Wrong drivers, black screen before windows login! HELP

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
Hey guys, I have a little problem here. I was at my friends house to help him download some new drivers for his video card. I went to ati.com and just headed right to the "driver software" link. When downloading the upgrade I missed that his video card was unsupported for the driver I was downloading. So now when he is starting up windows everything works fine till he comes to just before the login screen and it ends up as "Black Screen". I told him to try to start if safe-mode but he wasnt able to get the alternatives up. So my question is, is there anyway to remove the drivers without have access to windows??? I mean, just because you download wrong drivers for you video card it doesnt mean it can explode, right?? would be grateful for a quick response! ty

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
CocaCola said:
I told him to try to start if safe-mode but he wasnt able to get the alternatives up.
Tell him to spam F8 in bootup.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
holding down control key also works instead of spamming F8

one thing to check is if he has a usb keyboard, they dont always work @ bios, if this is the case try putting it through a ps2 convrter (purple thingy that he shoulda got with keyboard)

hope this helps.

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
holding down control key also works instead of spamming F8

one thing to check is if he has a usb keyboard, they dont always work @ bios, if this is the case try putting it through a ps2 convrter (purple thingy that he shoulda got with keyboard)

hope this helps.

well, he is using a wireless keyboard. But im going over to him soon and gonna see what I can do. Thanks for the help

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
Bet he has MS keyboard with F-lock key :p

I think u have to press f-lock just after the keyboard lights flash then f8, they are a pain in the ass tell him to bin it :p

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Plug in an old PS2 connector keyboard and use that to get to safe mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom