TV X-Files

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I was fully intending to re-watch the first 9 seasons before this one but that hasn't happened. I guess I will archive it and hope to avoid spoilers before I get round to watching. :(

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Fuck no.

Scully: "Look Mulder. A puddle of water in the street. I suppose that was caused by the rain earlier."
Mulder: "You might think that but it could just as well have been left by Aliens from the planet Bowlarkz whose time-travelling robo-dinosaur ships leave behind water-trails. Let's see which is right."

Mulder turns out to be right. Every time. It's like William of Occam's missus nicked his razor to do her fanny and never gave it back.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Is Scully in the new ones? She has aged very well.

Hnnngh.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Well that was bizarre ..

Mulder looks and acts like he's walked in straight from the set of Californication. Scully looks and acts like she's walked in straight from the set of Hannibal. Guess they both need time to remember their characters again.

What is the bloke from Community doing in this show? Seriously?!

"I was wrong about everything that happened before, there was no alien conspiracy." - But there are aliens and humans and a conspiracy and it's all very confusing and similar. Help!​

I can't tell if it wasn't very good or I just need time to readjust. But hey, its The X-Files, I'll keep watching.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Was OK, if a little bizarre. Will watch a few and see how it goes

Lakih

Resident Freddy
It was odd seeing both of them again, the plot is so far... far fetched, but hooked into modern techno-paranoia... but all the old players seems to make some kind of appearance so there's that.
They sure jumped straight into it, no sneaking around hiding in bushes, building up to some "omg moment". It's X-files from act 1, scene 1, enter stage left.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Going with the direction of present time, popular-culture references and what not, was a giant fail from Chris Carters side. The first episode lacks any finesse with regards to dialogue, scenery, character interaction etc.

Also, that guy from Community needs to go.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Watched it, thought it was a bit meh.

Got excited when
they showed the zero point wormhole capable spaceship, want one ta.

Also
what where they scanning Nina (The Americans) for before they blew the shit out of her?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
First ep was ok, second ep was better. Hopefully improves as it goes along.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
This weeks episode is hilariously ridiculous.

Zarjazz

This weeks episode is hilariously ridiculous.

That was one crazy and totally bonkers episode. It was like they were taking the piss out of themselves for some of the preposterous monster-of-the-week episodes they had in the original series.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I cba with it

You're missing quality plot.

tumblr_o1xnwh8pfs1up6muto2_500.gif

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
sooooo...they're already playing the gratuitous bewbz card? not that I complain, but isn't it a bit early in the season? :-(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I just watched the latest episode and I thought I was watching Supernatural with two new lead characters.

Zarjazz

I just watched the latest episode and I thought I was watching Supernatural with two new lead characters.

Well to be fair X-Files did do those kooky kind of episodes long before Supernatural even started :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Well to be fair X-Files did do those kooky kind of episodes long before Supernatural even started :)

Yes, but still with some finesse. The whole series so far has been one long popular-reference challenge. Please stop it you fuckers. It's ruining the immersion and actually breaking the fourth wall. Possibly the worst mistake you can make.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I don't remember the original series being a comedy, actually I cannot remember watching an episode quite like number 3 in the original series. Could be that my memory is failing but truthfully, I thought it was utter bollox and didn't enjoy it one bit, get back to the seriousness and conspiracy theories as I am sure that was in the original series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom