XBOX Series Xbox Series X

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Looks interesting, the backwards compatibility is what caught my eye, Sony NEED to do the same now or they just straight-up lose out this time around. Backwards compatibility is a huge selling point for people.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Looks interesting, the backwards compatibility is what caught my eye, Sony NEED to do the same now or they just straight-up lose out this time around. Backwards compatibility is a huge selling point for people.
Well shouldnt be an issue if they dont want it to be. All glorified pc’s. Not like the cell cpu’s in the p3 to the amd in the p4.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Shots fired if the price is similar here.

Edit, oh well, never mind, it's a budget version of the console.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yes not as powerful, I reckon you'll get little change from £600 for the full blooded one.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They have to be kidding... right? so what they're saying is just stick to an Xbox One X? (and lol at the 1440p claim of 60fps with those specs, not a fucking chance)

1599561287109.png

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I mean, so long as it plays the new games, who cares, right?

Are graphics settings a thing in consoles?

Actually some more recent consoles games have had various graphic settings available to fiddle with.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Actually some more recent consoles games have had various graphic settings available to fiddle with.

That's interesting.

In my eyes that's what separates a console and a PC.

I suppose so long as you can play any new gen xbox game on that xbox, what's the issue? From a console plebs pov obviously, who don't particularly care about specs.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
That's interesting.

In my eyes that's what separates a console and a PC.

I suppose so long as you can play any new gen xbox game on that xbox, what's the issue? From a console plebs pov obviously, who don't particularly care about specs.

Given the performance of these newer consoles, I would imagine graphical options would be more available... its mods I want, some PS4 games supported mods but not many.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Based on the $499 tag on the Series X, I'm going to take a guess and say the PS5 will be similar, analysts reckon it'll be slightly higher though.

Gwadien

They're missing a beat here. Have it so the grill is a LED screen which shows metrics/animations/download times/battery times etc. It's a cool looking vent, but they should do more with it.

Sounds like more cost.

Gwadien

Get more money then? ;)

I mean the idea is that they're budget, I bet they're barely making a profit on them.

I for one would be put off by that if I were to buy one, it's pointless stuff that I have to pay for.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They're missing a beat here. Have it so the grill is a LED screen which shows metrics/animations/download times/battery times etc. It's a cool looking vent, but they should do more with it.

Well the small white one is markted as a budget console, so doubt they'd do more work to it tbh.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No disc drive... no thanks

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Why? Do people still buy physical copies of games, or do you mean playing your old games?
My nephews buy disks....

i guess it saves m$ from telling everyone they cant share / trade disks this time.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Why? Do people still buy physical copies of games, or do you mean playing your old games?
Because you can pick them up cheaper than the digital store prices and depending on the title no install is required.

Microsoft and Sony are just trying to manoeuvrer into an Apple-like position in the console space, which is great until games become lolspensive once they pull it off. We're never going to get multiple stores on console.

It'll be less important to me when consoles work in a Netflix style, i.e. push button and game is instantly on the screen as it's running in the cloud and everything is a single monthly sub.
My nephews buy disks....

i guess it saves m$ from telling everyone they cant share / trade disks this time.
My favourite thing about the PS4 launch is still this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Hmm seems the PS5 announcement was bollocks... can't imagine they'll keep it under wraps much longer though, things meant to launch in November.

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber

I usually like to buy physical when possible so that i can sell them after. Switch games seem to hold their price nicely.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Took the plunge and got the Series X preordered

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Took the plunge and got the Series X preordered
Good choice if you like Doom, etc.

That's a pretty big gut punch to Sony imho

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Where from?
Amazon. Game was dead for most of yesterday and then the cunts added a 9.99 delivery fee without warning, lots of pissed off customers. Basically most sites were fucked for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom