writing a character reference?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
google is being lame so thought id ask here.

what exactly does writing a character reference entail?

thats it :fluffle:

Choc

Fledgling Freddie
Its when an employer asks a referer for a character referance.
That referee has to write a short letter entailing how long they have known the person and what the person is like - honest - trustworthy - reliable - good timekeeping - that in general the referee thinks the person in question is a good bet to hire :)
Hope that helps and makes some sence :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
thanks for the advice, mr "suspect advertising dude"

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
i've done a couple of these, if its a reference for an agency just say how they are very good team workers, eager to learn, great at problem solving and helping customers etc.

If its for a specific company, try and put reason specific for the applied job. So if they are going for accounting, say how they did your accounting and how you were really happy with them. (obviously don't lie... too much :p)

And yeh! Freddy bans people who post adverts, and obvious this games "great" posts. Do don't bother... sorry we are rather sensitive about it :)

Choc

Fledgling Freddie
sorry being new to the site i could not find the rules on signatures as i am guessing thats what your both digging at (and yes i did look around for them and as i could not find any i looked at others signatures and a lot of them that i came across had links in them to other sites so i presumed it was ok and if i was not then an admin of the site would "politely" let me know) my partner likes most of the games you guys talk about but wont join a forums he likes to read them and i like forums and making new mates so i joined as it looked interesting and adult instead of the usual gaming forums i come across... so if i am still offending people then tell me and i'll go and wont come back... no prob as i'd rather be in a place that accepted me..

rynnor

Rockhound
Choc said:
sorry being new to the site i could not find the rules on signatures as i am guessing thats what your both digging at (and yes i did look around for them and as i could not find any i looked at others signatures and a lot of them that i came across had links in them to other sites so i presumed it was ok and if i was not then an admin of the site would "politely" let me know) my partner likes most of the games you guys talk about but wont join a forums he likes to read them and i like forums and making new mates so i joined as it looked interesting and adult instead of the usual gaming forums i come across... so if i am still offending people then tell me and i'll go and wont come back... no prob as i'd rather be in a place that accepted me..

We have had a perrenial problem of marketers signing up in order to create threads endorsing their products - so called 'viral marketing' - thus posts by folk who started a day or so ago ring alarm bells to many but if you arent a marketeer welcome aboard :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Choc said:
it looked interesting and adult instead of the usual gaming forums

ooh! you sure it was this one? ;)

sorry to butt in but just to clarify: we've had a few advertizing people in the recent past and you understand we aren't too keen on them. coming from another forum I'm sure you understand.

anyway, welcome to FreddysHouse :)

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Weird. There are actually new people signing up to this place?

Edit - and yeah, I just realised how horribly and unintentionally cliquish that sounds.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Very suspicious of new people here :p I'm more of a reader too. Welcome ;)

*Sorry to HiJack Thread - I know nothing really about Character References Tris* Hmm somehow i got bold on and it wont turn off :/

TdC

yeah, new people. be nice and say hello :)

tbh I'm feeling a bit sad that many Freddies, and I include myself tbh, have had so many nasties signing up that we've grown suspicious of others. I'm going to try and put the "oh, there's yet another viral marketing bot" thought behind me as of now.

btw sorry for the re-re-re-hijack tris- ;)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Tris - did you know that people can only give a good reference or none at all. Quite cool that really.

Choc is ok I think.

BURN THE NEW PEOPLE!!

;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Choc is ok, though he could use some lessons in punctuation. ;)

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
nice to see you to see you....to see you ..........

bprice2.JPG

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
She?? Hiiiiiiiiii.

Choc

Fledgling Freddie
Hi again,

It is true no bad referances are permitted although i know a lot of employers that give them verbally on phone:( Personally i just ignore those requests for referances if i can't give a good one.

Yer hormonal bad spelling female in the house :p And sorry for being new.:)
Brucey rocks:)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
A girly.......here.......where I am........what you wearing?

TdC

now then Trem, who let you out of the cellar? ;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anyone else think I should take Choc under my 'mature-statesman-elder-admin-wing' for her well-being?

Didn't think so :england:

Welcome Choc.:drink:

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Hello, person.

This makes me feel good: like a senior member, or something. Yummeh.

TdC

your member isn't senior twoggeh. wrinkly yes, senior no ;)

TdC

I wouldn't know as I've never seen Trog's member mate :)

*badum-tish* :england:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom