WZWB #11 Game Thread

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Will be posting information in here, and sending out PMs in the next short while, can people please confirm, and can we have a sticky pls. can take #10 off sticky :)

Mabs

list :
toht
cal
itcheh
rubric
uara
ch3t
cerb
gmloki
olga (?)

Mabs

No meta gaming please
If in doubt <ask for help>

Each "time period" as per normal, you can discuss amongst yourselves what you want to do either collectively or individually, then once you decide , put it in bold, and i will consider it decided. ie "Go to library and make enquiries" or "me and him go to the kitchen and search it"

Most locations can be searched. Random chance to find something if indeed there is anything. Some things will be obvious on entry to a location, for example a door, or window , other things you will need to look for...
Try asking people for information , but be careful -how- you ask...

Things can be manipulated. Feel free to experiment, but be warned, some are irreversable. (ie if you decide to burn the curtains to see if they are flammable, then they tend to cease to exist..)

Some events may cause you trauma, both physical and mental. If you incur such penalties, you will need to be "fixed". (ie if you are hurt you may have to forfeit a cycle to go to hospital, etc) The mental ones will be more... debilitating.

Strength in numbers ... if someone should be attacked/hurt/etc on their own, their chances of survivial are minimal, so bear that in mind if you choose to go wandering alone...
Trust nothing, and no-one, except probably each other ...

Main information, and so on , will be posted in the thread
some information will be PMd to people, they will have to choose wether or not to share this information

<as this is experimental , some things may be changed or added/removed as we progress so please bear with me !>

Mabs

What you know so far:
You have been asked by a firm of lawyers you have never heard of before to investigate a missing client of theirs. The letter you received is as follows:
"I have been referred to you by a mutual friend who imforms me you are skilled in locating missing people. Mr Arthur Cornthwaite is a client of ours and has been missing for some time. As his attorneys we hold certain documents for him, but being unaware of his location, and having not been informed of his movements we are unsure as to how to proceed. We would like you to locate him for us, and aquire from him instructions on how to proceed with his estate in his absence. If he is no longer with us, then we require some proof to this effect so we may act on his last will and testament. if you are able to come to our offices and discuss this matter further please find us at the address above, and we would be delighted to discuss both the details of the situation and your professional fee
yours faithfully,
Walter Dodge
Dodge Brothers, Attorneys at Law. 14 main street, Gamwell. January 30th, 1925
enclosed: article from Gamwell Gazette"

The attached paper article:
"GAMWELL MILLIONAIRE ABSENT
Gamwells most prosperous son, Arthur Cornthwaite, has apparently left the area for a time, possibly for a vacation, or in relation to his studies.
Some mystery surrounds his departure as it comes without notice.. However an inspection of his mansion and grounds by Sheriff Whitford has revealed no caues for alarm. The last person to speak to Mr Cornthwaite was his attorney, Mr Dodge, on the 7th of this month. At that time he gave no indication to his imminent departure, but according to Mr Dodge, he did seem quite preoccupied, no doubt with his travel plans.
We all know that besides being a landowner, mr Cornthwaite was a millionaire, a scholar, a philanthropist and an explorer. Hemay well be off laying the groundwork for some future exciting expedition, or perhaps is relaxing in New York. Gamwell citizens will no doubt kindly remember his donations to local charities and to the town library, and join us in wishing him a safe and happy journey.
Gamwell Gazette 17th january, 1925"

Mabs

You all turn up at the lawyers office. Places in town you know of :
boarding house
lawyers office
newspaper office
graveyard
hospital
asylum
sheriffs station
the town hall
and the house in question

there is no map to town as you dont need one. a map to the house will be provided as it becomes relevant :)

fire away !

Mabs

its 5th feb 1925

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
<can we send question in PM if we want to keep things hidden?>
<is this basically a MUD style, where you can say any command you like and be told if "you can't do that dave"?>

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I'd like to know who informed the press of Arthurs disappearance.

Anyone up for a walk over to the press office?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ask layer about this "mutual friend".

I'm really interested in this person that connects, not only myself to this here establishment, but all of these people packed in this office like sardines.

Mabs

<can we send question in PM if we want to keep things hidden?>
<is this basically a MUD style, where you can say any command you like and be told if "you can't do that dave"?>

techincal questions, yes, if you wish to question a person about something,you can do:
do it with poeple there, get a secret answer but they know you did it
or slide off later under some pretext and go ask them alone

Uara

Part of the furniture
Sounds like a plan Calaen...I'll go with you to the press office.

Mabs

Ask layer about this "mutual friend".

I'm really interested in this person that connects, not only myself to this here establishment, but all of these people packed in this office like sardines.

one would assume it is someone you lot have done some work for in the past. not really sure why you all work together, rather like people who end up in villages with werewolf attacks :eek:
<hes merely the mechanism to get you all here, hes not important :) >

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think i'll be heading ot the boarding house. Just to check on newcomers to this here town.

Calaen

Me and Uara head over to the Newspaper Office and make enquries.

I'd like to ask them who informed them of Arthurs disappearance and if they uncovered anything which they found suspicious about the whole thing.

Mabs

<righto, will wait for everyone else to decide and then ill do them in 1 go>

itcheh

Part of the furniture
Send me to the sheriffs station - I'm going to find out if they've found any John Does

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Well this is strange. Why hire all of us? What do we all do?

I'm going to head over to Mr. Cornthwaite's house and see if he has any family, maybe ask them some questions. I'll ask whoever is there something anyways.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Now guys lets not all be paranoid now. I'm sure there are no shenanigans going on between us.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Let's not get paranoid?

We don't know each other. We don't know this law firm. We don't know the missing man. We don't know who this "mutual friend" is who helped bring us all together here. We don't know why we could help.

But sure let's just get all chummy!

Uara

Part of the furniture
I didn't say lets get chummy but lets not be thinking we're all out to fuck each other over as otherwise we're not going to have a chance of finding this missing man as we'll be constantly looking over our shoulders.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
*look over Uara's shoulder*

OH HAI DENNY!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

one would assume it is someone you lot have done some work for in the past. not really sure why you all work together, rather like people who end up in villages with werewolf attacks :eek:
<hes merely the mechanism to get you all here, hes not important :) >
Let's not get paranoid?

We don't know each other. We don't know this law firm. We don't know the missing man. We don't know who this "mutual friend" is who helped bring us all together here. We don't know why we could help.

But sure let's just get all chummy!

Actually we do know each other ^ we've worked together before. In any case, I also wish to visit the sherrif's office and ask the sherrif what he found or saw when he visited Arthur's house looking for him..

I will only do this if a 4th person accompanies, I do not wish to be alone with Olga and Itcheh with their "trust".

Calaen

I agree with Uara, we need to stay focussed. Arthur could be in serious trouble and its probably going to take all of us to help him out.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
actually I've changed my mind.... we are in the lawyers office already... I'm going to do something here.... not sure what though.

Itcheh, Olga, if you are both going to visit The Law, I think it best if one of you checks for Jon Doe's and one question the sherrif? Make good use of our resources.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Actually we do know each other ^ we've worked together before. In any case, I also wish to visit the sherrif's office and ask the sherrif what he found or saw when he visited Arthur's house looking for him..

Oops! Must have missed this.

I've actually changed my mind too I'm going to drop by the hospital and see if anything susicious has turned up since the disapearance. A body with no head or hands, that sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom