XP and NVidia display drivers

S

Sawtooth

Okay, I obviously dont use the drivers that came with XP. Has anyone else had probs with XP stability as a result of using the latest 2 versions including the ones that came out yesterday (23.82?).

I notice that the detonator drivers always bring up a warning saying I'm installing non-compliant drivers (signature verified I guess) and may cause stability issues yet the blurb with the Detonator drivers talks about how great they are for XP?

I sent a few of the automated reports back to microsoft and the email I got back suggested the problem was a display driver problem.

If this is the case where the hell can I get Windows logo approved drivers from?...certainly not obvious from the microsoft drivers page.

Saw

S

Sawtooth

I suggest you put Windows 2000 Pro on instead and see if that works

Saw

S

Sawtooth

Hey thats a good idea, i think I'll try it

tun tee tum tee tum (Windows 2000 loading)...tum tee tum

Welcome to Windows 2000

Hey it doesnt crash anymore....wow thats strange...what will I do now?

Answers on a post card to Sawtooth....What will I do now competition C/O BW

Saw

Z

Zey

tell you what you could do......

go see a doctor cause your talking to youself :p

S

Sawtooth

Yeah, well I left this posted last week and I can see from the enthusiastic replies that I have to sort this myself.

Saw

E

Embattle

Originally posted by sawtooth

I notice that the detonator drivers always bring up a warning saying I'm installing non-compliant drivers (signature verified I guess) and may cause stability issues yet the blurb with the Detonator drivers talks about how great they are for XP?

Thats the standard blurb for drivers not WHQL certified.

S

Summo

Go to Windows Update and you'll see an updated nVidia driver available for download. Download it. Not as new as the latest nVidia ones but worth a try, eh? Eh?

O

old.blackcow

windows updates nvidia drivers

as far as I know, the windows update drivers do not have support for OpenGL :-\

S

sabrex

windows has recovered from a serious error message / module NV4disp.dll

relates to an xp issue on nvidia driver - advise windows update should fix known MS issue.

S

Sawtooth

Yeah seen that error before. Also couldnt get Advance properties to work at all for display settings with new nvidia drivers. I think I have solved my probs by reverting to Windows 2000 Pro....stable (if slow) and lets me get on with the important things in life like playing games.

Saw

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom