X-Box Live and NTL

G

granny

Seems it can be difficult to get X-Box live working with an NTL cable modem, especially if, like mine, it's a set-top-box cable modem.

There's a lot of useful info and suggestions here but I still haven't managed to get mine working, looks like I'm going to have to get a cheap router :/

S

]SK[

When ever I bung on a new router onto my cable modem I have to power it down and bring it back up when the router is plugged into it. Due to Mac addresses. If that doesnt work on your box then I suggest you do get a router :)

W

whipped

I'm afraid I use my own cable modem, not the set-top box I have. If you do need a router and you have some old kit lying around. Maybe a 486 with a floppy drive, crap video card and 2 network cards. If so and you don't want to buy a router, look at FreeSCO. I've used it for a good 2 years now and have never had any problems with it.

W

whipped

Very much the same, although Freesco has the added advantage that it runs completely from memory, so all you need is a floppy drive. With a suitablly low end machine this means you can cut all the fans and it runs dead silent. Something I really needed.

Users who are viewing this thread