XML - Tell Mythic how you feel

Gamah

Banned
I know some people think there are more important things than XML, but the service has been down for MONTHS. Goa obviously don't give a shit what the players think so lets telll mythic how frustrated we are.

Fill in the herald form (link below) and tell Mythic about the XML problems, the lack of updates and everything else. Because I bet GOA will do something if mythic recieve enough reports. I have finally had enough of the lies, delays and broken promises.

If you are frustrated about the XML LET MYTHIC KNOW BELOW!

http://www.camelotherald.com/feedback.php

Make sure you mention you are reporting about the GOA servers and file under "General Negative Feedback"

Gamah

Banned
Oh and GM's don't feel you need to reply to this, I know you are only passing on information given to you. I am not blaiming you but I feel the information you get is another lie or stall and I have had enough of it.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
I feel really stupid, but what is the XML ? :/

Gahn

Resident Freddy
What can i say? +1
Reported all the crap we had to put up with in last 7 months.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
i hate missing the xml. And even when we had it (6-8 months ago) it wasnt just close to as infomative as the US one. It still says it will "soon" be working... the least they could do was give us some info.

ZukeSB

Fledgling Freddie
Worrying but i agree with Gamah, will right now when i get home from work.

I'm doomed.:eek6:

blejs

Loyal Freddie
agree, i dont even remember when xml worked last time. When was this? :>

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
blejs said:
agree, i dont even remember when xml worked last time. When was this? :>

Hmm, some 4-5 months?

I guess we'll can celebrate the half year day around christmas. :(

GReaper

Part of the furniture
doc-1354.jpg

Not very professional.

Mythic manages to keep their XML feeds updated between each patch. It's a major part of the camelotherald.com website. Perhaps if GOA didn't add evil flash to everything then it would be a major part of their site, however sites which offer a more plain view of the statistics probably get more visitors.

I can understand it being down for a week or two after a new patch, however surely making the XML work should be part of the patching/testing process?

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Would be nice to get it working, but for me it has priority zero when compared to rolling out patches and other stuff. Like I said, would be nice if it worked, but it's not a gamebreaker for me. (I'm not that statisticshorny. ;)

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Would be nice to get it working, but for me it has priority zero when compared to rolling out patches and other stuff. Like I said, would be nice if it worked, but it's not a gamebreaker for me. (I'm not that statisticshorny. ;)

And having RR's and ML's in your signature kind of tells me something different ;) :cheers:

ZukeSB

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:

Other stuff = Item restores.

I'm equipment horney, well at least for stuff i USED to have on my Valk.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Krakatau said:
And having RR's and ML's in your signature kind of tells me something different ;) :cheers:

No, 'cause I haven't listed all of em, and the statistics are more than a little out of date. ;D

popa

Fledgling Freddie
nice tool
+1 on MXL
+1 on ( why the NO " humanoid " monster drop money ?)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings, just wondering if any chance that Mythic raises a finger for the european player base as we are kinda screwed over here on the other side of the Atlantic by this french company hosting your game... namely GOA.

just a few issues:

- monthly latency / server - opentransit side hardware issues
- poor customer support, camelotherald versus european daoc site is like Tyson vs Jako
- NO INGAME customer support, why doesnt we have it like in the STATES?
- no XML for months and still counting
- DATABASE error... do i need to say more than that some people still doesnt have their 3 month old tickets solved, what kind of service is that?
- patches delayed for ages... world of warcarft got more language versions aswell but the europeans dont suffer becouse of it....
- i know we are just "eu dudes" and not US residents but cmon... do something :p

ah that felt good, though its like true :í

Werrin

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
Greetings, just wondering if any chance that Mythic raises a finger for the european player base as we are kinda screwed over here on the other side of the Atlantic by this french company hosting your game... namely GOA.

just a few issues:

- poor customer support, camelotherald versus european daoc site is like Tyson vs Jako
- DATABASE error... do i need to say more than that some people still doesnt have their 3 month old tickets solved, what kind of service is that?
- patches delayed for ages... world of warcarft got more language versions aswell but the europeans dont suffer becouse of it....
- i know we are just "eu dudes" and not US residents but cmon... do something :p

ah that felt good, though its like true :í

agree with everything, and +1 feedback sent.

Tilda

Dorin said:
OT isn't part of goa, and thus, its stupid in the extreme to blame goa for the faults of another company. Thats like suing ford, or toyota because the roads are bad between your house and the showroom.
Dorin said:
Having played both servers, i'd say EU was better.
I agree about the EU site, could be better.
Dorin said:
GM's are avaliable often when in game, and E&E can often get a GM to help if its a really ugent issue.
You don't have it like the states because its not practical to. goa pay the US money to run daoc. So the US version can reduce its costs, while goa incur extra costs as they have to pay for everything the US does, and pay mythic money.
Dorin said:
<shrug> its being worked on.
Dorin said:
Well, if you had been on mythic servers you'd have had all your items wiped. Id say the fact that the goa gm's have been willing to put in all the overtime to restore items is pretty impressive service tbh. There are a lot of tickets to get through, and with a gm team kept small by having to pay mythic subsidies, among other things, its obviously going to take a while. Its not like they've said, ahh we cba to do it anymore.
Dorin said:
Thats mythics problem not goa's.

Really wish people would get a clue about the facts before whining.

ambera

Loyal Freddie
Re service:

You don't have it like the states because its not practical to. goa pay the US money to run daoc. So the US version can reduce its costs, while goa incur extra costs as they have to pay for everything the US does, and pay mythic money.

No. Mythic have development costs that GOA don't have.

Re xml:

It does not take 6 months to set up an XML feed. We're sick to death of 'it's being worked on'. They need to DO IT.

Re patches:

Thats mythics problem not goa's.

How do you work that out, when translating the patches is GOA's job? o_O

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Its their fault that they are in a country with RETARD ISP-s or whatever couses the lag... move the servers then. Maybe some lag-latency issues is not their fault but their job should be to move every rock they can to make it work..... or how come it doesnt happen in other games every 2nd month?

when i had routing problems, i just phoned - wacked my ISP till "somehow" it got fixed.

And no, it wasnt my _ISP_'s router, infact it was a router somewhere in holland or the UK cant recall.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
OT isn't part of goa, and thus, its stupid in the extreme to blame goa for the faults of another company. Thats like suing ford, or toyota because the roads are bad between your house and the showroom.

Replied in earlier post, thats like i setup a router - adsl connection and it doesnt work i dont leave my shit there with the customer being unable to use his connection. I call the isp up, i call the router techs up till i find out what couses the problem and how to fix it. Not my fault, but my objective is that to leave a statisfied customer behind when i leave. Really cant understand why cant that work when they got 10+k customers

TILDA said:
GM's are avaliable often when in game, and E&E can often get a GM to help if its a really ugent issue.

It happened 2 - 3 times that servers went down on friday saturday, no news, no GM and servers up 2-3 days later. No idea about the financial part, but you cant really agree with the current policy unless you are biased or totally clueless in customer support (from another mmorpg-s, IRL EXPERIANCE or so)

TILDA said:
Well, if you had been on mythic servers you'd have had all your items wiped. Id say the fact that the goa gm's have been willing to put in all the overtime to restore items is pretty impressive service tbh. There are a lot of tickets to get through, and with a gm team kept small by having to pay mythic subsidies, among other things, its obviously going to take a while. Its not like they've said, ahh we cba to do it anymore.

Shit shouldnt have happened in the first place. I was statisfied with the restore process but many ppl just got totally fucked over (12 days were abit of joke at some point tbh xD). Some ppl still dont have items, impressive for the first 3 weeks than something went wrong. I'm not blaming the GM-s, they did what they could i think, but not sure if they had the manpower or whatever they needed.

Tilda said:

same for abit biased replies.

Gamah

Banned
Tilda said:

No way is the XML being worked on, it doesn't take 6 months to code some shitty XML. "Clue about the facts"? How do you know its being worked on even requiel says "its on the list" which means pretty much nothing is being done about it.

I am ingame more than most I have seen a GM on once in a month (Excluding today) when I do my random /who 100. Now I am normaly a GOA defender but tbh its getting ridiculous.. I feel sorry for Requiel, Xalin and Erivoss having to take the heat for a lack luster company when all my experiances with those GM's have been possitive..Still waiting on that million free rpts Xalin :eek:!

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Tilda said:
<shrugs> it's being worked on

ooooh it's being worked on. I should have known really, with all the updates on their progress they're giving us.
<phew> well I just thought they were thinking 'to hell with xml, like we give a fuck'. :rolleyes:

/signed the Herald thing btw

Kadayn

Banned
Hey Mythic,
We people playing on European servers are sick and tired of GoA, as I am typing this the game is having constant 5 second lag spikes every 1-2 minutes or so. We have been getting this for like a week now and few weeks ago we had it, 70% of the game's life in Europe has been lag, problems and bad support.

The XML has been down for 4-5 months, About 2 months ago Prydwen died for two weeks as you know we had a huge item loss, GoA apparently are still restoring but from where I am sitting it doesn’t look like it. We lost all RoGs and they have flooded the economy with thousands of plats so people they didn't lose anything can't buy shit all.

Why are they continuing to host this game? It’s not fair on us, it might as well be French DAoC then Euro DAoC, the English just get laughed at, GoA don't advertise in the UK so you can imagine how poor the population is. I get a lot better Latency connecting to US DAoC then I do Europe DAoC and I am in the UK and no it’s not my ISP.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom