so there'll be a fight then.

Last fleetfight they lost badly but were outnumbered, most probably didnt even load the grid (warped in fighting at i-hub)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
think CCP need to do something to prevent those grid load deaths.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
think CCP need to do something to prevent those grid load deaths.

They've had GM's and dev's present at most of the big fights recently. I suspect they're working ahrd but as ever it's always playing catch up for them.

I'm hoping they find improvements soon but I expected these problems, you don't introduce monumental changes of the kind that they've done and get it 100% right.

M

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
They've had GM's and dev's present at most of the big fights recently. I suspect they're working ahrd but as ever it's always playing catch up for them.

I'm hoping they find improvements soon but I expected these problems, you don't introduce monumental changes of the kind that they've done and get it 100% right.

M

but those deaths have been there since pretty much forever tho :)

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
but those deaths have been there since pretty much forever tho :)

Yeah they had but CCP had it fixed about 3 months ago or so. Then they released dominion. Tbh even now "grid load" deaths are pretty rare ish. It's only when you have two big blobs hitting an unreinforced node with lots of activity elsewhere that you tend to get that massive desync.

D

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
With todays blob sizes you can pretty much crash the node even if it's reinforced. Atleast that's what's happened in 49-U the last few days apparentely

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom