WTF Is Up With BT... Damn...

K

Kiada

How bad are BT? come on, yall admit how bad they are...

I am currently on home highway, an its a pile of bollox, altho we have 2 lines and stuff, its costing a hell of a lot, we had it for about 9 months (12 month contract) so i was like, one phone bill away from gettin rid of it, an getting broadband, an then the phone bill got too much that month, an we cudnt pay it (i dont pay the phone bill lol) so we got cut off, an as soon as we paid it we had to start back at 1 month on the contract!! so ive got a hell of a long time to wait for it to expire. The service is ok at the moment, i can get online 90% of the time, though i get a lot of 14k connection, whats up with that? and we want to upgrade to broadband, and its gonna cost us about £500 weve worked out, to terminate the contract early, an change lines back to normal, then all the ASDL prices. They should do an offer for people upgrading, not charge them twice as much, BT are bunch of fooking con men, an i wont be able to get broaband now for fricken ages, and im not best pleased about it, so sorry about this vent thread, im jus majorly pissed

S

scooby-doo

and the moral of the story is pay your bill my friend...

K

kameleon

cheaper to have another analogue line installed

X

xane

Originally posted by Kiada
... an as soon as we paid it we had to start back at 1 month on the contract!! so ive got a hell of a long time to wait for it to expire.

Why did you have a new HH contract if you were going to go broadband ?

The service is ok at the moment, i can get online 90% of the time, though i get a lot of 14k connection, whats up with that?

Service availability is more to do with your ISP, not your telco. Then again, BT may also be your ISP, but if not then 90% connection is nothing to do with them.

14k ? I assume you are talking about an ISDN connection which is a constant 64 Kbits/sec, which is theoretically around 14-15K/sec anyway. Or are you talking about 14 Kbits/sec, i.e. a 14,400 modem speed ???

I think BT do offer special deals for migrating from HH to ADSL, you need to speak to them about it, check out ADSL Guide (UK) for more details on this sort of thing.

BT are bunch of fooking con men

This is a bit rich coming from someone who agrees to a contract and doesn't pay it.

T

throdgrain

I tried recently to change from ISDN to ADSL, and BT couldnt have cared less. In fact they wanted to charge me £250 to swap over. When i pointed out that they offered ADSL to non HH customers for free, but that as an exsisting customer I had already paid them fortunes, they said .... £250 please. Please note I always pay my bills on time.
I think hes talking about download speeds btw Cama. Mine downloads at 7.5 kbs at 64 k, and 14 kbs at 128 k bonded.
I think hes a bit optamistic, however my personal feeling is also that BT are a bunch of con men Im afraid.

X

xane

Sorry, my bad, I was referring to 2x 64k lines give 14-15K/sec.

I moved from ISDN to ADSL, I didn't actually go with BT Openworld either, I'm pretty sure it did not cost anything like £250 to switch, I don't know the exact costs because BT kept on charging me for ISDN - morons.

AFAIK the current cost for reverting from ISDN back to Analogue is around £27, then you pay the normal startup connection fees as going from analogue to ADSL.

T

throdgrain

Yep thats what BT (not openworld) quoted me after I read that link you kindly put on.
However, they will only disconnect, then leave it for at least a week (their words) , then reconnect as adsl. However, if my line fails, I have to pay to have ISDN reconnected !
Oh thanks very much Mr BT :)

X

xane

Originally posted by throdgrain
However, they will only disconnect, then leave it for at least a week (their words) , then reconnect as adsl.

Thats only for "wires-free" installation, i.e. the cheaper one, I think you'll find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom