Xbox 360

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Images of the new Xbox 360 console due for release in America on the 12th May have surfaced on the net. Although not confirmed by Microsoft, these images are hotly rumoured to be the final design of the Xbox 360.

Now one question, what do all the buttons do? There are no controller ports so wireless pads could be on the cards and it appears the look is designed to blend in with your DVD/Video/Sky boxes.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Wireless joypads were confirmed a few weeks ago on a gamespy article I thought.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wireless things are fine, but I don't want to be spending money and time changing batteries or charging the things. They should always include a corded option.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Unless they have a recharging dock thing - that'd be cool.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Why is it called a 360, I don't get it. If you go 360 degrees you end up where you started!

I'm so smart. :D

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Looks stupid, no controller ports?, 2 memory card slots?, fucking ugly colour?

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys

Just to add my two pennies worth, but personally I feel that the shot has had a fair bit of image manipulation going on. It could well be the Xbox 360 does end up looking like that, or similar, but I'd be surprised if that was an actual photo of the final design mockup.

There have already been seemingly-genuine shots before which were fakes, notably the PS3, but I'll guess we'll have to wait until the preview on MTV to know for sure.

Kind Regards

leggy

Probably Scottish
MYstIC G said:
Looks stupid, no controller ports?, 2 memory card slots?, fucking ugly colour?

Yes and we all know how beatuiful the original is.

Never in my life have I owned an uglier console than the xbox.

Personally if that is what it looks like it's a 100% improvement on an otherwise pig ugly system.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If its real (and I'd be very surprised if it was - mind you I saw the original Xbox before it was publicly unvieled so I could believe MS have been slack again), it would go very nicely with my Sky+ box...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Looks like a PSX you can stow either horizontally or vertically. No one's done that before - nice original design there MS. Must have taken as long to design as the "new" 911.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah rehashing old designs is really a terribly bad thing. I mean I'm so glad the PS2 pad was totally different from the PSX pad.

And how about them DVD's round CD like discs - honestly, they should have made it square or triangular - yay originality!

You really need to fix that anti xbox gene - find some real reasons to criticise it :S

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Its due to the Sony fanboy gene Nath, anything (electronically related) not-sony is crap. Right Bods? ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If Sony make as much of a pig's ear of the PS3 launch in Europe as they've done with PSP (Sept 1. fact fans), it won't matter if the PS3 is some kind of orgasmatron, we won't get it until 2007 and there'll be an installed base of millions of Xbox 360s.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
nath said:
Yeah rehashing old designs is really a terribly bad thing. I mean I'm so glad the PS2 pad was totally different from the PSX pad.

And how about them DVD's round CD like discs - honestly, they should have made it square or triangular - yay originality!

You really need to fix that anti xbox gene - find some real reasons to criticise it :S

Slight difference between rehashing your own ideas and rehashing your direct competitor's.

Anyway real reasons to criticise Xbox? I take it a games line-up full of PC game rehashes and a shit controller aren't enough then?

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Looks like the images are for real. Microsoft are pissed :)

Attached is a pic of the 40GB hard drive.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I think we should leave the console wars for the console forum, don't u think.

Anyway, looks nice hopefully I can scrape enough cash to get one, want it many for Elder Scrolls 5 Oblivon which is looking fan bloody tastic, head over to gamespot for some stonking pics.

Hope the controllers do have some kind of docking port, my wireless Xbox pad is great, but it is a pain having to re-charge the damm batteries, jus when I want to play a session.

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
Elder Scrolls 5? did i miss number 4 or something? or was that Bloodmoon? eitherway, im also looking forward 2 it. I just hope they don't make it 2 casual friendly (you know what i mean, short story, easy quests etc) which is the trend with games these days which are certain to get a console port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom