Wtf!

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Ok, had a problem this afternoon, mp3 drive was out of action - getting a noise and system wouldn't read the F: drive. Rebooted, F: drive wasn't being able to be read, vista wouldn't boot period. Disconnected the drive. Vista boots fine. Went out for a beer thinking, damn my drive is dead, gotta buy a new one. Come back home, boots the pc back up, i'd disconnected the d: drive it seemed when i rebooted not the f: the same drive that wasn't responding is now working just fine. So reconnected d: and then rebooted and it works fine, now i'm just flummoxed as to wtf was wrong and why it wasn't working, playing my mp3's just fine atm. Short cuts from D: gone awol but the programs are working just fine. Like wtf happened, can someone tell me cuz i am fuxxored if i know wtf has gone wrong, first time in twenty years i have seen a problem like this :s

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Root of the cause found, did a check disk, both drives are fine. Did a virus check, found the odd trojan. PC still wasn't booting properly, and then I took a closer look at the noise, dodgy dvd in the dvd drive, took it out, no more problems, DOH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom