Xbox post

O

old.Ageing-gamer

oops spelling is a bit wonkey on the last post.:clap:

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Ageing-gamer
oops spelling is a bit wonkey on the last post.:clap:

We don't mind....you're an xbox user so it's acepptable.

S

Skyler

Originally posted by Sar
Lol

I've said it before, I'll say it again: X-Box is shit.

Yes I've "used" it, don't own a PS2, and yes, the XB controller is completely shit.

I think someone should introduce the notion of ergonomics to M$'s designers, but then again why design your hardware any differently from your software - shit design and unnecessarily large.

MS make some of the most ergonomic products for the PC. Their sidewinder pads/joysticks and mice/keyboards are fantastic, its a shame they didnt remake a sidewinder pad into the xbox pad, they fit my hands like gloves...

S

Sawtooth

So getting back to the original question. I bought an X-box when it came out and yes, I have got my £114 pounds worth of stuff so I dont feel ripped off. I also bought a second xbox for my son and have them linked for very long team games of Halo.

So lets see, why do I think it is the best console at the moment?

1) The games.

Okay Halo was the reason I bought the Xbox pure and simple.
But there are at least 8ish reasonable games as well.
I really like PGR but it is just an updated version of MSR.
Amped, Tony HAWKS, DOA3, Genma Onimusha, Championship Ralley and Munchs Oddysee...The biggy for me are the games around the corner. Unreal Championship etc

Hardware

2) DVD playback....as good as my normal player. Dont think the PS2 managed that properly.

3) CD/mp3....not much use for this except it is fun to play TH3 with the matrix soundtrack playing in the background.

4) Virtually unlimited saves...none of that memory stick rubbish

5) Controller...well its big but I have big hands so find it comfortable. My 12 year old son though likes it too so go figure.

I do like the force feedback compared to the PS2.

6) Online play.....yes it works really well and I have played Halo (again lol) with 8 other people.

Concerns

Well Im a die hard Keyboard /mouse man from all the FPS I play so I hope they bring out something akin to the Nostromo gamepad/mouse package.

The death of PC games.

I've noticed with the Xbox and Cube now selling well that the PC titles are now moved to less prominent positions in the shops. At Game you have to go upstairs in Swindon to find them.

Fewer PC titles are coming out these days (again the mighty M flexing its muscles?)

Okay the competition.

Well for me Ive never liked the graphics of the Sony brand. There has always been something on the market that played and looked better.

The cube on the other hand is mighty attractive. Nice and cheap and some excellent games..

X

Xtro

Nice post sawtooth.

I'm lucky - I have an X-Box, GC, DC and of course a PC. I'm impressed with the X-Box, not got any complaints since I bought it. I also like my GC but am not overly impressed by the first wave of games, too much "been there done that" apart from SMB.

I cant be doing with the "waaah (insert name of console here) is shit, (insert name of console here) is great!" crap. Gawd things aint changed since Speccy vs C64 days - its sad :(.

S

Sawtooth

Originally posted by Xtro

I cant be doing with the "waaah (insert name of console here) is shit, (insert name of console here) is great!" crap. Gawd things aint changed since Speccy vs C64 days - its sad :(.

Thats why i thought I'd try to be a little constructive. I think console loyalty is a bit outdated. I like to play games and the Xbox/PC does it for me at the moment.

Tis funny how Microsoft say the Xbox isnt a PC then quote specs as you would for a pc.

I imagine arguments over games will be resolved when the "real" games hit the shelves.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by Embattle

We don't mind....you're an xbox user so it's acepptable.

Dear god, if you are going to insult spelling at least manage to spell acceptable correctly

S

shabazz

Originally posted by Sar
and yes, the XB controller is completely shit.

I think its the perfect size. You lot got hands the size of M&M's or something?

M

Moving Target

Well, really should be good for ALL ages, not just people with big fucking hands.

S

shabazz

you dont need big hands. ure just a bunch a freaky dwarves :/

O

old.UKTwister

i agree. ps2 controller annoyed me so much. especially in Tony hawks 3 i kept pressing 2 buttons at once cos its so small

O

old.ollyitus

gamecube small and good looking / xBox large and ugly
gamecube controller ergonomic / xBox controller complete crap
gamecube = made by a game company / xBox = made by a money obsessed corporation who clearly make profits because they hire chimps to design things for them

O

old.UKTwister

ugly.. maybe .. but its still good. if u dont like its uglyness then the gamestar one is silver with black grips on the handle bits.

ps. u say microsoft are a money obsessed company:

firstly microsoft gave u 2 games and a controller free which no other games company would do and

secondly nintendo released countless pokemon games, merchandise cards etc.. they are the biggest rip off that ever existed.

O

old.goweb

Every company is obsessed with money, GameCube is a small child's toy and you are a wanker.

B

bodhi

Originally posted by UKTwister
firstly microsoft gave u 2 games and a controller free which no other games company would do and

No other games company had to knock £100 off the price of their console 4 weeks after it launched because no one was buying the mange infested bag of shite.

GameCube is a small child's toy and you are a wanker.

That's nice. Xbox is for fags and you have AIDS.

O

old.UKTwister

so knocking £100 of your console is a bad thing?

O

old.PCG79

Within 1st month of release, yes (for them anyway).

S

Sar

Originally posted by shabazz

I think its the perfect size. You lot got hands the size of M&M's or something?

Did I mention anything about the XBox controllers size?

I said it was shit.

:)

O

Ono

Halo seems to be the only reason to buy an XBox at the moment, but, alas, with its release on the PC later this year likely I am just not even tempted to buy one.

In fact I think that Halo will not be that impressive once ported to the PC which has been there, done that in FPS terms. :rolleyes:

E

Embattle

Originally posted by PCG79
Within 1st month of release, yes (for them anyway).

ESP when its the most expensive of the three to make ;)

K

Kippa.

xboxbig.jpg
:p

S

shabazz

Originally posted by Ono
Halo seems to be the only reason to buy an XBox at the moment, but, alas, with its release on the PC later this year likely I am just not even tempted to buy one.

In fact I think that Halo will not be that impressive once ported to the PC which has been there, done that in FPS terms. :rolleyes:

Same could be said about rouge leader (but I cba with this childish argument :) ). Anyway, halo wont (I think anyway) be that great on the pc as by the time it will come out it would have been surpassed. It probably already has with games like sof2 and the upcoming unreal 2.

Although many people found goldeneye on the n64 to be a great game, on a pc it would come off as a bit poo. People just assume that fps games should always be on the pc.

Halo could succeed if the difficulity was increased ten-fold (it'd be piss with a mouse) and the multiplayer was expanded on. In fact the amount of levels and modes on the xbox version seems a bit of a waste, as I can't see most owners ever getting to use them. Multiplayer would definatly benefit from a pc audience (dunno why they didn't include online multi in halo for the future online service).

As with both the consoles it really is what you feel you'd more enjoy at the current time, and within the next 6 months (I'll say you're mad to buy a console for 1 game).

Anyway, it's good to get away from the constant "you need a gf7 ultra to play doom 4" which is getting worse on the pc :/

X

Xtro

Shabazz you can play Halo online now (I'm presuming you didnt know sorry if I'm wrong).

http://www.xboxconnector.com/

Soon as I finished it on Legendary I went online. 16 man king of the hill in warthogs is FUN.

:clap:

EDIT: reread your post - my bad, I presume you know but the link is handy for those who don't :)

S

shabazz

yeh, i need to find a sodding nework cable long enough to reach it now :)

---

Thanks for that link :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom