xping in mid

D

datingel

is there an easy way to get to the lair in malmohus if you're solo? or is it always a question of waiting for a few peeps to turn up?

Also is there a kind of mid equivalent to Avalon City in Alb? The albs seem to rave about the xp in there, just wondering if its worth buying SI to get a better rate of xp.

C

Cadire

The usual way to get to the Lair is this:

Enter Malmo, and take the first left, up and through the Svartalfs (make sure you're not aggro to them first of course!).

There are quicker ways, but for a novice 'Malmo Runner' I'd suggest sticking to the left wall, as high up as you can. Depending on where you climbed the wall, you may or may not see an opening on the left which leads to another Svartalf camp, cross over this gap and continue along the wall.

After a while you will come to another canyon to the left. Just stay on the left wall, and follow the canyon in... this is where all the bad guys are :)

Stay as high as you can (speed would be nice too) until you come to some stones laid out like the letter 'H'. Drop down just behind these, and diagonally cross over to the other side. You will be heading in the same direction, just on the other wall. There are some Drakulvs here, so you may have to wait for a suitable gap before you dash across.

From here on you have 2 choices... run like hell in the opposite direction from the stones (again as high up as you can), or creep along watching out for Drakulvs. I prefer to just leggit as fast as I can. Keep running, and pretty soon you will see the Lair ahead of you. Go around the corner of the hill a little then down. You will probably see people XPIng there (near some stones).

When running the last bit, the zonewall will force you quite low (which is why I prefer to run all the way), and trees will be everywhere, hiding the Drakulvs. Save a bit of endurance in case you have to sprint away from here.

If you do die, it will probably be near the Lair, but a friendly healer may come out to rezz you :)

Good Luck!

I'm not sure what Avalon City is, so can't answer that bit.

D

datingel

excellent reply thank you :)

only problem I have is I'm aggro to Svartalfs, so I guess I'm gonna struggle :*(

K

klavrynd

don't tunnelhosts etc in spindel faction with svartalfs ?

and you can take your exp thing to lake first to get a decent faction too

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Here's a nice map of that route (thanks to Rild/Cami) though, personally, I always cross from south wall further on from H-stones at about /loc 32K 60K. There isn't any aggro at all high on south wall up to this point and it's a good place to cross. Crossing at H-stones seems to be a 25% risk of aggro, whereas the 32K crossing point is more like 5% - I've never been killed using the later crossing point.

malmo.jpg

N

Nightchill

afaik, there's nothing quite as useful as Avalon City in mid.

D

datingel

that map is superb thanks very much.

I make 1 in every 4 runs now :)

C

cadiva

Tuscaren Glacier is, I believe, the equivalent of Avalon City in Midgard.

It's the high level dungeon with the epic mob boss at the end of it so I'm guessing it's the same. It needs a lot of people to do the King and Queen/Griffons but I'm fairly sure a group of level 40+ could do the tunnels just at the entrance to it.

There's also Trollheim (strange LOS issues in places) and my personal favourite, Iarnvindur's Lair (top quality mob bashing).

Users who are viewing this thread