XP's finally dieing

F

Furr

Arghhhh Win Xp is starting to die on my sytem, i keep getting the new version of blue screen, luckily i have 512 mb of ram so it taks a while to dump it to disk, hmm may be time for my usally windows maintance routine, id really hoped i would'nt need to do it on XP

S

Summo

You can also disable memory dumps in Startup and Recovery options.

What's the driver/device at fault on your blue screen.? With XP they often provide some actual useful information on the blue screen as to what caused it.

If that makes sense. :/

F

Furr

found the problem, it was the wbhook.dll file. came with mcaffe antivirus so i unistalled that and fixed.

S

(Shovel)

lol - with all their efforts to block out crap drivers, you'd have though MS would refuse the "Designed for Windows XP" logo to software, which on repeated occasions has proved to be utter shite.... anyone tried playing Daikatana on it? ;P

O

old.©h®°n°

Frankly, WindowsXP is crap.
XP standing for eXPeriance is definatly the way to put it.
Experiancing the same as previous o/s's. Crashes etc.
I give it no more than 2 weeks on a clean system before it starts to die.
2000 is the best.
XP = :puke:

S

Sar

XP works fine for me, it's as stable as 2K is, but looks a hell of a lot better.

Bet you lot try to break it on purpose ;)

F

Furr

me has to say i do quite like Xp. apart from when more often than not, third party software mucks it up.

got a shock earlier a little yellow triangle with a exclamation mark appeared in the icon tray, saying a *something a rather* had just been corrupted and was beeing restored.

i wub u XP

S

ShockingAlberto

Yes, but if it was truly great, badly programmed software wouldn't cause any trouble. A program can't do you over in Linux, just switch to a terminal, and killall program :) I heard that it's next to impossable to crash the linux kernel. It's not easy to crash X, it's difficult to crash the entire input(ie you can't use X nor a terminal), and as i say, nearly impossable to crash the kernel(if you were to connect in from a remote connection, the kernel would be running smoothely).

E

Embattle

True, thats why ctrl-alt-del drops you to the task manager in XP where you can shut down the program making a fuss.

O

old.Reverend Flatus

Originally posted by ShockingAlberto
I heard that it's next to impossable to crash the linux kernel.
Maybe, but you can certainly bring down the entire system with some dodgy coding as I found out!

F

Furr

i like the way the new Ctr-Alt-del box work, also when i use it now the music which im usally playing 12/7 does'nt skip.

B

bodhi

Linux crashed 5 times when I tried installing it. I gave up after that. So much for the advanced stability of Linux :rolleyes:

F

Furr

hhhmmmm for some reason in windows update no matter how many times it says its succesful i can download and install the Windows XP Application Compatibility Update

Successful 05 January 2002 Windows XP Application Compatibility Update Web site

Successful 05 January 2002 Windows XP Application Compatibility Update Web site

Successful 04 January 2002 Windows XP Application Compatibility Update Web site

Failed 03 January 2002 Windows XP Application Compatibility Update Web site

F

Furr

It keeps crashing, then a little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it appears in the icon tray bit, then when I click on it disappears, what a useless thing to do, it could at least tell me what the problem was. Strangely this all started after uninstalling half-life (which took up 5 gigs) I think half-life was an essential piece of my system

F

Furr

i had downloaded every addon under the planet, stupid broadband connection

O

old.©h®°n°

lol
I understand totally, my half-life directory is awful, and im on a 56k.
mwah
mind u, i leave PC on 24/7 with the occasional restart and lovley AOL with no cutoffs.
And no comments about AOL.
Connection of 41k each and every time and sub 200 pings in games.
They got new servers u c.

And i totally agree, XP SuX Cock

I have installed it several times. I usally format around every 2-3 weeks anyway to keep the system fast and try XP now and again to see if it will decide to work but nope, after a couple of weeks it dies again.

So XP. This is what I have to say to you...
:upyours:
mwah

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Embattle
Take it you've used it then?

as a matter of fact I have. my work lets me play every now and then. so I looked at it.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by testin_da_cable
so I looked at it.

Nough said.

©h®°n° AOL sucks monkey nuts and most probably fucks XP up :p

O

old.©h®°n°

And why does AOL suck monkey nuts?
And it doesnt fuck XP up, works fine. About the one thing that does.

Anyway, your explanation to why AOL sucks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom