XML-wallpaper, yes why not?

K

KoreanLover

As a solo inf, i got daoc in windowed, ofc. With a browser opened at www.duskwave.com/daoc, so i can look up information about a player, ie. attacking Tiarna heros is a very bad idea.

Why havn't anyone done www.duskwave.com/daoc search for chars-function on a wallpaper?

I would if i had the xml-skills, but i can't be arsed to read xml-toturials up to my exames ;)

Why one wonna try do it?

E

etaew

cant u just have that webpage as an active background in windows? .. i know you can have .html duskwave shouldnt be any different..

W

Whoodoo_RD

Surely its a lot easier just to popen a browser and alt-tab? Keep shutting the game down to minimum each time could be costly, at least with a second window open u can see whats happening in game.

K

KoreanLover

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
Surely its a lot easier just to popen a browser and alt-tab? Keep shutting the game down to minimum each time could be costly, at least with a second window open u can see whats happening in game.

My desktop resolution is 12xx*something, and daoc is 11xx*xxxx

.. That gives wallpaper-space :)

L

Legolias

I don't think I want any wallpaper where GOA is involved :rolleyes:

K

KoreanLover

Originally posted by Legolias
I don't think I want any wallpaper where GOA is involved :rolleyes:

Hehe :) Nothing is bad with xml :p

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by KoreanLover
My desktop resolution is 12xx*something, and daoc is 11xx*xxxx

.. That gives wallpaper-space :)
ermm....and? To use the wallpaper you have to minimise DAoC, therefore taking your eyes off the game. with a small ie6 window, alt tabbing you can still see the game, as wallpaper cannot be brought to the front. Seems like you are making hard work for yourself.

But here goes:

r-click on ya desktop, select Desktop, then Customise Desktop, click the Web tab, then "New..." and add your URL to the box provided.

Thats XP anyway, i cba to tell you on other OS's.

Another thing you can do, create a web page (assuming you know how) with links on it, put that on your desktop, click a link and hey prseto, your page comes up. You can also use lots of flashy javascrpt to make the opening window what size and location you want....

A

allnewdave

Sounds doable but links on the background web page will open in a new window anyway, not on the background.

You could have a set list of specific people you see a lot but otherwise you'd be as well using Explorer orwww.myie2.com, which is a tabbed shell for the IE engine.

T

Twaize

Why not just attack and then just port if u die?

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Twaize
Why not just attack and then just port if u die?

would someone please explain what that comment is referring to.. I can´t get any sense of it whatsoever

T

Twaize

As a solo inf, i got daoc in windowed, ofc. With a browser opened at www.duskwave.com/daoc, so i can look up information about a player, ie. attacking Tiarna heros is a very bad idea.

Means that why not attack instead of having to check stats?

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Twaize
Means that why not attack instead of having to check stats?

because as a solo inf he doesn´t have the ability to win over a tiarna hero ... hence why he checks the names to see what class they are.....

A

amazingsteve

and since an infil isn´t sighted easily, he doesn't have too much to worry about if he alt+tabs anyhow :eek:
and I looked up which class my enemy was all the time wif my shadey :p

D

dimerian

Usually as ns I dont have time to check what class Im going to pa if his coming from clip-range and I want to alt-tab to dw,check rp`s/class,go back to daoc-window,so totally stopped that crap :p

Ofc its v.useful if knows some guy is about and not imminent inc. :)

W

Whoodoo_RD

As an Infil, if it carrys a staff, PA it, if it has a sheild, call for backup. Simple :)

Oh, unless its me, my healer uses a staff cause im too tight to buy an MP 2h hammer :p

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by KoreanLover

"hey Inf #29344534, is that a firb or a keen?"

K

KoreanLover

Re: Re: XML-wallpaper, yes why not?

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos

Can take a firb down easy, if right class.. but try a keen hero, noob ?

T

Tharion

Re: Re: XML-wallpaper, yes why not?

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos

funneh :D

O

old.Ramas

Originally posted by Delket
2 monitors 4 teh win

What he said.

Nobody would try to get anything done on paper with desk space that measures just 19 inches corner to corner.

Why people try to do so on computers is beyond me.

Single monitor = wrong.

V

valcyr

you n00bs... get some oooold PCI gfx card and do dual monitors :D
Browser, mirc, winamp etc on one and daoc on the other 4tehwin

edit:
erhm.. No I I didnt read those post right before me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom