X360 Elite gets a Price tag

Yaka

Part of the furniture
according to T3 HAMV, Games & Play are gonna sellfor £329 squids which aint bad but its still minus the hd dvd drive

leggy

Probably Scottish
Not that great though either. 50-60 for a bigger HD and a HDMI port.

Even sony can do better than that.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah but for ease of connectivity alone I'm getting it.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
holding out till lower chip die ver is out my self

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
holding out till lower chip die ver is out my self
Hi guys

I think that's a good decision, Yaka; the Falcon update seems well worth waiting for. If I can save up, maybe I will treat myself since there are a lot of good titles coming out in the next few months.

Kind regards

Jonty

P.S. As much as I love the UK, we really don't get lumbered with high prices. In Taiwan the 360 premium version is around 30-40% cheaper.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hmm... read a american review where they cut open the elite console and reckon that it already used 65nm chips?

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm... read a american review where they cut open the elite console and reckon that it already used 65nm chips?
Hi guys

That's interesting Ch3tan. I did a quick search and apparently the old official line is that the internal components change all the time, so it's just luck of the draw.

I guess it makes sense that some of the newer systems may have newer components, if only because production has to start well in advance and once the old inventory runs out, something has to replace it. However, 65nm components are only part of the 'Falcon' updates, so as nice as the Elite is, it's still worth waiting a little longer.

Kind regards

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
iirc correctly it was a link in the eilte thread in the console forums.

Clown

Part of the furniture
It's bloody ugly though... I hope they do a white one too.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The black version is meant to be limited edition, after which it goes back to white.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
limited edition = limited quanties unless your either sony, ninty or ms. in which case you make a few million units slap on a LE badge. used to mean somat once but not any more unless its a game made by a small jap dev that doesnt get the right exposure in the west ofr its games

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys

Apparently the next round of 360 shipments will feature the Falcon update (HDMI, 65nm components, quieter drives etc.). It will be tricky to guarantee which version you get, but some of these systems have already made their way to retail.

If you can see the box, the revised version mentions HDMI. If you're buying online, it's more difficult, but try and look for HDMI in the specifications (gaming enthusiast sites will probably say what version they are stocking, general retailers may not).

Kind regards

Jonty

Edit ~ Although the HDMI port is confirmed, the other Falcon updates have not yet been verified. Also, the HDMI only applies to the Premium systems right now.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
its usa only atm, theres no specified date. when we will get the hdmi versions thats not elite

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom