X360 Elite

Yaka

Part of the furniture
looks like MS will be releasing a hdmi equipped X360 all in black and dubbed ELITE much to the bane of existing x360 owners no doubt. its features are

* The Elite will be limited quantities only; that may be as much or as little as a couple hundred thousand.
* The case, controller, and Live headset will all be black. It will have all new packaging.
* Elite will cost $479, and will be a 3rd SKU; it will be sold alongside Premium and Core packs.
* Eventually Elite hardware (in white plastics) will take the role of the Xbox Premium. That is to say, after the Elite is launched and sold out, future Xbox Premiums will have 120GB / HDMI.

Endgadget
have more on the whole thing, and yank gaming rag Game Informer latest article is also confirming it

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
I'll probably get one, but the lack of in-built wifi makes no sense!

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
personally i'm glad the wi-fi isn't built-in. the official add-on isn't compatible with my wireless access point so i had to buy a wireless bridge by the same manufacturer instead.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This sort of thing just pisses me off.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
personally i'm glad the wi-fi isn't built-in. the official add-on isn't compatible with my wireless access point so i had to buy a wireless bridge by the same manufacturer instead.

Not compatible how?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
thin its not friendly with apples wifi shit and some netgear ones.

anyways seems alot of 360 arnt happy with this elite, and prices wise takes it too close to the ps3 minus a hdvd drive. ms ballsed up with the hdmi issue tho shoulda been on the 360 from the beginning.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
It has nothing i need so it doesnt matter to me, ill keep enjoying my premium 360 :)

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I have no need of an 120gb hard drive or a HDMI cable for that matter.

I dont see what the problem is.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Maybe they'll give everyone that owns a standard 360 a trade-in price or a free upgrade ;)

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
not too fussed about HDMI

My single HDMI socket on the TV is already taken by my Sony HDD/DVD recorder and the DVI socket is being used by my Sky HD box.

I suppose I could get a HDMI or DVI switch box so i could hook up more than one to it but they're a bit of a rip-off. My A/V receiver is only a couple of years old and I don't want to pay for new one that supports HDMI just yet.

Besides my 360 looks great through component @ 720p and i'm not touching HD-DVD (or Blu Ray) til it's easier to deduce what will win. (unfortunately I suspect it'll be Blu Ray) :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I am a bit annoyed about this, MS's should have offered an upgrade path for existing pro console owners, a trade in or something.

The HDMI connection becomes important when you consider that the 360 now outputs 1080p, but most TV's will only accept 1080p over the HDMI input, none do over component and most overscan over VGA.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Besides my 360 looks great through component @ 720p and i'm not touching HD-DVD (or Blu Ray) til it's easier to deduce what will win. (unfortunately I suspect it'll be Blu Ray) :)

Neither will win, there's going to be two formats and players that can handle both discs - just like dvd+r and dvd-r.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I don't see any point in a 120gig hdd on a console, unless your a demo whore.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Well it's obviously designed with Microsoft's media download service in mind. Having a method of watching DivXs on my TV I'm not that bothered about the 'elite' version. I don't need 1080p res video output either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom