x-men 3

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
so i've been eagerly anticipating the 3rd x-men movie, because im such a huge x-men nerd, but then i hear that vinnie jones (footballer-turned-"actor") is playing juggernaut, and i dont think i'd want to see it as much as i did yesterday. i'll still go, i expect, but this is bad, bad news.
opinions? other rumours? anything? :(

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

ooh:< ive been waiting eagerly for that too. dont like vinnie jones though:<

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So we should expect a lot of through the wall action. Nice. Don't think jugger did anything else :p

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
after a bit of snooping around, ive read that gambit is meant to be in this movie, as is beast (and not a cg version, meant to be some guy in prosthetics or smt), and so is angel (who is going to be female instead of male). of course this is all rumor, so should be taken with a pinch of salt, but its 'confirmed' that vinnie is juggernaut.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
give Gambit for Rogue love story :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Give Bishop and Sentinels and Apoc and the four horsemen. Give them all.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Apoc was cool...

Vinnie as juggernaut? Really don't see that working...

Juggy is a big, musclebound meathead...
Vinnie is a big girls blouse imo...

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Calaen said:
give Gambit for Rogue love story :p
apparently rogue might not be in this movie.
gambit without rogue is just :eek6:

i'd love to see the dark phoenix saga.. as jean 'died' in the last one paving the way for it almost (a phoenix was under the water at the end of the film)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Sounds worrying
Vinnie Jones would just spoil the whole film for me.

But then again they have got every other char just right so I have to trust their judgement.

Cyclops, Rouge, Wolverine were just exactly right.
Unless of course they've palmed the whole thing off on some out-of-work director and crew.

A weird one with X-Men is the amount of people I've explained to with a response of astonishment is that Magneto is Gandalf.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
haarewin said:
apparently rogue might not be in this movie.
gambit without rogue is just :eek6:

i'd love to see the dark phoenix saga.. as jean 'died' in the last one paving the way for it almost (a phoenix was under the water at the end of the film)

OMG when i saw that i jumped up in the cinema and screamed OMFGWTFBBQ ITS PHOENIX BABY!
and every single person there said wtf u on about?
pfff noobs!
i grew up with x-men. gambit was so fkin kool mah cherrie (sp?)
rogue used to be badass to just flying around smacking teh poop out of sentinels. and ooo the random memories
why oh why can i not get a dvd box set of the original cartoon series :(

ooo really nerdy point :p beast was on TV in 1st or 2nd i 4get which. but it shows a guy called hank mccoy (i think his former name correct me if im wrong) was being interviewed. :D

he he im sooo excited now and yet the vinnie jones thing just makes me want to hurt people with big sticks.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Lakashnik said:
OMG when i saw that i jumped up in the cinema and screamed OMFGWTFBBQ ITS PHOENIX BABY!
and every single person there said wtf u on about?
pfff noobs!
i grew up with x-men. gambit was so fkin kool mah cherrie (sp?)
rogue used to be badass to just flying around smacking teh poop out of sentinels. and ooo the random memories
why oh why can i not get a dvd box set of the original cartoon series :(

ooo really nerdy point :p beast was on TV in 1st or 2nd i 4get which. but it shows a guy called hank mccoy (i think his former name correct me if im wrong) was being interviewed. :D

he he im sooo excited now and yet the vinnie jones thing just makes me want to hurt people with big sticks.

its 'mon cherie' ;) i loved the x-men stories because of the cartoon, then i got into the comics after a while ...
i didnt see the 2nd film in the cinema, because during the 1st one i was talking all the way through it at the cinema saying what was wrong with it and my friends got angry, and said they wont see the sequel with me, i had to wait for the dvd because i aint going to the cinema on my own :(
hank mccoy is idd beast's name, but i cant remember seeing that, and im gonna have to watch them again just to see it!

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Lakashnik said:

that sums up my feelings on it tbh......

Vinney was a half decent footballer , nut i'm sorry ... he's living of his hard man persona .... he's a shit actor

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
So long as Vinnie keeps on the armour and doesn't say anything, it could work out oO

Though they should've hired a WWE musclehead for the same role, someone like Kane.

Job said:
A weird one with X-Men is the amount of people I've explained to with a response of astonishment is that Magneto is Gandalf.

If Gandalf was Magneto, he would've crushed Sauron's army on a whim!
That would've been a crap book, imo!

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
If Gandalf was Magneto, he would've crushed Sauron's army on a whim!
That would've been a crap book, imo!

that would be quite funny to see in film though :D
<magneto alters magnetic field around the orc army - forcing their helmets to crush their heads and weapons to behead those without helmets>

see! mass implosion/beheading of orc heads would have been hilarious!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Escape said:
Though they should've hired a WWE musclehead for the same role, someone like Kane.

Nah, Batista would be a better choice, that guy is one big mofo.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Personly i liked Vinnie in almost every film hes been in.

Expect him in a massive suit tho, any actor wanting to play him would have to be at least 7 foot tall etc. I don't think any actor could fill the suit fully :) Give vinnie a break :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, i just want to see more of ...what the f*Ck is the guys name in english...grr...

Google me!

*running*

Colossus.

Always been a fav stainless steel guy :p

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Just finished moving house and found all my old X-Men comics from years ago! covering the Phoenix Saga, Fall of the X-Men, all the way thru to Wolverine finding his claws are actual bone and not Adamantium etc etc etc etc \o/

hmmmm time to go read em again methinks :)

And Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is excellent... just the right touch of insanity in his character ;) i thought at 1st they'd made him a bit too "twitchy" but not now

GIVF X-MEN 3 NOW!

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Vinnie kicks arse, I would go and see the film just for him.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Well, i just want to see more of ...what the f*Ck is the guys name in english...grr...

Google me!

*running*

Colossus.

he was cool. shame he had such a small part in x-men2. was kool tho, they see him he turns into metal they shoot he kicks their ass's.

as for vinnie, hes not bad in the films he has done which are comedy/ hard man roles. but i just cant imagine him being good for a comic character. i do agree that juggernaught should been like a WWE bastid. some of them are huage! and juggernaught was huge even when not in his suit. that just added some. and the funny shaped helmet was kool to.

oo question for all u fans. i know in the film wolverines claws are big chunky fking things that come out between his knuckles but im sure i remember them being kinda slim sharp ass thing that came out from the top of the knuckles in the cartoon. just wondering if im remembering correctly or if my memories are getting mixed up. cause im sure it was like that but none of my friends beleive me..... im scared my mind is going already

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:

Google me!

*running*

Colossus.

He's about the only Xmen who can even attempt to try and go toe to toe with Juggy. ( remembers from the cartoon Colossus chucks a tank at Juggy and the lan "Tank you" is cringeworthy but funny).

But yeah they slowly introduce each of the xmen in different ways. Beast was introduced in xmen2, Clossus, Kitty ( blackcat) , Nightcrawler, and if i remember right they made reference to the Banshee ( even though he is male , that always confused me). still me wants to see it now =).

Lots fo kwel moves coming out soon, Starwars, batman , Sin City , HGTTG , ummm and i forget about 2 more .. anways ... later

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Lakashnik said:
oo question for all u fans. i know in the film wolverines claws are big chunky fking things that come out between his knuckles but im sure i remember them being kinda slim sharp ass thing that came out from the top of the knuckles in the cartoon. just wondering if im remembering correctly or if my memories are getting mixed up. cause im sure it was like that but none of my friends beleive me..... im scared my mind is going already

didnt they come out alittle bit on TOP of the hand just behind the knuckles? o_O

thats how i wanna remember it.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
[SS]Gamblor said:
Lots fo kwel moves coming out soon, Starwars, batman , Sin City , HGTTG , ummm and i forget about 2 more .. anways ... later

Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider? :p

Both have potential, I hope the Ghost Rider follows a darker theme...

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
didnt they come out alittle bit on TOP of the hand just behind the knuckles? o_O

thats how i wanna remember it.
YES but they were slim not big chunky things. like razorsharp chopsticks of doom tbh.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i heard ages ago colossus is meant to have a bigger part in this movie.
and uh, didnt banshee have a daughter with the same powers or something? (just googled it, daughter called siryn, similar powers)
fantastic four movie looks quite cool too.

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah well I love Vinnie.. hes insane.. if does as well as he did for wimbeldon, he will be unbeatlbe in X3 :clap: But what he lacks in hight, and muscle mass they can do, with coms.. I.E the hulk, where a tiny man, gets big and green hehe..

but I heard that Halle berry wont be playing in x3, and same with James Marsden, because he is doing the return of superman or something.. just rumours tho.. personally I hope that pyro will be showed a lot more in the third movie, as he left with magneto... I cant wait til it comes out tbh..

Ezteq

Queen of OT
bf brought me xmen 2 when i hurt my leg reciently, velllly good i liked that, i do remember when hank "beast" mccoy was on tv in xmen 1 loved nightcrawler think allan cummings (think thats his name) is great in everything and vinnie jones is ace loved him in lock stock. tbh halle berry has to do xmen3 or ill stalk her arse!
Only one teeny tiny little problem i got with the movies is i wish rogue would kick a bit more arse tbh she doesnt really do much, but hugh jackman is scrummy and brilliant so ill forgive the film makers and patrick stewert well what can i say, they couldnt of got a better guy to play xavier.

<pats small wolverine doll on monitor>

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Lakashnik said:
he was cool. shame he had such a small part in x-men2. was kool tho, they see him he turns into metal they shoot he kicks their ass's.

as for vinnie, hes not bad in the films he has done which are comedy/ hard man roles. but i just cant imagine him being good for a comic character. i do agree that juggernaught should been like a WWE bastid. some of them are huage! and juggernaught was huge even when not in his suit. that just added some. and the funny shaped helmet was kool to.

his claws were just above his wrist bones, tbh though, how did he bend his wrists with them things in there? :p, anyway, in the cartoon, they were really thin yes, but who cares? ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The funny thing was when in a bar i was talking to a few xmen "fans" (you know, seen the movie, i'm a hardcore fan type) and they asked about my fav char. Well...the convo was something like:

Them: So what's your fav char in xmen?
Me: Colossus...forge is cool too.
Them: Who?
Me: Colossus, the metal guy...*lifted brow*
Them: There's no metal guy!
Me: The one helping the kids escape... *little amused now*
Them: Oh that one! He's like...a side character!
Me: Yeah, well, the old ruski is quite an important char in comics.
Them: What was the othe guy you said?
Me: Forge?
Them: Yeah, where was he and what did he do?
Me: ...build anything from almost anything...*knowing that saying that was a mistake*
Them: Like MacGyver?! Have you even seen the movies?!*laughing*
Me: ...i need beer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom