Xbox, thought all its games were on DVD?

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Hi, my friend just got Forza and after playing it a few mins the disc kept skipping etc so it became unplayable, as it is brand new theres no scratches etc.

He emailed to send it back (PC World online price had it for £25 but no longer that cheap) and they said its his xbox at fault as Forza Motorsport is on a DVD and his other games will be on CD.

Is this true? If some games are on DVD, know of a list so my friend might be able to try a different game? He isnt local so I cant go get the disc unless he posts it for me to try. :p

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Certain games are printed on CD afaik, its the same with the ps2. Some games are VERY small in size and it would be a pointless exercise putting 200 meg games on DVD costwise.

I could be wrong tho, I just know the sizes of lots of games due editing some of the games files, like intros so they DO fit on cd.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yeah some games are on cd, but that is bullshit excuse. phone em up and tell em whats up.

all xboxes come with dvd drive, a retial copy should run fine. if not and you other games work then its a disc at fualt.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Lol. Pc World are great. I think I'll just make up stuff that's wrong with phantom items I never bought from them just to see what excuses they come up with.

Saying "it's cos it's a DVD" is like the time when I bought a game from Dixons (years and years ago) and I asked how much hard drive space it took up since my 40meg drive was precious. :) He took out the 5.25's and said well there's the floppies and then the 3.5's and said "and there's the hard discs"....
Say no more.

It shows the person who wrote the email doesn't ahve a fucking clue what they're talking about. It COULD be the xbox at fault due to dust on the lens etc but not just cos it's a DVD. lol.

If you want to prove what a tard the guy who emailed you is, just pull out some of your other xbox games and look for the "DVD ROM" symbol on the back and send him a list of all the games that do work and are in fact DVD's. See what he comes back with and post it here....should be interesting. :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Almost ALL Xbox games are indeed DVD - one or two are small enough to fit on a CD but Yaka and Kenny are right - it's just PC World employees being utterly full of shit as usual.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
if someone does not know the answer to somethihng they will bullshit you. ask them to explain on their answer and you can simply say

"sorry but im not happy with this i would like to speak to a manager"

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
bullshitting about games/dvds/cds/tvs/vcrs an shit was the best bit of my job when i worked at woolworths. u wouldnt believe the shit i came out with.
yeah this is dvd which means it should work twice as fast as a cd.... i did it to fk with the customers. i mean wtf shops for computer stop at woolies! goto a proper shop or find a friend who knows something about it!
and yeah PCWorld suck ass. my dad runs his own small pc repair business and he and all his customers hate pcworld lol. only reason he goes there now is to toy with the employee's. its really fun to watch :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Talking as someone who works at woolies and doesnt bullshit customers, lots of people shop for computer stuff at woolies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom