Xenonauts aka Xcom classic remake

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
anyone got this?

looks interesting but not sure if its much cop, someone must of got it, lots of Xcom fanboys on here

so spill the beans

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hi i'm tohtori and i'm a xcom fanboy :p

Not bought it yet, don't have the cash for it atm(heh), but it's been getting good reviews. I doubt it's a waste of money.

TB might jump on it as he did a video on it 2 years ago.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
anyone got this?

looks interesting but not sure if its much cop, someone must of got it, lots of Xcom fanboys on here

so spill the beans

I have it.

It's what XCOM Apocalypse should have been.

it's absolutely bloody fantastic.
Geoscape like xcom... build multiple bases, give them barracks, radar, interceptors etc... research, manufacture just like xcom...

superior interceptor combat... launch up to three interceptors, resolve conflict with an auto mode or fly the battle yourself, controlling flight paths, weapons release etc.
shot down a ufo, can't be bothered to raid it? airstrike the site for some money (a smaller amount than if you had raided it, about 25%, but still something)

new gear - riot shields!

different dropships including one that carries up to I think 18 soldiers...

visually it's a little bland, but that's for 2014... if you think of it in terms of 1994's xcom, it's way sharper... it's sort of like xcom remade in the sims 1 engine... don't get me wrong, it's functional, it's nothing to complain about, I actually like it... and play is a lot smoother than the new xcom enemy unknown / enemy within as you're not constantly getting cutscenes etc.

basically I wouldn't hesitate to recommend ANY xcom fan buy it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
@wolfeeh Hows site combat? I generally liked the new xcom, but the site combat was 100% it's weakest aspect, fixed packs sucked so much dick compared to the roaming in the original that made it so replayable/unpredictable.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
@wolfeeh Hows site combat? I generally liked the new xcom, but the site combat was 100% it's weakest aspect, fixed packs sucked so much dick compared to the roaming in the original that made it so replayable/unpredictable.
I like it :)

ETA:

very reminiscent of TFTD.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm getting it as soon as the price drops, same as with wasteland. Just gonna wait for those winter/xmas sales coming on steam soon.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Think you'd enjoy Wasteland tbh, satisfying combat and exploring so far, haven't reached any larger town yet but hopefully there's one. Not as engaging as Fallout I'd say but definitely worth trying.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Played it a while back thought it was pretty good. Have they added decent research now? Was a very basic and disappointing part of the game when I tried it.

Mabs

I'm getting it as soon as the price drops, same as with wasteland. Just gonna wait for those winter/xmas sales coming on steam soon.

wasteland2 requires immediate purchase, it really is that good :)

and im not saying that just cos im in the credits :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i know i'd enjoy wasteland(and xeno) a lot, but putting out 60€ to get both isn't really in my books atm :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Wasteland was going to me my next try, just need to finish Shadow of Mordor first. Gotta love slicing up Orcs.

Mabs

use resellers, get them cheap, easy :p

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
liking xenonauts more and more every day.

I can't say what the research used to be like, but as it stands now, it's more in-depth than enemy unknown/enemy within.

tbh I would 100% agree that wasteland 2 is an immediate purchase - I love that game to bits, but they are different games. If you define XCOM as a genre, then xenonauts potentially occupies the #1 spot in that genre at the present time. Therefore Xenonauts is ALSO an immediate purchase!:p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Got it today, yeah, old school with old school difficulties. Go for the community build in game->options->beta builds. Adds/fixes stuff.

Only got used to the gameplay and did a few missions to familiarise and it's really good.

New XCOM is good too, but this is a real sequel to the old stuff(spiritual but hey).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom