XBox or PS2?

S

S-Gray

Just wondering if there is any GTA games for the Xbox? Ive never played 3 or Vice City so id like to give them a whirl... Ideas?

M

~Mobius~

They are releasing a sort of update of Vice City, its meant to be the same with sharper graphics and more stuff basically. (Saw it in official X-box mag a few months ago)

K

KevinUK

GTA3 and 4 are coming out in a double pack for xmas time.

Theres a game, True Crime: Streets of LA which has been compared to GTA but theres better fighting in it, dont know if its good or not though.

Theres also Simpsons: Hit and run which is kinda like GTA too, yet to play it. :)

C

charl8tan

Originally posted by KevinUK
GTA3 and 4 are coming out in a double pack for xmas time.

You mean GTA3 and Vice City in a double pack. Vice City isn't GTA4.

Anyway, get them as well SG, both games for price of one, and they look sweet :).

S

S-Gray

right! i still dont have my xbox yet! :)() but! ahha! ive been promised it 100% by tuesday latest.

whooo :DDD

G

gremlin

Some more games for your list...

Soul Calibur 2.. as fantastic as the original and the Xbox has Spawn as a special character.

Links 2004.. shines on multiplayer using xbox live.

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by KevinUK
Theres a game, True Crime: Streets of LA which has been compared to GTA but theres better fighting in it, dont know if its good or not though.
Just picked this up the other day, it's "ok" but I'm not entierly gripped by it like I was the GTA series.

S

S-Gray

ok ive just heard a rumour that if your Xbox is chipped, you maybe unable to play Xbox Live! because microsoft could be keeping tabs on chipped Xbox'.

Apparently they could "kill" your xbox? Rumour = Fact or Lie?

C

CptDoom

Depends what chip you get. If its a chip with a switch (ala executor 2x) you can revert back to the original Xbox's BIOS which is what live checks for when you connect. As the chip will come flashed with a 'hacked' bios (the part of the xbox that telss it what discs and media it will allow to play) The xecutor chips have 2 banks for bios, one for original bios and one for hacked.

So you will only get detected if you run the hacked one altho it is also fairly easy for M$ to detect a larger than normal Hard Drive too but i am not sure of that fact.

I actually got two xboxs for this very reason. One of these days i know im just going to turn on the xbox with the wrong bios enabled.

S

S-Gray

Yeah i was recommended to buy another Xbox just for this reason, but wasnt sure whether it was just to make me spend more money :p.

Have to consider it then i guess if im to play online.. :/ :(

C

charl8tan

Another point with chipped/modded Xbox's. MS have started putting copy protection on their games now, this isn't really a problem to you guys I know as you wouldn't dream of copying games but merely backing-up your originals, however it does put a can on that for now.

Also there are certain things to be aware of when playing your backed up games if the modded Xbox is connected to the internet. Apparently some people have found that Live will auto "update" certain files, which just so happens to delete files for the EvoX dash etc from the HDD, not only that they have found themselves banned from Live afterwards. Annoying.

Personally 2 Xboxs, one modded one not, is what I do. The best thing about having both is that you can seriously mod the hell out of that box, why have 1 HDD when you can have 3? ;) Have fun mate.

Users who are viewing this thread