XP Black List

S

Shike

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Entirely going past the background of the person (Blocker) or his situation, his story.

just wanna clarifie that it was Blockster if Xorta typed it right, not Blocker, the Blocker I know cant be this person since Blocker rocks totally in PvE :)

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by Shike
just wanna clarifie that it was Blockster if Xorta typed it right, not Blocker, the Blocker I know cant be this person since Blocker rocks totally in PvE :)

It wasnt Blocker.

Blockster.

O

old.windforce

Blocker ruikt wel een beetje raar, saracen....

J

Jenna.

*buuhuu*

Lets whine on Xorta cause he hate wankers that destroy exp for many people, yeah lets do that! IMO we should make the AFK-Ipull4tehwin-d00ds a protected specie so noone can ever touch them!

C

cHodAX

Avoid : Morbidin - Necro

Bad attitude and quite happy nuke your mobs mid-pull. Came to a camp already heavily used and then demanded buffs from my cleric, when I said he was out of conc he proceeded to nuke my pulls for about 40 mins.

O

old.windforce

avoid Necros imho

though they are great addition to a group they seldom group

Z

Ziva

Originally posted by Jenna.
*buuhuu*

Lets whine on Xorta cause he hate wankers that destroy exp for many people, yeah lets do that! IMO we should make the AFK-Ipull4tehwin-d00ds a protected specie so noone can ever touch them!

I for sure was not whining on Xorta since i do understand his point very well. No one likes his xp to be cut down or destroyed due to morons.

But making a blacklist is not the solution imho since you don't know the background of the reason why people go afk. If u don't ask them and u just put them on a list those who don't know can't even defend themselves. How about those that don't read BW and get ignored for groups because they are on a list then don't even know about? Not really fair now is it?

I was in a RvR group a while ago and i suddenly felt very sick. I hoped it would pass so after going afk for some medicine and water i came back to play but after some time i got sick even worse so i had to go afk again. I know someone in group got very upset because of this and didn't even want to listen to what reason there was for me going afk. Reason i stayed in group was because i didn't want to leave them without speed.

Now if this pissed-off-person put me on the list... u think i deserve this for going afk? For beeing someone who normally never goes afk or always says when she needs to go afk? Because of this one time i did and could not even say why because of the sickness?

Implemtenting a blacklist is something u can only do if everyone in the whole realm knows about it upfront. And u have to give people a chance to explain themselves before judging them... if u don't consider these things it really shows only u don't respect others i think.

J

Jenna.

I for sure was not whining on Xorta since i do understand his point very well. No one likes his xp to be cut down or destroyed due to morons.

But making a blacklist is not the solution imho since you don't know the background of the reason why people go afk. If u don't ask them and u just put them on a list those who don't know can't even defend themselves. How about those that don't read BW and get ignored for groups because they are on a list then don't even know about? Not really fair now is it?

IMO you shouldnt need to ask people why they went afk, they should explain why before and tell for how long they are planning on going afk. If you act like a twat then people needs to be warned from you:)
I was in a RvR group a while ago and i suddenly felt very sick. I hoped it would pass so after going afk for some medicine and water i came back to play but after some time i got sick even worse so i had to go afk again. I know someone in group got very upset because of this and didn't even want to listen to what reason there was for me going afk. Reason i stayed in group was because i didn't want to leave them without speed.

Now if this pissed-off-person put me on the list... u think i deserve this for going afk? For beeing someone who normally never goes afk or always says when she needs to go afk? Because of this one time i did and could not even say why because of the sickness?

You managed to go afk and get medicine and water but you couldnt tell your team that you went afk since you were sick? Sounds kinda strange to me. I always write before I go afk, it takes about 5 seconds.
I think the idea behind the list was to put evul-d00ds there that just destroys the game, like mrPull4tehwin&AFK4everL33chd00d.

Implemtenting a blacklist is something u can only do if everyone in the whole realm knows about it upfront. And u have to give people a chance to explain themselves before judging them... if u don't consider these things it really shows only u don't respect others i think.

This is BW, people flame each others and you have to try to defend yourself after getting flamed :)

C

Civ

Oh..

Ouch.. This is so sad. Why the hell make a blacklist for afk? Just avoid em, and seriosly, I think you have time enough to change grp once, or twice Atrox. And if you wanna be sure, why not ask the grp-leader if this person is in the grp, and if he is, then dont join em. What you are doing now, is just get flames up, ppl will get angry, and make ppl sad. Stop that, play the game, and avoid ppl if you have to.

S

skerit XP

There are some annoying people, but to actually draw the line is impossible. What if his mother/wife is yelling at the door to do this and that, you don't have time to do much, goign afk is the fastest thing to do. It is annoying when someone is afk all the time, but you don't know why he/she is ..

Oh, this is annoying, when you say (healer) "I'm oop" and then they pull anyway and they get killed ...

But a blacklist is just stupid, one day someone can be really helpfull, the next (s)he could have died 50 times and (s)he can get so annoyed (s)he just quits. Or when you're dead tired and really wanna log, or when the group itself isn't that good, you also wan to leave, too many variables ...

O

old.Atrox

Re: Oh..

Originally posted by Civ
Ouch.. This is so sad. Why the hell make a blacklist for afk? Just avoid em, and seriosly, I think you have time enough to change grp once, or twice Atrox. And if you wanna be sure, why not ask the grp-leader if this person is in the grp, and if he is, then dont join em. What you are doing now, is just get flames up, ppl will get angry, and make ppl sad. Stop that, play the game, and avoid ppl if you have to.

Well.. Yes I may have enough spre time to get another group, 50times, but I dont have the patience.
and this wasnt about him going AFK, the AFK part was just one thing, the thing that got me really pissed off were that he deliberately killed the group and then left.

Im not on about "misstakes" "accidents" or random short AFK's.
This is about those mofos who leave group without any notice ( ei. Ding!, gotta go thanks for group ) and people who cant act like normal people.

No one want them in their groups, so why not make a list so we dont have to put up with them anymore ?
ofc alot of "fake" nicks will be there, but atleast you can keep an eye out for those listed, so you can get a replacement for them if they cant behave.

G

granny

I think an "XP blacklist" is an appalling, elitist and divisive idea. As members of the same realm we should be trying to help each other not make it harder for people to XP.

If someone sucks and makes mistakes or is an arse then how about trying to explain to them the errors of their ways? If they persist then don't group with them again, fine, I've done that myself in the past with several people who seemed incapable of learning.

Don't put them on some list on BarrysWhine though so that other people will judge them sight unseen. What's to stop people lying anyway? I can imagine situations where someone has pissed someone off and then comes on here and adds their name to this XP blacklist with some invented reasons. Who's gonna vet it?

C

Cush

If a person cant tell he has to go afk while grouping with other ppl he dont deserv to group with them. As Jenna said how hard it it to say "I have to go afk 5 min is that ok" and then its up to the groups to say a yes or no. If its a no you should respect that but during exp i cant see many ppl that would say that. In rvr its another thing tho, aint the best idea to run afk at any time then. Better to time them in at deaths/buffstops etc when you aint in such a wonrable place. This shouldent be very hard to understand you think?

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by granny
I think an "XP blacklist" is an appalling, elitist and divisive idea. As members of the same realm we should be trying to help each other not make it harder for people to XP.
Thats exacly what a list would do, remove those ruining elements in the groups.
If the wish to have a smooth working xp group is Elitist then be it.

K

Korebwyn

i remember some dooood named Blaen who always leeched xp.
OMG SMITE ROX!!
had to pl him all the time :<

C

chretien

This is the most retarded idea I've heard for a while. Whinge about people if you like - it's a free world after all, but an xp blacklist is unenforceable, unfair and open to so much abuse.
Still I guess if you can't see it Atrox then there's no point arguing.

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by Korebwyn
i remember some dooood named Blaen who always leeched xp.
OMG SMITE ROX!!
had to pl him all the time :<

xDDDD

J

Jenkz

whole thing is harsh but true, ive never really liked grouping in daoc.. most people are deadly slient - any attempt to speak, add some fun or humour is left to rot in the silent depths of mindless XPing.

groupings not fun, having pricks ruin what little fun there is, is more shameful than wanting to name such idiots on a public forum.

funny the number of people condemning the idea, i guess you're the type that likes to go AFK for "a few min" then reappear 30min later.

O

old.Morchaoron

There are alot of idiots around tho:

-Autotraining level 46 minstrels trying to mez mobs in AC, and they dont say in advance they are autotraining
-earth specced theurgists who think they can go afk without turning bt on
-people who ding and suicide in mobs but forget to disband
-people who get ressed and have autorun on and run through 3 camps (grouped with us ofcourse)
-ice wizards who keep pbaeing even when the level 70 patrol walks through them, and dont listen to warnings
-greycon noob being followed by 12 purples and dragging them in a pbae group

these are just the few of the stupidities i have seen

C

chretien

Yes Jenkz, that's exactly what I'm like.
Where do we stop though? Do we have a group-leaders blacklist?
"OMG!! This guy once took like 40 seconds to reply to my LFG spam! Everyone blacklist him!!"
Or a CC blacklist?
What about a healer blacklist?
Everyone has bad days, not one of you can honestly say you've never done something stupid. Going AFK without notice is annoying but If there's a damn good RL reason for doing it, you bet I'm going to do it. Choice between my house burning down and losing 2-3 kills worth of XP is so not a choice.
If someone is an idiot then have a word - if they won't listen talk to their guild officers, flame them here if you must, but arbitrarily deciding that everyone who gets a group killed should be blacklisted is such a moronic idea it's not even funny.

J

Jenkz

i think xorta is talking about people who REPEATEDLY do this, and even after your suggested quiet talks, talks to guild officers, and other things, they still do it over and over?

from what i understood he was suggesting something should be done about idiots who repeatedly screw up others XP groups, not just for one off "mistakes" ....

i agree with you, really, a "black list" is nonsense, would be unfair and could not be policed. however i see no harm in people coming on here and posting a thread like this naming and shaming idiots who repeatedly ruin a number of XP groups... theres no way an official "blacklist" would be accepted, heh. i doubt xorta is seriously proposing one, but more saying name and shame?

the autotraining thing is laughable too, i've heard of autotrained crush+shield paladins getting grouped in AC without saying they have no chants before joining the group.... why should these people get away with it over and over, even after righteous diplomatic routes have been tried.

P

punchy

Originally posted by old.windforce
avoid Necros imho

though they are great addition to a group they seldom group

I'm levelling a necro on/off at the moment, yeah they can PL themselves at the right camps but it gets boring. Would group anytime just to break up monotony of solo chain-pulling. Group play is an important part of learning any class and as a bonus sometimes group chat can get very silly and entertaining :)(specially around 3 am after beers)

Feel free to invite meh (name = Mortician)

happy hunting...

O

oldnick

You really hate people that ding and then leave the group?

Sometimes you stay past the time you should , hoping to get that ding. When it comes you notice it 12.30am and you have to get up for work, you just have to log.

I have to say i dont have any bad feelings for people that ding then have to log

Nick

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by oldnick
You really hate people that ding and then leave the group?

Sometimes you stay past the time you should , hoping to get that ding. When it comes you notice it 12.30am and you have to get up for work, you just have to log.

I have to say i dont have any bad feelings for people that ding then have to log

Nick

Yes, it's wrong when they dont say anything before, just a simple line like: Im gonna log after I ding in 1.2, so you better start looking for replacement.

Instead of the *Ding* Gottoa go bye!

Thats all i want alittle notice so the group atleast can try to get a replacement, and not just leave em there, causeing DT.

Oh and Im talking about the EXTREME CASES.

Users who are viewing this thread