Help Xperia Z3 Compact Email Sound

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Great phone, love it so far, even has double tap to wake built in which is great but....how the fuck do you turn off the tone for the email received notification. Yes I know about going into settings then going into each specific acount then selecting silent or none for the ring tone but that does not work on this phone, it still gives a fucking tone when an email arrives. I want the the notification but I don't want a bastard sound every time I get a mail. I am fairly sure this is going to be a Sony specific issue or app but I can't find it in settings or another seperate email app anywhere on the phone.

Any ideas fellow owners? (Google search revealed fuck all)

@TdC I did figure out how to get rid of the annoying power saving tips notification though chum.

@Bodhi any ideas on this chum?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
You using the Gmail app or the full email client? I know if it's the Gmail app you can adjust the notifications from the settings menu within the app, under settings for that particular account.

Trem

You using the Gmail app or the full email client? I know if it's the Gmail app you can adjust the notifications from the settings menu within the app, under settings for that particular account.

No mate that doesn't do it in this case and on this phone. I am using the gmail app and inbuilt email app for my hotmail account. The normal settings/routes are not working this time :-(

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
No mate that doesn't do it in this case and on this phone. I am using the gmail app and inbuilt email app for my hotmail account. The normal settings/routes are not working this time :-(

Latest version of the Gmail app can handle Hotmail accounts too, so I'd just use that. On mine if you press the big M in the corner, go down to settings, then you can adjust it from in there.

Trem

Latest version of the Gmail app can handle Hotmail accounts too, so I'd just use that. On mine if you press the big M in the corner, go down to settings, then you can adjust it from in there.

Yes mate I know but it doesn't stop the tone even if you change it to silent on both accounts individually. Never been a problem on all previous Android phones just this one :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yes mate I know but it doesn't stop the tone even if you change it to silent on both accounts individually. Never been a problem on all previous Android phones just this one :(
Turn the sound down or put it on dnd hehe

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Even though I have no idea what you're talking about, you're damn right I managed to fix whatever it was!

Ps. :eek:

Trem

It's because you are a spazzer, i bet @TdC managed to change this setting.

Couldn't see you saying that.....really :/

Even though I have no idea what you're talking about, you're damn right I managed to fix whatever it was!

Ps. :eek:

I have no idea what you have fixed because I now know what you're on about!

:eek:

Trem

I have no idea what you have fixed because I now know what you're on about!

:eek:

....that makes no sense at all because the wife was talking to me as I was typing it :eek:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So, do you get the notification tone for both email apps? Got to be a setting somewhere.

Trem

So, do you get the notification tone for both email apps? Got to be a setting somewhere.
Yes mate, it is driving me mental......well it isn't but I know it will be a Sony setting somewhere but I can't find it. Only way is to turn off notifications and let Evolve SMS and what's app deal with texts on their own. Infuriating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom