TV X-Files

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes, but still with some finesse. The whole series so far has been one long popular-reference challenge. Please stop it you fuckers. It's ruining the immersion and actually breaking the fourth wall. Possibly the worst mistake you can make.

I was thinking this the other day. The only thing they seem interested in is showing that they are in the 21st century. To many odd references to modern tech.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I don't remember the original series being a comedy, actually I cannot remember watching an episode quite like number 3 in the original series. Could be that my memory is failing but truthfully, I thought it was utter bollox and didn't enjoy it one bit, get back to the seriousness and conspiracy theories as I am sure that was in the original series.

The bowl of lazarus episode was practically comedy

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Ive started from S1.... GA's haircut makes me giggle

soze

I am a FH squatter
I found the latest episode rather insulting as a long term fan, why are they taking the piss out of themselves and making it cheesy crap. I hope that was a one off or I will ditch it before it destroys happy memories.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
This weeks ep was great as well.

Writing has been good so far, only 2 more eps to go though.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Watching the old X-Files as we speak, and yes i must say, they were written masterfully. Great soundtrack, pacing, poetic, thoughtful and philosophical.

New episodes are a joke.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Hmm Ep 5 was the worst ep of this mini series.

soze

I am a FH squatter
This episode is utter bollocks. Why are they making it a Joke. Did he ask to bring his Clifornication character to the X Files or something.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's a real shame. Its like they are trying to make it shit so that they don't have to go to the effort of doing proper, longer, not shit seasons.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
While it was kinda cool to see a modern X-files out of the six episodes, the only episodes that really had me invested was the first two.

I would have prefered if the producers had taken the same route as the "reboot" of 24, a compact intense version of the series... basically treated it as a six hour movie, or a true mini-series.
Last episode is a cliffhanger set up for a 2nd (?) season, if they got enough ratings that is. I would have hoped for an actual conclusion.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
And the ending was shit as well. Again, no pacing, no building up, just jumping directly into it with every fact already established.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah episode 6 was terrible. I think that's the issue - the suggestion of conspiracy, brief glimpses of the overarching plot were great, but when they actually go into it - it always sucks.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Apart from episode 3 I've thought this has been cringe worthy. What a wasted opportunity to revisit x-files

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah episode 6 was terrible. I think that's the issue - the suggestion of conspiracy, brief glimpses of the overarching plot were great, but when they actually go into it - it always sucks.

X-files was always at it's best with one off or two parters with a great bad guy, think Eugene Tombs for example. The conspiracy episodes always let them down I felt.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
X-files was always at it's best with one off or two parters with a great bad guy, think Eugene Tombs for example. The conspiracy episodes always let them down I felt.

Tombs was awesome but cinfessions of a smoking man my favorite episode

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

Tooms is in my top 10 fave bad guys ever. Holy hell what a creepy, creepy, creeeeeepy mofo :eek:

tumblr_me8jevqJQD1ry01jk.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom