WWIIOL Goes F2P!

Casbardh

Loyal Freddie
Some of you may have heard of this game, some of you may have not.

Its been going for 10+ years and it is a World War II Online (WWIIOL) FPS on an epic scale - a 24/7 ground war with air combat fought across a half Sized Map of Europe. So vast campaigns can last weeks, all of whic his pure PvP....

F2P gets you access too multiple Units of Varying Types,which include French Early War, British, German and American Equipment.

The community is mature, having weathered 10+ years of gaming. When you log into the game for the first time you might get a shock, as many people don't realise this game has existed and it is just for them!

Warning: It runs on a military grade ballistics simulator so expect to be challenged a lot - ballistics of shot and damage is modelled as realisitically as they can for a home computer. You have to make sure you shoot that StuG in the right place....!

Dive in and have a look - with details here:

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/i...e-servers/12207-free-to-play-is-now-activated

The Wiki is here (slightly behind so needs updating - oh the perils of social media..)

http://wiki.wwiionline.com/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

So if you like military games or simulations/both have a look.

A bit about myself: My in game is Smythes - I used to have the nick Casbardh de Roo's in DAOC and WWIIOL and I am a Euro TZ player in WWIIOL. I was in 1st RM, then 40 Commando and I have recently joined a Squad called the Allied Expeditionary Force.

I have mostly played the Allied side but this game has kept me hooked to it for 7+ years......so I am biased, and would naturally reccomend trying it out - you don't have to like - im not here to make you like it , im here to make you aware they have gone F2P and you can have ago should you wish.

Any questions, PM me or let me know :) Alternately find me in game /m smythes Are you there?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Tried it a couple of years ago, didn't see the fun in it because i never saw a single other player in the 4 hours i ran around trying to find the "war". :)

And i got yelled at for spawning a tank for whatever reason...

Aada

Part of the furniture
Tried it a couple of years ago, didn't see the fun in it because i never saw a single other player in the 4 hours i ran around trying to find the "war". :)

And i got yelled at for spawning a tank for whatever reason...

Because your a big nub that spawned a tank when you shouldn't have you saw the big red spawn button and thought 'zomg now i pwn in tank'

Casbardh

Loyal Freddie
Hiya!

Ah! Like any server population, we have those who would tell people what to do in game. Just ignore them.

Ref the not finding people - I don't know if you had AO's when you played last but they essentially provide the area of the map for action. Some people like that, some don't. That basically means the battles are biggers.

Currently the recruits from FPA have equalled a 4 digit figure so much less chance of you being on your own, on top of the existing player population.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sweet, might give it a go then when i get some free time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom