Wyrd or what ..?

Pyrana

Fledgling Freddie
Are there any active RvR BM's out there happily using the Wyrd spec (CD-only styles, no +Blades/51 total Blades in template)?

Obviously it will make life easier to not have to worry about sc'ing in any +Blades on my template ... but does this really work effectively in RvR?

On the one hand, I would imagine grouped RvR BM's mostly use:

Ice Storm + chain
Snow Shower (+ chain occasionally)
one of the anytime - Taunting Blade/Squall/Hurricane

i.e. almost exclusively CD styles ... but if you're assisting some LW hero/champ doesn't he get pissed off with you ruining his annihilation stun? Do you therefore also use the Revenging Blade -> Brilliant Blade chain to avoid annoying that big grumpy firb hero in your group ;) ?

Basically is it worth sc'ing in +Blades or not - bearing in mind this BM will run group-only RvR, with minimal PvE?

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
well, cant edit last reply so .. well can afford that at rr10 .. WS did drop, but damage didnt drop that much .. and parry roxor boxors in duels :D

Aliorm

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
well, cant edit last reply so .. well can afford that at rr10 .. WS did drop, but damage didnt drop that much .. and parry roxor boxors in duels :D

And why u asking me about one respec stone!?!?!

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Who the hell needs parry in rvr?!?! unless u solo its wasted Imo...50cd 50weap and 28 shield

/Dracus

Pyrana

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the replys guys - but I'm not asking how to spec ;) I'm asking what styles you use in RvR and if its worth sc'ing +Blades into my template ..

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
i now u dont wanna hear about specs but i can up with one i think could really work and i got a BM in the making to try it out (lvl32 atm)
it 50blunt 39celtic and 42shield it basically means u can get a slam off and have enough time to position urself because at the end of the day a BM is a positional tank working best wen it can get at the side/behind a target

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
TriggerHappy said:
i now u dont wanna hear about specs but i can up with one i think could really work and i got a BM in the making to try it out (lvl32 atm)
it 50blunt 39celtic and 42shield it basically means u can get a slam off and have enough time to position urself because at the end of the day a BM is a positional tank working best wen it can get at the side/behind a target

I like this one..but then you could actually benefit from Wyrrd spec...

50/51 combined weap 42 shield 50 cd and rest parry? :p could be interesting :D

something like:

RR4/5

36 weap
42 shield
50 cd
16 parry

And use CD styles only...

Any thoughts?

/Dracus

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Wyrrd spec works fine, but as others have said, to make the best of this style you need to use positional chains and slam is the best opener for this (however, its fiddly).

In the end i respecced out of it as i preferred the higher blade styles, but thats just personal preference. For a high RR solo BM, Wyrrd's spec works well as you can really make the most of parry and the high impact off-parry styles.

Have they changed the weapon switching for BM's recently so you can quickbar toggle between DW and S/S? (i havent played for a while, but this was not implemented when i was playing).

Without this ability you are changing weapons in your character window everytime you switch from s/s to CD and as a s/s BM i can tell ya this is not ideal as you lose valuable seconds switching weapons (others that i know that have tried s/s have had the same problem and almost all have reverted to cd for the damage output).

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Wyrrd spec works fine, but as others have said, to make the best of this style you need to use positional chains and slam is the best opener for this (however, its fiddly).

In the end i respecced out of it as i preferred the higher blade styles, but thats just personal preference. For a high RR solo BM, Wyrrd's spec works well as you can really make the most of parry and the high impact off-parry styles.

Have they changed the weapon switching for BM's recently so you can quickbar toggle between DW and S/S? (i havent played for a while, but this was not implemented when i was playing).

Without this ability you are changing weapons in your character window everytime you switch from s/s to CD and as a s/s BM i can tell ya this is not ideal as you lose valuable seconds switching weapons (others that i know that have tried s/s have had the same problem and almost all have reverted to cd for the damage output).

Cant :/ shield has to be in offhand...but u can put the offhand in 2h and then u dont have to drag it very far when u swap :p

/Dracus

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
Dracus said:
Who the hell needs parry in rvr?!?! unless u solo its wasted Imo...50cd 50weap and 28 shield

/Dracus

Well, I use parry a lot in RVR, but as you've already mentioned, I play most of my rvr time solo.... still, getting off the stun from the blunt parry chain has been pretty beneficial for the groups Ive been in. I dunno who has the idea that parry is useless in RvR, Ive rarely been out (both solo and grouped) and never had the chance to use it.

Pyrana

Fledgling Freddie
What I'm considering at low RR is:

50 CD
50 Blades
27 Parry
10 Shield (engage)

with only +2 blades in suit, which still gives me an effective 51+ Blades (to satisfy the basic capped damaged from Wyrd). As I reach higher RR, and once they sort the hot-swapping of shield for bm's (if ever), I can reduce Blades spec and increase Shield or Parry while still keeping Blades at 51.

This all sounds wonderful in theory but in practice means only using CD styles in combat .... what I'd like to know is how much would you miss the high level Blades/Blunt styles in group-based RvR?

Twist

Fledgling Freddie
Pyrana said:
if its worth sc'ing +Blades into my template ..

Absolutely definitely imo, part of the benefit of a Wyrd spec is you don't need to spend as many spec points in the main weapon line so you can raise CD & Parry (for BM) higher, hell you can have 50 CD + 42 shield for slam + 39 blades (modified to 50 @ RR1) if you SC +11 blades! (ok only 6 parry but that will rise as blades drops off with RR)

Pyrana

Fledgling Freddie
Aye - I understand that. But:

1. I dont want to use Shield atm (until they fix shield hot-swap).
2. I want to *avoid* sc'ing +11 Blades, thus having a stronger template in other areas. To do that I clearly need to spec 50 Blades.
3. If I do 2. will I regret not being able to (effectively) use the high level Blade styles (as my Blade spec will be only 50+2 rather than 50+11) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom