Xp-grp in the holliday

C

Cowled

Hi all

I hate to solo, in fact i've almost soloed to lvl 35 with my little friar.

I'm setting up an Xp-grp in my holliday, starting the monday the 10th Febuary untill friday the Friday the 14th..

The requirement is that you are lvl 40-45 (yes, i'll be lvl 40 at monday :)), usefull (no scouts, i can accept one inf), got humor, want to cooperate.. etc.

Goal is to reach lvl 50 in our timelimit together, that's why we'll be playing from early nooooon to late night.

I can't really post which classes im looking for, depending which you guys have, so post your alts in that lvl-area.

:)

Hope alot of you will be joining in.

Ps. Important that you got armor, weapon, stuff sorted out for all your lvls, so we don't need to wait for anyone :p

The Team atm
Jaheira (Cowled) - Friar lvl 40
Burglash (Ozaric) - Armsman lvl 43
Origenes (Abelardus) (maybe) - Theurgist lvl 42

C

Cowled

Originally posted by -Warhawk-

Fair enuff...

:confused:

Yes, the thing about scouts is that they got a GREAT dmg output, but:

Arrows - runs out (not that big a problem)
Miss - alot
Fumble - alot
Very soft
Very poor melee

So a firewizz would be better.. or any other caster actually.. :( ..

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Typical Cowled post really.
You scratch my back, I do not scratch yours.
Funny as Cowled used to play a scout. Guess still bitter from not finding a group.
Regards, Glottis

C

Cowled

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Typical Cowled post really.
You scratch my back, I do not scratch yours.
Funny as Cowled used to play a scout. Guess still bitter from not finding a group.
Regards, Glottis

Ooooh c'mon..
ppl already hate you on this board, no need to give satan another finger..?

D

dimerian

Very weird if you dont understand why he doesnt want to take scout to group which will play almost non-stop,instead of scout you can get almost any other more groupfriendly class,except infi of course,ofc infi/scout should be taken to normal pve-group always if nothing better to catch but his point it to xp quick and without problems (arrows etc.) :p

Too bad I cant join,would love to xp my pala with ye :(

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by Cowled

Yes, the thing about scouts is that they got a GREAT dmg output, but:

Arrows - runs out (not that big a problem)
Miss - alot
Fumble - alot
Very soft
Very poor melee

So a firewizz would be better.. or any other caster actually.. :( ..

I think he means scouts sux thats y i deleted his?:)

P

[PS]Venom

43 Mincer? :)

Tho I don't have the time really :(

A

Apathy

I have a lvl 42 friar that would be good to get into that. I can do the four day thing but will need a few hours break now and then since I do have a tiny bit of a life left.

a.

S

skile

Have a pole armsman in grp. Get him and the rest (those who can) to put protect on the scout. Then the scout can shoot endless of shots without getting aggro, and thats (70%) of caster dmg. And if they do get aggro, they don't die in 2 hits.

S

skile

"Miss - alot
Fumble - alot"

False, it should be:

"Miss - selldom"
Fumble - selldom"

Depends on what con the mobs are tho. Red and purple, sure, they might miss a bit. But on yellow and orange, theyr effective.

A

ab_fluid

or they could just tank, scouts got 42 shield....slam, guard, whatever they are jsut as useful if not more so than infs.

P

pilia

Originally posted by Hit ^_^
buffed infils solo trees :>

Yes,but then again,so does any other class :)
Infact an unbuffed s/s arms or paly can even kill them,isnt that suprising.

And a scout can fullfill many roles in a group,ofcourse,they will miss many shots on a purple con,but did you know that a wizard also gets alot of resists on those ?.And a scout doesnt die in 2 hits,and has reasonable melee( or you should hope anyway ).

C

Cowled

Anyway, wasn't to be discussed, that's my openion - don't join up, if you think im a nasty mofo .. no one is forcing you..

T

Tranquil-

You will hit purples as a Scout fine if the rest of the group is attacking the same target. A Scout will work fine and won't get killed in a xp group if detaunts is used at the right time and that the group knows what to do and when to do it if the Scout gets aggro.

With guard/slam the scout is of more use to the group than the infil.

Ofcourse, you'll need a group that knows what they are doing, which can be a bit much to ask for sometimes..

C

Cashandcarry

Gotta say Cowled - I'm really disappointed you think to exclude scouts.

Have you forgotten that you had to show me where the Oracles were so I could solo my way from 40 - 43, and then show me the Pennine trees too for yet more exciting solo XPing.

You used to be one of us screaming LFG in Lyoness so don't encourage the discrimination.

No personal dig intended, I'm just a bit disappointed.

Anyway on another subject - I took up fletching again and hit Legendary Master - at last !!

Galerrard
Vice GM
The Brethren

R

RD_MuDgEtH

Just the sort of thing Im looking for, except.....My holidays are different at this stupid college, instead I get 2 weeks off, but 2 weeks later than everyone else :(

S

Subbiz

omg and compare the whining about how nobody wants a scout only because they dont know the char when a certain scout was 45? :rolleyes:

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I have a lvl 42 friar that would be good to get into that. I can do the four day thing but will need a few hours break now and then since I do have a tiny bit of a life left.

Liar!

O

old.Mitsu

Can't you just accept that a scout just suck majorly in a pve group?

A

Apathy

SOMEONE has to go and buy cheese for the fondue parties I hold.

Oh I am the belle of Birmingham society!

a.

C

Cowled

Originally posted by Subbiz
omg and compare the whining about how nobody wants a scout only because they dont know the char when a certain scout was 45? :rolleyes:

<-- I don't get that post sub :/ .. might be cos im sleepy

Galerrard: Grats on the fletch, sorry to disapoint you..

If we are lucky, we'll be locked up in darkness falls monday -> Friday, chainpulling purple/red mobs, killing fast.. and i KNOW .. i KNOW for playing a scout from lvl 5 to 50, the scout WONT be able to carry enough arrows :) .. and nearest arrow-merchant is WD / camelot / likely - outside Darkness Falls.

K

k9awya

i will stick up for cowled here

scouts suck

why group one lol ?

ok ok you want it to tank, uhm compare to to a paladin and please you see there is no point

this group is about POWER XP you take the best chars for a group

seriously they shouldn't take infil.. and kick that lvl 40 friar it sucks.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

I think that was what most people meant. Fine is you want to make a power xp group, but then move the "gimped" friar out of there. And the inf. Or you cannot exclude the scout.
Nicest group setup would be 3 paladins, slash and shield and chants, 1 minstrel, 2 clerics, and 2 ice wizzes, or one cleric and 3 ice wizzes.
This would hardly be a powerlvl group :)
Regards, Glottis

T

thorwyntf

I can´t see the problem here. Someone is trying to set up a group and says what classes he wants/doesn´t want to see in the group. His decision, his group, his thread, fine. End of story.
Who are you, that you´re trying to tell someone what he has to do or shouldn´t do in his own group?

...and no, I don´t have anything against Scouts/Infils in my groups ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom