Xvid / DivX and the Xbox 360

Starman

Part of the furniture
I had issues myself with XviD playback over VGA. Some would playback with a black screen but you could hear the sound. It was mostly XviD from PAL sources at 25 FPS. I found that changing the X360 res to 640x480 made the files in question playback just fine.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I had issues myself with XviD playback over VGA. Some would playback with a black screen but you could hear the sound. It was mostly XviD from PAL sources at 25 FPS. I found that changing the X360 res to 640x480 made the files in question playback just fine.

Probably a kink that needs to be worked out, 25fps files work fine over component. It is just another VGA glitch that Microsoft need to address, not the first VGA problem and probably not the last sadly.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
as far as it goes its good, but should have been better grweat that you can stick lodsa stuff on usb hdd and watch from that for it has given errors on random stuffs switching it off and on again plays the file fine, scaling not as good as xbmc which considering the 360 hardware should be uber,

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
as far as it goes its good, but should have been better grweat that you can stick lodsa stuff on usb hdd and watch from that for it has given errors on random stuffs switching it off and on again plays the file fine, scaling not as good as xbmc which considering the 360 hardware should be uber,

Nothing that cannot be fixed bud and of course it is no XBMC but then that is one of the greatest applications in the history of well.... anything! :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
This sucks it gets anounced for the PS3 and the Bastard Box just add it ;) I want it on the PS3 i have hundreds of divx files to watch :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Any mkv support?

Not yet but I would expect to see it added in the spring update or later, it is very much in demand and people are letting Microsoft know that on the official Xbox forums.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
but but it doesnt work on the media extender side yet so you cant stream from a pc :(

hopefully they fix that soon

Starman

Part of the furniture
I really don't see what they are basing that on as I find the X360 gives a good quality picture.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Wow a dashboard update that does so much damage it looks like the console was hit with a sledge hammer!

From a PS3 news site and you believe it?

soze

I am a FH squatter
From a PS3 news site and you believe it?

Why not the Xbox fans believe news posted aout the PS3 on 360 fan sites ;)

8 sounds bad but i know some one on his 4th 360 now.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Why not the Xbox fans believe news posted aout the PS3 on 360 fan sites ;)

8 sounds bad but i know some one on his 4th 360 now.

Soze, if it was a legit report it would have been picked up on independent news sites but it wasn't because it comes from a PS3 news site that shows massive bias and was most likely posted by some fanboi looking to score points. Now I am not saying there haven't been alot of 360 failures or even that some people may have had that many problems before the advanced heatsink fix but I am not going to believe it when some monkey with a vested interest posts his 'problem' on a rabid PS3 news site. ;)

Oh and you will notice that I don't post links to hardcore 360 sites myself because they are usually heavily baised, better to stick to more independant sites like VE3D.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I find it easier not to post links at all.

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
You know id call BS on this but i swear mine had been making odd noises recently and ya know what?

Today the bloody thing froze, died, and ring of deathed. Release day one too!

Bloody MS, got a send back sticker thing anyway now :( But bleh. Prolly coincidence but maybe twas the update!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
chances are you will get a hdmi equipped one back, let use know if thats the case

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Mine got the 3 red lights death. I got mine back with someone elses hd! Bye bye saved games :(

I've complained but no reply yet.

Starman

Part of the furniture
Kevin, you shouldn't of lose your saved games. The HDD should of been de-attached and just the base console sent (Without the power adapter also) to MS for repair. Your own fault for sending it in the first place :p.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah I wasnt sure at the time if I should have given them it. Thought they might need to do stuff on it so gave it to them. :(

Starman

Part of the furniture
Sorry mate - sadly I doubt you will get your original HDD back. I'm sure MS make it clear over the phone that only the console is to be sent and the box they ship as it also.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah they do, they clearly state to return the console only, no HD, no cables.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I filled in an online form I think it said no cables but dunno about hd.
I'm not after mine back, want some xbox points to spend or something :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom