XP Black List

O

old.Atrox

Im getting very tred of these class A tards who ruin peoples XP.
So please add the name off those we should avoid grouping.

Blockster ( Paladin )
AFK without notice, got group killed by running into Taskers in AC then "had" to log.

F

faderullan

How about people going afk without notice in rvr and gets group killed?

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by old.Atrox
Im getting very tred of these class A tards who ruin peoples XP.
So please add the name off those we should avoid grouping.

Blockster ( Paladin )
AFK without notice, got group killed by running into Taskers in AC then "had" to log.

Damn this is sad. Instead of settling this argument in PM's etc etc you put them on a blacklist.

Luckily I don't play Alb/Prydwen, because the idea of a XP-blacklist makes me wanna puke IRL.

F

faderullan

If i wanna puke irl cuz of a computer game then you take the game to serious

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by faderullan
If i wanna puke irl cuz of a computer game then you take the game to serious

Was meaning as an expression..

But I think you take the game too serious if you make an XP-blacklist :)

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Was meaning as an expression..

No I value my time, and people who get me killed and split the group cost me time.

The whole Idea with this is to get people to start to behave in random XP groups, the attitude you get from some ppl is kinda annoying.

It's hard enough to get decent xp in random group without retards that ruin its even more.

O

old.Morchaoron

yup, usually people that show bad sportsmanship just get removed from games...

S

Shike

No I value my time, and people who get me killed and split the group cost me time.

The whole Idea with this is to get people to start to behave in random XP groups, the attitude you get from some ppl is kinda annoying.

It's hard enough to get decent xp in random group without retards that ruin its even more.

tehe, once in my grp in sidi one groupmember went afk to tap up a bath, and no, it wasnt some PBTer or similar, was an infil.

When we asked why he went to tap up a bath he replied something similar to: Why not?

Have to say I kinda agree with Xorta, If I lay down time in a group and am there to 100%, I'd be happy to see everyone else do the same. Slackers is not my favotype of persons in PvE. I can understand if someone have a kid or a sick GF that request stuff all the time etc, but lazy people that just ride along and leech, dont stick when going afk, dont respond to stuff written in /g etc... I really dont like it. :mgwhore2:

F

Freppe^^

Okey, all chars from old.atrox should be blacklisted.
Why?
1 word, moron.

P

Puppetmistress

You sure you aren't taking this game abit too serious ?

You think people will behave better because you put their name(s) on a XP-Blacklist? OMG: Old.Atrox his sorc missed an AoE-mezz and as a result we had 3 purplecons on our group wrecking havoc and we died, put him on blacklist, he only has 34 mind anyhow. Yeah great way to make people behave ~rollseyes~

AC is on Prydwen probably heavily used as on Excalibur. Taskers is a regular spot and easy to get too. I mean, your group got whiped, did you try and ask for a rezz? What was your downtime due to it?

Or is rezzing some other people not in your fullgroup slowing the XP-process down and thus not done?

You receive what you give mate.

And if you give out and make a XP-blacklist you create a bad atmosphere in the guild which will only break-up the Realm in the end.

O

old.Atrox

You sure you aren't taking this game abit too serious ?
as I said, no but I value my time, and people like Blockster waste it.

You think people will behave better because you put their name(s) on a XP-Blacklist? OMG: Old.Atrox his sorc missed an AoE-mezz and as a result we had 3 purplecons on our group wrecking havoc and we died, put him on blacklist, he only has 34 mind anyhow. Yeah great way to make people behave ~rollseyes~

This isnt about misstakes, he ran right into agros, got us killed then logged.
everyone make misstakes, this wasnt one.

S

Shike

puppet, I think Xorta is relating to the extreme cases where people simply just dont use the head at all and keeps on going afk constantly without notice etc seeing as a XPblacklist is quite extreme.

Personally if I have a bad experience with someone I never group with them again unless I really have to or they come with a understandable explanation, everyone can get drunk and log on sometime I guess. ;)

E

errik

I kinda see where you are coming from, we all know people who screw up groups (and they always seem to be Paladins :) )

My favourite was someone decided he had to leave in the middle of a fight and instead of disbanding (which would have been a pain anyway) ran off and suicided on another set of mobs.

But surely the solution is either to explain (nicely or not) why that sort of thing is a tad annoying or just not group with them again.

Setting up a realm wide blacklist is a bit much. We all have off days and sometimes no matter how hard we try to ignore it RL intrudes when we are playing. If there was a blacklist then we would all be stuck soloing cos everyone would be on it.

just my £0.02

T

tris-

This isnt about misstakes, he ran right into agros, got us killed then logged.
everyone make misstakes, this wasnt one.
hi lag.

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by Freppe^^
Okey, all chars from old.atrox should be blacklisted.
Why?
1 word, moron.

k

wont argue with you.

O

old.Atrox

Oh and it want the first time he's done it.

I just dont want ppl that log after wipe or log after ding etc,
I wanna group with ppl that respect the others in the group, those who dont can foad.

C

Capricorn

if you are grouped with someone who goes afk for a long time and you hate it, why not ask to have them booted?

And if you realy hate it enough to blacklist them on a well read forum would it not be easyer to leave the group your self and find a group without said person?

no need 2 drag it out into a full scale bitch fight imho

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by Capricorn
if you are grouped with someone who goes afk for a long time and you hate it, why not ask to have them booted?

And if you realy hate it enough to blacklist them on a well read forum would it not be easyer to leave the group your self and find a group without said person?

no need 2 drag it out into a full scale bitch fight imho

The reason with it is to help ppl that are feed up with idiots to avoid inviteing them.

It takes awhile to get a balanced group most of the time, so if you can avoid getting morons the xp will be alot better.

P

Puppetmistress

Oh and it want the first time he's done it.

I just dont want ppl that log after wipe or log after ding etc,
I wanna group with ppl that respect the others in the group, those who dont can foad.

Yeah respect. Otherwise FAOD.

Sounds abit like: "Yeah I am a pacifist, and everybody who ain't on should be shot".

Well you do what you think it's right, but in the end something retarded as a XP-blacklist (which ofc would be an RvR-blacklist too) will break your realm apart.

O

old.Atrox

Yeah respect. Otherwise FAOD.

Sounds abit like: "Yeah I am a pacifist, and everybody who ain't on should be shot".

Well you do what you think it's right, but in the end something retarded as a XP-blacklist (which ofc would be an RvR-blacklist too) will break your realm apart.

lol so you dont think people should respec eachothers and not act as morons ?

ahh your an excal alb

Z

Ziva

Yeah... let's also setup a court and then u can be the judge and deceide per case if the afk was justified or not! And if it wasn't... lets all be rude and mean to this person...

Come on... get serious... u meet morons in every day life and also in DaoC. U make a blacklist for the cashier-having-a-bad-day or the busdriver-beeing-rude too?

Live with it and try not to group with these people anymore. I'm sure u have done something that (even without intending) might have upset someone else too. If u can prove a person behaves badly more then once write GOA if not ... get over it and ignore this person.

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by Ziva
Yeah... let's also setup a court and then u can be the judge and deceide per case if the afk was justified or not! And if it wasn't... lets all be rude and mean to this person...

Come on... get serious... u meet morons in every day life and also in DaoC. U make a blacklist for the cashier-having-a-bad-day or the busdriver-beeing-rude too?

Live with it and try not to group with these people anymore. I'm sure u have done something that (even without intending) might have upset someone else too. If u can prove a person behaves badly more then once write GOA if not ... get over it and ignore this person.

Yea and let other xpers get there xp ruined by him, yes...

Do you guys like these ppl ?

If there is a risk of getting named, maybe they will start to act up.
no one likes a moron but maybe a moron, you guys defend them....

M

Moth Twiceborn

Awww, Errik has it right.

"Setting up a realm wide blacklist is a bit much. We all have off days and sometimes no matter how hard we try to ignore it RL intrudes when we are playing. If there was a blacklist then we would all be stuck soloing cos everyone would be on it."

and, of course, who decides who goes on this blacklist anyway? Not a job I'd like to have.

I already have a blacklist anyway - it's called /ignore.

P

Puppetmistress

lol so you dont think people should respec eachothers and not act as morons ?

No, but respect and shooting someone off en-publique are two things which don't match. You could have settled this in a chatgroup with him and/or private messages. Instead you where frustrated and thought up some idiotic plan and post it on Barryswold. Entirely going past the background of the person (Blocker) or his situation, his story.

Respect is something which has to come from 2 sides. Clearly you want others to respect you, perhaps it's time to start respecting others. I mean:

ahh your an excal alb

Great way to earn respect ! First shoot someone down en-publique because he didn't do the right thing, and now you start with this bullshit devalueing my opinion 'because I play Albion on Excalibur'

Don't talk about respect, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

P

Puppetmistress

Do you guys like these ppl ?

If there is a risk of getting named, maybe they will start to act up.
no one likes a moron but maybe a moron, you guys defend them....

No I don't like these ppl. But taking steps as drastic as you I don't like either.

You know, people taking steps as drastic as you propose are often called morons too.

Why not just close this idiotic thread and admit you where pissed off and made this thread in the heat-of-the-moment ?

If you are truely serious about this I am gonna question your sanity. Talking about respect but judging ME about I play Albion/Excalibur.

O

old.drac

mmm..

surely its easier and less grief making just to make a mentqal note and if it happens more than once...just dont group with them.

the offenders will .
a) learn its not a nice thing to do
b) find it very hard to get a group.

O

old.Sandariel

Hehe, this thread reminds me of this Ice wizzie in Catacombs sometimes last year :)
Was leveling my Inf in a Group there, and the wizzie kept going afk for ages. It was like... PBAE in fight 1... 9 fights afk... PBAE in fight 10 etc...

When we started to be pissed off and asked him what the hell he was doing there, and why he didn't tell us when he was going afk he said:

"I'm sorry, but xping is just so boring, been watching TV" :eek7:

Think I'll never ever forget that o_O

Anyway, a blacklist is a big no no :)
Who would decide who should get "banned" or who shouldn't?
Those people that really deserve an XP Group ban are well known sooner or later anyway (Anyone remember Acuda? ;) )

Just my 2ct etc ;)

Oh, and there's always /ignore ;)

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by old.Sandariel
Anyway, a blacklist is a big no no :)
Who would decide who should get "banned" or who shouldn't?
Those people that really deserve an XP Group ban are well known sooner or later anyway (Anyone remember Acuda? ;) )

Just my 2ct etc ;)

Oh, and there's always /ignore ;)

Not a ban list, just a list of ppl you should avoid.

It's bad enough trying to get a decent xp group atm with all the PL, these ppl doesnt make it better.

Edit: A list of ppl to avoid inviteing wouldve saved me alot of headache and frustration. I am feed up with these kids who only think of themselves.

V

venerable

I think i can see where Atrox is coming from. By the sounds of it, this paladin afked a lot. Perhaps there was a confrontation when he returned, so he spitefully ran into several mobs to get the party killed. If it happened like this then I would want to know about it too so I can avoid it.

I'm not sure a blacklist is the right thing to set up, but telling the story on the boards is fine imo. Some people run away from sorting this out ingame and if this means the boards are the only way to resolve things then so be it.

While we're at it my list of shoddy behaviours are:

1. AFKing a lot (rvr or pve)

2. Not paying crafters or cancelling an order after the order has been started/finished

3. Unnecessarily rude behaviour

4. Idiots telling people how to play the game, especially in caps: "HEAL FFS!", "FFS get on the door" etc

5. Camp stealers

6. Liars

7. Item whoring

8. Spam

9. Leaving good XP groups for dodgy reasons, eg leaving after dinging, leaving to join the next group who is getting same XP, etc.

10. unneccessary XP whining: imagine you're in a chain-pulling group taking on 3/4 reds/purples at once. XP is flowing nicely. Some goon pipes up "XP is shit" and bleats on about trying harder mobs. So the party moves and gets wiped first pull, then breaks up.

I don't want to see a blacklist for all these, but if I have a tale of extreme behaviour of those types I'll tell the community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom