wtf ?

W

wheremygrave

There we were, a group of mids happily attacking hibs/albs at hmg in Odin's. I was hitting Scycho (?) for my normal amount (180 ish 1h). The next second, i was hitting for 20, styled!. This was the same for all my grp, a zerker hit an alb with DF for 25!, and a sb pa'd for 16, with a 2h.

Basically, wtf happened, bug, new RA, or just another piece of loving code for Albion, courtesy of Mythic.

Btw, i am a 50 warrior using an arcanium 1h hammer, 99% qual.

And no, i am not moaning that we were owned :)

edit - oh and sorry albs, 96 people to take Hurbury which was defended by just 12 people is a bit funny :)

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by wheremygrave
There we were, a group of mids happily attacking hibs/albs at hmg in Odin's. I was hitting Scycho (?) for my normal amount (180 ish 1h). The next second, i was hitting for 20, styled!. This was the same for all my grp, a zerker hit an alb with DF for 25!, and a sb pa'd for 16, with a 2h.

Basically, wtf happened, bug, new RA, or just another piece of loving code for Albion, courtesy of Mythic.

Btw, i am a 50 warrior using an arcanium 1h hammer, 99% qual.

And no, i am not moaning that we were owned :)

edit - oh and sorry albs, 96 people to take Hurbury which was defended by just 12 people is a bit funny :)

It's Called Bunker of Faith ( BoF ) Cleric RA add's 50% absorb

W

wheremygrave

Which basically makes albs unkillable in melee combat then :(

So much for midgard being the melee realm

O

old.mattshanes

I have capped melee resists :p if you are crush user you will have very heavy - on me but yeah i am sure it was,we wiped a load of hibs out about ten times+ before dying and a mids a few times got 40k in odins today good fights there,well played to all the mids and hibs there....hope i didn't piss any of you off i did kill an awful lot of you:D

You hit me for 180 1h please show me.... never been hit that hard afaik 1h maybe a zerker but not warrior.

Might of been one of my ablative auras too that absorbs 100 damage.

M

myrder

I think we're going to see a lot more of this.

It seems to me that those who can afford full SC kit, will be veritable one-man armies.

Bring back 1.34 I say :)

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by myrder
I think we're going to see a lot more of this.

It seems to me that those who can afford full SC kit, will be veritable one-man armies.

Bring back 1.34 I say :)

Please do.

H

hrodelbert

sycho has a full SC set because he rob's olf lady luri's on their way to the post office :eek7:

V

vayasen

Bunke of Faith has been around since day 1 of RA's.

Every cleric in his right mind has it.

30 min timer. Lasts for 30 seconds for all group.

All the team takes only 50% damage in melee till the BOF wears off.

Great RA...30 seconds can really turn things. But If you want to look at overpowered -look no furhter than Group Purge (no prizes for guessing which ream has that'.

Btw..did u hear chanters...in fact all Hibs get stealth in 1.61F ?

F

Fightersuntzu

Gah! I just answered another post like this ;)

Its bunker of faith! 50% abs, really good :)

And its sycho, teh soon-to-be-nerfbatted merc !

And other overpowered RAs you should know about :
SoS : run around like a chicken while mezzed but you cant do beans
GP : Purging fun for everyone !
BAoD : Brilliant aura of deflection, its like a magical BoF

Rest of them suck...well, maybe FH is good, but thats on paladins ;)

S

Svartur

Its called albion love. :p

Gifv alb/hib uber RAs and let middies be. ;)

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by Svartur
Its called albion love. :p

Gifv alb/hib uber RAs and let middies be. ;)

Ichors and PR arent uber then ?

O

old.Tbird

Originally posted by old.Atrox
Ichors and PR arent uber then ?
So you're comparing 50% asorb and SoS with an AE root/DD that lets the casters keep nuking and a one shot single person full power/hp rez that readds one person back to the battle? Pleeeease.....

Of course dont forget the other uber RA's we get, my largely retired skald can get a 30 sec 700 radius dmg add or my SB can get the oh so marvellous Shadowrun. (and as a point I haven't met a single Skald/SB who has even tried these RA's yet, let alone kept them)

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by wheremygrave
Which basically makes albs unkillable in melee combat then :(

So much for midgard being the melee realm

Alb is meant to be the defensive realm :p

O

old.Spug

or my SB can get the oh so marvellous Shadowrun. (and as a point I haven't met a single Skald/SB who has even tried these RA's yet, let alone kept them)

tried shadowrun on test...

despite it being a normal run speed whilst stealthed, you show me an enemy thats not speed buffed...

E

Eliz

Originally posted by old.Tbird

Of course dont forget the other uber RA's we get, my largely retired skald can get a 30 sec 700 radius dmg add or my SB can get the oh so marvellous Shadowrun. (and as a point I haven't met a single Skald/SB who has even tried these RA's yet, let alone kept them)

I get siege bolt so stfu :)

O

old.Atrox

So you're comparing 50% asorb and SoS with an AE root/DD that lets the casters keep nuking and a one shot single person full power/hp rez that readds one person back to the battle? Pleeeease.....

Not comparing, just pointing out that those two are pretty damn uber.
But ofc if you cant use them......

O

old.Tbird

Originally posted by Eliz
I get siege bolt so stfu :)
OK i'll let you join the 'I got shafted for a RA' club with my SB/Skald :D

O

old.Tbird

Originally posted by old.Atrox
Not comparing, just pointing out that those two are pretty damn uber. But ofc if you cant use them......
I think you need to define uber then, of course both can turn the tide of a fight but nowhere near as regularly as the 2 Alb RA's.

E

Eliz

OK i'll let you join the 'I got shafted for a RA' club with my SB/Skald :D

Yay! Is there a prize? :)

M

midmaster

It's not 50%. Try 70-75 effectively. I have screenies before and after Bof is active, so it's really a silly RA.

O

old.mattshanes

It is 50% added on to the wearers armour so:

Cloth=50%
leather=60%
studded=69%
chain=77%
plate=84%

M

midmaster

I was chopping a cleric (unstyled as usual after a while since they never go down) with my sb.

Mainhand before BoF was about 35 average, after BoF it plummeted to a staggering 11. How about that for a killer RA?

O

old.Iunliten

To explains the basic of % to the people here I assume you know basic algebra.

x = What you should have hit for unmodified.
f(x) = Modified hit.
c = the abs.

F(x) =(1- c) * x = x - cx // The higher absorb the less you will be hit for

Now before BoF

35 = (1- 0.29) * x =>

35/0.71 = x =>

49 ~= x

Now we add BoF

F(x) = (1 - (0.29+0.5)) * 49 =

(1 - (0.79)) *49 =

0.21 * 49 ~= 10

Conclusion: BoF works just as described.

F

Fightersuntzu

Ack ! hes using basic algebra !

But yeah, it works like that. And just think, with the new minstrel ablative, albion gets a free 30 second melee invulnerability per cleric.....just have to get those pesky casters :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom