WWII in HD

Marc

FH is my second home
Cant wait for this, im such a second world war geek! I must have spent weeks reading and watching stuff about it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Nice one, I look forward to the blu-ray release.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
any video where the trailer doesnt defy the whole point of it by compression? :d

Marc

FH is my second home
Bump

On next tuesday ay 9pm on Discovery Channel in the UK

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
HD, dont you mean upscaled?
Im pretty sure they didnt record stuff in 1080p with 5.1 digital surround sound back in the 40s

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I just posted what the link said, okay? It says HD, so I said HD

Go complain to them instead

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
what a tasteless trailer.

I agree - it's far too sensationalised. Particularly where they said 'the only people who saw it in this detail were those who sort it through their own eyes' or something similar to that. They shouldn't trivialise experiencing the terrible nature of war by comparing those who went through it with people watching it from their bloody comfy sofa (no offence to viewers ofc). That's just a little insulting and could have been worded better.

HD, dont you mean upscaled?
Im pretty sure they didnt record stuff in 1080p with 5.1 digital surround sound back in the 40s

Of course it was recorded like that. The American's did it, didn't you know? They 'won' everything with no-one elses help. Check out Saving Private Ryan (which I quite like) where no other nation was involved and the worst of all dross rehashes, U571.

I hope it's actually directed & presented with the similar tact that the Band of Brothers interviews were done with. Then it might be quite awesome. :D

tris-

Is this footage from the 40s or some new shit? Surely is impossible to be showing 1940s HD footage!

I cant watch the vid cos it wont load.

CorNokZ

Hell March is probably the best track ever made for any game in the history of track-making for games

Everyone will agree with me

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
The reason why so many old films can be released in HD is cause they are actually filmed in a much higher reolution and had to be compressed to fit onto tapes and DVDs, as long as the original footage is intact you can edit it in its more truer form

tris-

watching it now on anytime.
for his sins that hitler bloke was a pretty good public speaker.

CorNokZ

I bet you he didn't have stage fright either!

tris-

nah, i reckon he just imagined everyone as having blonde hair and blue eyes to calm his nerves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom