Xbox component cable

Jorge Regula

Fledgling Freddie
Picked up a fancy looking Panasonic HDTV tonight and I'm hoping it will give the old Xbox a shiny new lease of life.

Anyone know where I can pick up a set of component cables to hook it up to the TV?

Amazon, eBay and play.com aren't giving any results. I doubt they distributed the cables since I remember PAL Xboxes not being HD-enabled.

So, any ideas where I can find one?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Jorge Regula said:
Picked up a fancy looking Panasonic HDTV tonight and I'm hoping it will give the old Xbox a shiny new lease of life.

Anyone know where I can pick up a set of component cables to hook it up to the TV?

Amazon, eBay and play.com aren't giving any results. I doubt they distributed the cables since I remember PAL Xboxes not being HD-enabled.

So, any ideas where I can find one?

You need the official HD AV pack, bit of a pain to track down these days though as they were never very popluar in Europe, most people used Scart. I got mine from Lik-Sang but they are out of stock at the moment.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=83&products_id=1742

Avoid UK sites if you can, the cheeky twats all seem to be asking £30 for it when the RRP was only £24.99. They know that the box and cable are hard to come by so they are marking the prices up. I paid around £20 for mine, don't even use the bloody thing anymore :)

Jorge Regula

Fledgling Freddie
Ta, at least I know what I'm looking for now.

Give me a PM if you fancy selling yours on ;)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
they were never released in europe, and you will need to set your xbox region to usa. even on ebay.com gamestop and eb youll be hard pressed to come up with a 2nd hand offical component cable. whitedog do some 3rd party ones which do the job

be warned tho most xbox games are 480p, a few are 720p SB: line of contact looks stunning at 720p

Jorge Regula

Fledgling Freddie
Just found this cable on play.com. Seems deceptively cheap, the only alternative I can find is a $50+ Monster cable. Think it'll do the job?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Jorge Regula said:
Just found this cable on play.com. Seems deceptively cheap, the only alternative I can find is a $50+ Monster cable. Think it'll do the job?

No it isn't the right one sadly, the proper one comes with a breakout box that the cables plug into. Anyway, drop me a pm and we can try sort out a fair price for mine, it has only been used half a dozen times and I probably still have the original box lurking around somewhere as well.

One thing though, you need to set your Xbox to USA region to enable progressive scan and I am not sure if that is possible to do unless your Xbox has been modified. Anyone confirm this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom