News WTF is going on in SA?

rynnor

Rockhound
Mobs killing immigrants in really horrible ways and the government just ignoring it for weeks before finally sending the army in very late in the day - the metro has pictures of a guy on fire whos been targetted by the mob.

Is South Africa going to go down the path of Nationalism blazed by Zimbabwe now?

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
They are just trying to replicate what happened in Manchester, and failing...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Meh was hoping this was about them trying to learn to speak without an accent that makes you want to punch them in the face.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Meh was hoping this was about them trying to learn to speak without an accent that makes you want to punch them in the face.

I don't quite know how to take this.

What's so annoying about it?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't know really, its just one of my pet hates.
Probably related to the 2 south Africans i worked with down south.

I used to work with a girl from Durban too who had a very nice SA accent, though she was pretty hot so could have made klingon sound sexy i imagine.

Anyway, back ontopic, hasn't SA always been a bit dodgy in places for random violence?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Mobs killing immigrants in really horrible ways and the government just ignoring it for weeks before finally sending the army in very late in the day - the metro has pictures of a guy on fire whos been targetted by the mob.

Is South Africa going to go down the path of Nationalism blazed by Zimbabwe now?

Its going down hill very fast indeed...
Not sure if it will be as bad as Zim but its certainly declining.

Apart from this bit of violence there is not enough infrustructure to cope with the number of people requiring homes, roads, electricity, water etc.

They have planned electricity cuts across the country in order to cope with power shortages...and just as many unplanned ones! Its just mental. Not sure how anyone can run a proper business when the power goes down for 2-4 hours...I guess you would install generators but that just adds extra costs...

You think the UK has a problem with immigrants. SA is unable to stop the millions coming in from places Like Zim and Nigeria.

I'm not surprised the locals and getting a bit angry about it this...but if the government seems to turn a blind eye to whats going on in Zim why would they care what happens to immigrants (most of whom will be Zim anyway) in SA?

Anyway, back ontopic, hasn't SA always been a bit dodgy in places for random violence?

Not always...only since the lid on the pressure cooker was lifted...

Chilly

Balls of steel
thats the only funny thing you've ever said, Brooky.

Will

/bin/su
This is a serious thread. Less of the rape jokes plzkthx.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Hi, this is FH, serious threads dont exist here. You must be confusing it with some other forum.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Read the news. Basically the Saffers don't like the Zims, who they say are STEALING OUR JOBS, which is both funny, ironic, and quite probably true :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
3 million + zimbabwean immigrants are causing these problems, given that its their own fault for propping mugabe up for the last decade.

Let them eat MUGABECAKE.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Africa is just generally just going through another phase of being a problematic child where all the good will in the world won't help. I've little doubt this will be blamed on western governments and colonialism by those in power, although it always helps to use this excuse when you are worried someone might spot the golden chair you sit on.

rynnor

Rockhound
I understand its anti-immigrant feeling thats causing this violence - the bit that isnt clear is why the SA government is practically ignoring it???

As to it turning into another Zim - apparently theres a very Nationalistic guy whos likely to be in charge soon - thats all it takes - plus talk of land re-distributions etc. etc.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I work sometimes with a really nice SA bloke called Geoff. Everyone calls him Jif. :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
land re-dstribution has got to be a daft idea. It completely destroys any confidence any investor might have in the country since they cannot be sure a lump of assests they own or have a share in will not simply be given away to some family of idiots who have no idea how to run a farm for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom