WTT ML10 Bow for PvE Shield

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
As my scout is a bit young at the moment, and some people really seem to want the bow, and as there is only one item I really want at the mo (and none on merchants) :

Would like to trade ML10 bow (Astral Bow of Dismay - would link to stats but can't access allakhazam at work) for Shield of Fiendish Fantasy (Large shield with +5% blocking and decent UV - only large PvE block bonus shield in Albion that I know of).

Sorry, no other trades or sale considered, my scout will reach 50 one day, and I'll probably have an ML10 set for him.

The Shield drops from Josiah the Animator in the bottom of the frontlines. There aren't many guides on the net for him. Basically when you pull him (he'll baf caster adds if there are more than 3 in the group) he spawns 3-4 yellow skeletons that are easy to kill. Don't kill them, if you do, each one killed spawns two more. He's a caster, and will happily lifetap you to death, given a chance. The aggro getting down there is pretty hard (high red/low purple), and pops fairly fast. I have killed him a few times with a Paladin/Friar duo (both heavily PvE spellcrafted with +block/parry/evade), but been killed by him an equal amount. Not been lucky on the drops yet.

Darzil

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
I have killed him a few times with a Paladin/Friar duo (both heavily PvE spellcrafted with +block/parry/evade), but been killed by him an equal amount. Not been lucky on the drops yet.

Darzil

try it with an ml9 sorcerer or cabby with bb,

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
try it with an ml9 sorcerer or cabby with bb,

Just let me level one first then !

Preferably before ML9 gets nerfed, as I'm sure it will in 1.84, just like Banelord has, as it's overpowered.

What spec would be best for getting past the dozens of red/purple fast popping mobs that you have to kill to even get there. Can't afford to use up ML9 just getting to him, and there's lots of fast popping aggro to take down around him. Can't focus kill him, either, of course, as the focus would just kill the skeletons and multiply them. How would a sorc or cabbie get the skeletons off the bb when they aggro him without killing them ?

Darzil

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
necromania said:
nerf ml9 for rvr. not PVE. PLZ!!!

Sorry, why not for PvE ?

Is it not overpowered that an ML9 buffed pet can do encounters solo that well balanced tank groups can't ?

I'm looking forward to having it on my sorceror, and plan to do lots of encounters solo with it, same as I want to do stuff with a servant necro.

I'm not going to claim it's not overpowered, though!

If epic encounters required a group, rather than pet, buffs and leeches for credit, I reckon we'd see more people grouping out there !

Edit : Gee, I'm ranty today.

Darzil

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
most of all the stuff ml9 pets can do with a bb, a Serv necro+bb can do too. so if they nerf ml9 pets, ppl will just use Serv necros, including myself:worthy:

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
i have the shield and willing to trade m8 .. catch me on mustrum or kuja tonight m8

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Guldske said:
givf ml9 for necro's :)

And then take it to RvR - imagine the only way to kill a player is killing his rampaging buffed ML 9 necro-pet. That's the best, surefire way of getting ML 9 nerfed to tiny bits.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Equador said:
And then take it to RvR - imagine the only way to kill a player is killing his rampaging buffed ML 9 necro-pet. That's the best, surefire way of getting ML 9 nerfed to tiny bits.

3 nukes from a decently equiped caster should still do it. Since necro's arn't killed with melee nowadays it would probably make next to no difference.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Can't focus kill him, either, of course, as the focus would just kill the skeletons and multiply them. How would a sorc or cabbie get the skeletons off the bb when they aggro him without killing them ?

Get the pet to attack the main mob.. turn on focus until the skellies reach about 20% life.. you should now be able to heal for a good long time without them attacking you..

It's also worth noting that the cleric heal proc counts as the pet healing itself so generates aggro towards the pet. With enough stuff hitting the pet the heal-proc will generate so much aggro that it's pretty much impossible for a cleric to pull aggro off it.

Dorimor1

Banned
Someone bought that astral bow for 130p.

Don't just give it away like that :/

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:

roflcakes I sold it for 30 plat little over a month ago :(

I always miss the good deals

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
Get the pet to attack the main mob.. turn on focus until the skellies reach about 20% life.. you should now be able to heal for a good long time without them attacking you..

It's also worth noting that the cleric heal proc counts as the pet healing itself so generates aggro towards the pet. With enough stuff hitting the pet the heal-proc will generate so much aggro that it's pretty much impossible for a cleric to pull aggro off it.

You never tried this, did you ?

Don't know how many hits the skellies have, but my 29 slash pally insta-kills them, so I reckon you'll have trouble carefully getting them on you with the focus shield.

Darzil

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:

You can never win on trading threads.

If I'd asked for lots of money I'd have been seen as greedy.

If I ask to trade it for the only thing in the game I currently wanted, I'm seen as giving it away!

It may not make 100% logical sense to you, but I don't like paying lots of money for stuff, and aren't bothered about making lots as a result. I have some money, and if I want more I've got enough decent loot kicking around to make lots more.

Anyway, did exchange it, and both parties are happy.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom