xbox recommendations

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing as how there's no console sections here I thought I'd spam this bit :)

Anyone recommend some good xbox games? I'm after two kinds of game:

1) split-screen coop play on 1 xbox for 2 players (got ghost recon & mechassault, love them, we need more like that).

2) non-violent game for an 8 yr old. No guns & stuff if poss, nothing too girly. Tough I know :/

Any suggestions gratefully received :)

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
1) I'd have to say Halo as it's quite a fun game (for a console ;)).

2) If you not looking for a gun game, then racing is probably your best bet. Look into Project Gotham Racing 2.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
for the 8 year old "Grabbed by the Goolies" or "Voodoo Vince". Both great, silly fun and nothing that I'd consider violent. Both about as violent as The Ghostbuster's Cartoon and that never did me any harm :D

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh... done Halo to death, got bored of it fast tbh :(

PGR2 ok for an 8yr old then aye? Got a nice easy difficulty setting? He's a bit... er... impatient shall we say :)

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Dunno about the difficulty, I don't have an Xbox just played it on a friends.

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
Shame it ain't a gamecube, mariokart doubledash is a crackin game for split screen, for kids and adults, even managed to get my dad playing and he hates games.

Padwah

Fledgling Freddie
not my favourite game but Brute Force went down quite well in co-op mode round my mates at Christmas and I loved Kung Fu Chaos which you can play with up to four players (OMg L337) and generally bloddy funny, at least I thought so :)

Bob007

Prince Among Men
For the 8 year old i highly recomend Simpsons Hit and Run. My little girl (she 7) Loves it, You can drive round in any car, Surf the cars (she found that out, Quiet funny watching homer surf :) ) Run around and its bright and very colourfull. And to boot its an ok driving game for you to ;)

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Rainbow 6 is meant to be good and has co-op as well as FFA, TDM etc (should have my copy tomorrow).
Buffy has co-op too.

Oh, Project Gotham 2 is a must have game I think, has split screen option.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Been playing Crimson Skies over Christmas and it kicks ass, can't wait to get Xbox Live up and running, to play online. Its just so addictive.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I didnt think much to Crimson Skies online, its just full of americans who swear too much. I love it single player though :D

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, I see there *is* a consoles bit after all :) Was it here all the time and I just missed it or was it just created?

Thanks for the suggestions peeps (apart from the twats who can't help themselves from just being, well, twats :p ). Simpsons Hit & Run is sounding good, might rent that next time the kid in question is round and see how he likes it :)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
I'd recommend checking out prince of persia: sands of time - very slick and polished game.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Simpsons Hit and Run should be good for kids, I just took it back to the shops maybe as I feel too old for it (20 :p ).

Its just a cartoon version of GTA but all the missions are those evil timed missions so dont get it if you dont like timed missions. You can ignore the missions and just drive about town which is fun but then you cant progress to the other levels.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Links 2004 and Top Spin are both good buys too, great fun. PGR2 as already mentioned is very good and adds loads more if you have Live.

T

Tart

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has been on my machine constantly over Xmas, damn bloody addictive and very bloody good indeed. Crimson Skies is good too, tho a bit _too_ consoley.. really enjoyed playing against my nephew at that :)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Toe Jam and Earl 3:

Splitscreen co-op. Very funny and good game.

'Check out my 3rd leg' ToeJam keeps saying to the kiddies.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I was playing Freedom Fighters multiplayer and it was a good blast even though my gf kept shooting at a closed door for 10 mins.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Doomy said:
'Check out my 3rd leg' ToeJam keeps saying to the kiddies.
Does this worry anyone else?

Hasn't Jacko just been charged with saying the same thing?

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Indeed he has. I think ToeJam gets away with it as he has a foot at the end of his and Jackos has a head.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Indeed he has. I think ToeJam gets away with it as he has a foot at the end of his and Jackos has a head.
yeah, that plastic surgery is getting more and more obvious every day

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Padwah has the coolest avatar on the planet tbh.

On topic, burnout 2 is pure fun, split screen and single player. Also totally easy to get in to. The hulk is joly good fun too, no two player but a good tantrum simulator.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I got ESPN NFL today, great great game if you're into gridiron, couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom