WTF is this?????????

X

xajorkith

I and two mates was sorting out my faction with the Dellingstad citizens by killing golems in the crater near Dellingstad (Gripklosa mountains, Midgard SI) for the Mammoth Hunt quest.

Two lights appeared and followed us around, sometime the lights would get bored and wander off, but mostly the lights stuck with us (1 hour 30 mins) and would pull mobs on to us. I wasn't sure if the lights were trying to help (pulling mobs into PBAOE) or trying to kill us (additional adds whilst in combat).

The lights manipulated the mobs, and would get them to follow it (see 5th screenshot.) it cast spells like a Thanes str/con buff, could walk around invisible and was not targetable.

Is this just a very unusual mob or a GamesMaster, anyone else seen these before (any realm)?

2.5mb web page with six pictures....

http://www.livewiredesign.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/DAoC/

R

Radghast

ok that is surreal. usually id just say it was a gfx bug or a new mob. but seeing a it displayed inteligence i'd have to go along with the gm idea. probably zargar. But why he chose to hang out with 3 mids in what appears ( i don't know mid) to be the arse end of nowhere is baffling....guess only he will know, weird

G

greenfingers

I guess it's some sort of admin having fun ? :D

I got a screenie of a Amber Simulacrum talking, telling jokes, all in all had so much fun with this Amber :)

The Amber got hit by a "Magic Arrow" by an archer in lyonesse, so it could talk, pretty awesome ! :)

S

Slinker

Did you try to talk to it ? Can't see any attempt at conversation in those screenies , might have wanted you to rp a bit :p

E

Exinferis

Originally posted by greenfingers
I guess it's some sort of admin having fun ? :D

I got a screenie of a Amber Simulacrum talking, telling jokes, all in all had so much fun with this Amber :)

The Amber got hit by a "Magic Arrow" by an archer in lyonesse, so it could talk, pretty awesome ! :)

should be like that all the time really

:clap: :D

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Radghast
but seeing a it displayed inteligence i'd have to go along with the gm idea. probably zargar.

naah, I have my doubts it was a GOA employee, with the intelligence part and all :p

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by Arnor2
naah, I have my doubts it was a GOA employee, with the intelligence part and all :p
hehehe :p

when I had my experience with the Smiulacrum, it got hit twice by an arrow, and it talked and talked and talked for like 30-40 mins in a row, and told the most funny jokes :)

K

Kurik BHM

heh....

i want my air pets to talk while they chew the bones of arnor :D

A

Ajanti

It's part of the quest (or related to the quest, anyway). I didn't see them when I did the quest with my shadowblade, but a guildmate (spiritmaster) had them too. They look cool :)

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by kurik
heh....

i want my air pets to talk while they chew the bones of arnor :D

"needs ketchup"

"rahr"

"ph33r da shake'n'bake!"

"my word, this is revolting"

"my compliments to the chef!"

"I'm never eating here again.."

"nerf"

A

athar

yeah, must have been someone from goa getting bored at work...like this guy :p
zargar.JPG

X

xajorkith

Originally posted by Ajanti
It's part of the quest (or related to the quest, anyway). I didn't see them when I did the quest with my shadowblade, but a guildmate (spiritmaster) had them too. They look cool :)

Miltaff is a spiritmaster too, and the lights were more interested in him than me (Warrior) or Lars (Thane)... maybe a GM has a fetish for SM's :)

R

Radghast

Originally posted by Arnor2

u just couldn't resist could ya.......
gas.sml.gif
<----damn smelly trolls :)

L

living

Wel.. try take another sm there... if they appear thats prolly it.. if not, some1 where bored :]

But must have been fun tho?

A

Acies-Nex

Seen it several times. Even when no one is around.

B

bult

my SM pet talked to me before too while exping at Yar in malmo :p he stopped talking when i sent him to solo 10 drakulvs tough for some reason.

H

hercules-df

Hmm Talking pets, strange lights, you ppl have been in emain too long.

H

healer_mcheal

when i was mucking about on prydwen i had a tomte have a go at me for saying every1 to kill it, was funny, looked rearly odd when it pointed at you, was part of some rp thing set up tho, was a while ago now tho

P

piggeman

Originally posted by bult
my SM pet talked to me before too while exping at Yar in malmo :p he stopped talking when i sent him to solo 10 drakulvs tough for some reason.

lol :D

Anyway .. A lot of guesses tho, but no real answer yet ... I have never seen them tho, and I've been there several times.
I stick with the guess that it's some admin messing around .. :)

R

redknapp

There are weird spirits all over SI. On Knarr island (to the east of the town) there is a similar phenomenon on one of the mountains, around the area containing the Coral Things.

Seems to be casting Thane spells also.

T

Tivook

i saw this phenomenon at amf in emain today, dunno what it is but it moves really fast and it moves through walls also.

Tivook

R

ReaLX

MUST BE UFO'S !!!!

well.... actually they are already ufo's cause they are unidentified ;)

T

Tivook

yea but heh.. just saying what i saw :p one thing i forgot to mention.. it left a mark on my monitor for like 2-3 seconds just like if you would look into the sun irl.

Tivook

Users who are viewing this thread