WTF weather reports

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Rain. monsoon and biblical flood they said, the sat pictures of the whole of the mid country covered in rain, a month of rain in 2 days.
They cancelled the sports day at the wifes school, the prom concert is cancelled.
It's been cracking the pavements for the last three days, the wife is getting the suntan oil ready to sunbathe today, I can't see the screen now properly for the sun beaming in through the windows and and there isn't a single cloud in the sky.
I mean there's wrong and there's wrong.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Your back garden isn't the entire country. Also it's only 9am.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Low pressure systems are very difficult to pinpoint exactly where the showers will bubble up - all the forecasters can do is predict a probability of heavy showers. Additionally, with low pressure / convection rain, it can be sunny in the morning until the heat of the sun warms up the land and generates biblical showers.

Frontal rain is a different story and they generally get that right.

Further reading:

http://www.geography.learnontheinternet.co.uk/topics/rain.html#convectional

http://www.geography.learnontheinternet.co.uk/topics/rain.html#frontal

I'm a weather geek.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We were supposed to be going camping this weekend. My wife hasn't gone since she was a kid so I was going to take her wild camping. Cancelled it though, I don't think she would go again if we got piss wet through all day.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
We were supposed to be going camping this weekend. My wife hasn't gone since she was a kid so I was going to take her wild camping. Cancelled it though, I don't think she would go again if we got piss wet through all day.

I've always thought rain as part of the camping experience.

On topic more though, you're just now learning that weather services aren't exactly accurate? 70s called, it's for Job :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Round-about behind my house was flooded, all lanes.

Fuck you Job.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
There's a small puddle outside my house with a fried chicken box floating on it. Apart from that, its been a mix of bright sunshine and cloud.

Own up. Who dropped the fried chicken box outside my house? Gonna have to wait at an upstairs window in a vest with a rifle slung over my shoulders, waiting, waiting....

GoethBalcony.jpg

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Driving back from the Lakes on Saturday and as we went under one of those farmers bridges across the M6, some guy was casually walking across carrying a rifle not unlike the one in that photo with a huge telescopic sight. I thought you had to bag them when in public.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
He's lucky he wasn't shot by armed police TBH. You try that in London, your life expectancy is measured in minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom