XBox Live Gold - Microsoft

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Absolutely cocking useless.

My Gold membership expired at the start of November. So did my credit card.

Not that it mattered, I've not used the Xbox in nigh on 6 months, and didn't really care about the account being renewed.

After 4 mails in 2 days from MS telling my CC has expired, I figured I should go cancel the account. Cannot be done on the web. Have to ring a freephone number.

So, after a long conversation, it turns out that I am outside the 'refund' period and they cannot cancel the account. Apparantly it will go into 'suspension'.

1) There is no refund. They haven't taken any money, I don't want a refund, I just want the account reverting back to silver.

2) They cannot tell their definition of 'suspension'. Does this mean I can no longer play the games I've downloaded and paid for? Does this mean I need to make a new gamertag? No-one knows.

3) If I ever update my CC details to buy a game from marketplace, it will also automatically charge me £40 for a Gold membership I no longer want, use, or require. (According to them.)

Absolutely fucking stupid and useless. Anyone had anything similar and managed to get a resolution? Anyone know if this will also affect the Games for Windows Live (as in, if I update the CC details on GFW, will that also update the XBox account, and it'll charge me the £40?)

In the meantime, I'm gonna sit here and fume at MS for being incompetent twats.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
MS are ***** and Sonys online system is a joke - oh the choices!

I wish that a decent company would make a new console everybody would buy, so that all fighters can unite ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ahahahah, I'll be in the same position then Talyn. I've no intention of renewing, and haven't got round to calling. My renewal was meant to be in October.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
They managed to charge my account for gold even tho the card had expired for like 6 months ..

So i told them to give me a refund and how the hell did they manage to get money out of an expired card.

If your card was expired when they charged it tell them that and you should get your money back .. stupid ppl getting money from dead cards

Always do points via buying them at the shops now not giving m$ my cc details any more

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
If your card was expired when they charged it tell them that and you should get your money back .. stupid ppl getting money from dead cards

They haven't charged it. No money has left the account. I'm just getting bombarded with emails telling me the card has expired. I want the emails to stop.

That's all it is. I just want them to lower the account down to Silver (ie: Free) But they 'can't'. Apparantly their system won't let it because it's outside of the 'refund' period. (30 days from renewal.) Bear in mind, it's not actually renewed because they can't get any money off of an expired card. (And if they DO take money from an expired card, it'll be the banks fault and there will be trouble!!)

So my only option is to wait until they suspend the account. MS have proved that they are quite retarded.

My concern is, if I put on NEW card details to get something from marketplace or from GFW, that they then WILL take money from a valid card (which the system will do according to both the CS agent and his supervisor). Again, fucking retarded system.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
if you not paid for it then they silly giving it to you ...

cant say i read anywhere you have to ring up and get them to silver it for yiou .. tho when i looked there was no way to cancell it online

Dony put new card details in .. use shop bought points ... but yes they might still take them if you do that ...

ask them where it stipulates that you have to cancel by phone and not just stop paying

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Ring 020 7365 9792 if you haven't done already.
A friendly Swede will surely help you.I had my subs tied to a credit card.Rang that number and got it sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom