Xbox 360 pricing

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I'll buy it then the expensive pack is ~£200.

In the standard pack:
'will ship with a wired controller, a faceplate, standard AV cable and an Xbox Live Silver membership. Silver membership lets users create a user id, download content, browse the Xbox 360 marketplace and enables chat functions. Silver membership needs a live upgrade to Gold status to play online.'

In the expensive pack:
'Included in the box will be a wireless controller, a 20GB removable hard disc, a faceplate, Live headset, component HD AV cables, an Ethernet cable, Xbox Live Silver membership and an Xbox 360 media remote.'

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Im guna get the more expensive pack, cause I want the 20Gb HD and Wireless Controller and remote.

Below is the breakdown of prices and extras

Xbox 360 Core System - $299 (299 Euros, 209 GBP)
•Xbox 360 console
•Wired controller
•Detachable faceplate
•Xbox Live Silver membership
•Standard AV cables

Xbox 360 - $399 (399 Euros, 279 GBP)
•Xbox 360 console
•20GB detachable hard drive
•Wireless controller
•Wireless Xbox Live headset
•High-definition AV cables
•Ethernet cable
•Xbox 360 Media Remote Control (limited time)
•Detachable faceplate
•Xbox Live Silver membership

• Faceplate ($19.99, 19.99 Euros, 14.99 GBP)
• Hard Drive (20 GB) ($99.99, 99.99 Euros, 69.99 GBP)
• Memory Unit (64 MB) ($39.99, 34.99 Euros, 22.99 GBP)
• Wireless Networking Adapter ($99.99, 79.99 Euros, 59.99 GBP)
• Wireless Controller ($49.99, 44.99 Euros, 32.99 GBP)
• Play and Charge Kit ($19.99, 19.99 Euros, 14.99 GBP)
• Rechargeable Battery Pack ($11.99, 14.99 Euros, 9.99 GBP)
• Controller ($39.99, 34.99 Euros, 24.99 GBP)
• Headset ($19.99, 19.99 Euros, 14.99 GBP)
• Universal Media Remote ($29.99, 29.99 Euros, 19.99 GBP)
• Component HD AV Cable ($39.99, 29.99 Euros, 19.99 GBP)
• S-Video AV Cable (US) ($29.99)
• SCART AV Cable (Europe) (24.99 Euros, 17.99 GBP)
• VGA HD AV Cable ($39.99, 29.99 Euros, 19.99 GBP)

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
That "Core System" deal is simply a marketing ploy so MS can claim they launched "from £209". Only an idiot would buy one of those, as you'd still "need" a memory card and a scart cable, costing £41 for both. Why not spend £29 more and get the full version?
Thats what I'm gonna do. And then PGR 360.... gibber.....

Poag

m00?
hmm VGA HD Cables...DVI cables? tasty :)

yeah gonna get the Better pack for wireless and the hook up too my PC panel, oh and a wireless net adaptor...cursed wireless house networks.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm, this isnt mentioned in articles I've read.

'Microsoft said the unit was "Wi-Fi Ready" - as we've seen, the adaptor card will ship in the Premium Edition bundle'

I always thought it had a wifi option. Another reason to go for the expensive option.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Gale said:
hmm VGA HD Cables...DVI cables? tasty :)

agree :clap:

Still no mention of a mouse / keypad, I won't be playing online FPS's without one tbh, hh is tooooo slow :( You think MS would have looked at this?

I will be getting the Full Monty £279 no question.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
hehe classic penny comic, when is pgr3 due for it?

Aada

Part of the furniture
]AC[dRuM said:
agree :clap:

Still no mention of a mouse / keypad, I won't be playing online FPS's without one tbh, hh is tooooo slow :( You think MS would have looked at this?

I will be getting the Full Monty £279 no question.

exactly i hate xbox/consoles with no mouse keyboards for fps/rpg its just so fiddly and annoying.

Sticking with pc/psp

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Had to post this conversation from over at the official forums. The console fans truely resisted any attempt to discuss mouse / keypad. I think there is a bit more too it than just the quoted 'unfair advantage' ;)

Author Thread: mouse + keyboard
saswlv

Total Posts: 6

mouse + keyboard
Posted: 08-18-2005 03:17 AM
anyone know if there will be an xbox 360 mouse + keyboard released, or better yet if its possible to plug ur existing usb mouse + keyboard into the 360?

unless they do this the real pro fps pc gamers and community are never gonna switch to a console for their fps games.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#sasclan @ irc.quakenet.org - Saints and Sinners #1 UT1 TDM Clan in Europe.

shizel

Total Posts: 380

Re: mouse + keyboard
Posted: 08-18-2005 06:25 AM
lol, there not going to anyway.

spawn hack
www.homestarrunner.com
Total Posts: 659

Posted: 08-18-2005 06:29 AM
There is gonna be a keyboard apparently, look here http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=36833&subsectionid=1586

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gamertag: spawn rhino
Clan: ENGLISH 4 LIFE
Destroy Internet Explorer! Download Mozilla!
Playing Halo 2, Chaos Theory and Kingdom under Fire

Supertails

Total Posts: 38

Posted: 08-18-2005 06:43 AM
Thats a mini thing that clips onto the bottom of the controller not much use if someone wants to use it for gaming.

hussbob

Total Posts: 330

Posted: 08-18-2005 07:41 AM
Think the best we'll get is another version of the smart joy frag.

Tag: Hussbob
Fave Live expereince at the mo: Both Rainbow Six's
Looking forward to: Rainbow Six 4, Far Cry and Doom 3

GokuSS4

Total Posts: 8949

Posted: 08-18-2005 08:11 AM
well the 360 has USB ports and of course should support usb based keyboards and mice

'This one is 10X its normal strength...KAMAE HAMAE KAMAE HAMAE HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!'

'SHAKE BABY SHAKE BUT I AINT GONNA QUAKE!'

XBOXLIVE GAMERTAG: SuperSaiyan4

deplorable

Total Posts: 489

Posted: 08-18-2005 08:49 AM
microsoft has always stated they wanted a clear defination with console and PC, so i highly doubt again that there will be a keyboard or mouse for the 360... unless it's by a third party company (even then it'll be like the xbox keyboard and work with about 2 games)

gamertag: deplorable
currently playing Advance Wars 2 and flashback
played the new Zelda game demo at the edinburgh festival (EIEF) helping Link, through the forest, 2006 can't wait !
watching: Family Guy season 4

Supertails

Total Posts: 38

Posted: 08-18-2005 12:19 PM
Any 3rd (or 1st) pads/wheels/addons are going to have to have an identification number type thing in them so that the xbox360 recognises it and allows it to work. MS said this is to stop poor quality 3rd party products reaching the market. I expect this will also in reality be a way to stop us using PC usb pads/keyboards etc... :-(

twobadmice

Total Posts: 151

Posted: 08-18-2005 02:47 PM
is it not a bit pointless having a keyboard for a console?

My games
My sales

MorrisX

Total Posts: 2666

Posted: 08-18-2005 03:05 PM
if you want m+k play on the pc.

xbox live gamertag.·:*¨¨*:·.M0RRIS.·:*¨¨*:·.(the 0 in Morris is a zero)

*I'M OFF FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS STARTING 20/08 WILL BE BACK 05/09. FOR THE FESTIVAL AND MY BIRTHDAY, SEE YOU GUYS LATER.*

saswlv

Posted: 08-18-2005 03:16 PM
play any first person shooter (quake 4 will be a good example) or any real time stategy game such as warcraft3 and u will instantly see how superior a mouse/keyboard combo is for those types of games over a controller. You simply dont have the same level of control at ur disposal. Controller is great for platform, sports, fighting games etc tho.

Halo2 would have been even better if u could have used mouse+keyboard.

twobadmice

Total Posts: 151

Posted: 08-18-2005 03:22 PM
Fair do's but if that is the case then I'd buy those games for my PC

My games
My sales

shizel

Total Posts: 380

Posted: 08-18-2005 03:48 PM
The pro's are not going to switch anyway why would they theres more money in pc gaming.

Glaurung NHP
www.davidmbaker.f2s.com
Total Posts: 51

Posted: 08-18-2005 06:34 PM
You can use a keyboard and mouse on halo2 you just have to buy an adaptor. That is the way one of my friends plays it. I can understand why some people prefer it but a controller is a lot more portable and easier to remember. He was at Edinburgh for the Halo2 tourniment and realised he'd forgotten the adaptor. durr!! It is reported as been the shock defeat of the tourni when they went out somewhere online. (Would have to ask them). I think in someways it is preference, my other friend who was there uses a duke (the big old un!) controller. I could see k+m might attract some people over, especially as xbox360 can challange some heafty PCs.

Gamertag: Glaurung NHP
Games: PGR2, CS, RTCW, RS3, Unreal Championship, SF2:DH, SegaGT Online, Armed & Dangerous, XIII + More...

MorrisX

Posted: 08-18-2005 06:38 PM
yeah 5crew the unfair advantage!

*I'M OFF FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS STARTING 20/08 WILL BE BACK 05/09. FOR THE FESTIVAL AND MY BIRTHDAY, SEE YOU GUYS LATER.*

Glaurung NHP
www.davidmbaker.f2s.com
Total Posts: 51

Posted: 08-18-2005 06:45 PM
I know people who use standard controllers who own against people who use keyboard and mice. As it is not so customorisable the advantage is not that great. It is prefered control style in the end really. Neither has that large an advantage.

Gamertag: Glaurung NHP
Games: PGR2, CS, RTCW, RS3, Unreal Championship, SF2:DH, SegaGT Online, Armed & Dangerous, XIII + More...

MorrisX

Posted: 08-18-2005 07:23 PM
riiiiight.

saswlv

Posted: 08-19-2005 12:17 PM
there are plenty of halo 2 tournaments that give money. My point was that if xbox360 had proper mouse + keyboard support then theres every chance that the scene standard would improve and over time get on par with the pc players, then theres the possiblity that the pro players would switch as tournaments are set up. As it is, console players in fps + rts games lag waaaaay behind those on the pc

MorrisX

Posted: 08-19-2005 03:44 PM
stay on your pc then and leave the joypads to us console players, simple.

Lagster

Total Posts: 1400

Posted: 08-20-2005 04:24 AM
the problem with mk is that theres no analogue support for movement, the best solution as i've said before would be a pad with inplace of the right analogue stick which is used for look putting in a track ball.

That would be best joypad ever, you'd have the simple hand sized controller of a console with the acuracy of mouse.

Oh and anyone who thinks they can compete with mouse/keyboard using a joypad is deluding himself....totally lol. theres no way that one can compete with the other its just not as accurate hence console games always have these things where you have to aim somewhere in the general direction and it will auto aim and hit for you.

I wouldn't go out and buy m/k its just not suited to a console but hopefully someone will produce a joypad with a trackball, it would revolutionise FPS's on consoles and bring skill back rather than this autoaim stuff which with two shooting at each other the winner being who's autoaim goes for a more sensative spot. its nmot rubbish now by any means but could be so much better.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
mmm will watch this with much anticipation! What are the capabilities of a moded XBox vs a PC? In layman's terms, I have never tried it ;)

Is it easy to do? Do you risk screwing your box up for good?

Will we be able to use a mouse / keypad setup with a 360 then?

Can Rob do a guide for it? :touch: :D

Yaka

Part of the furniture
heh how about a much improved xbmc! altho the penguin shagging geeks will just wana install linux on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom