WOW Trial?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Ello all,

I was thinking of trying out WOW and I see there's a 10 day trial you can get. I also briefly read somewhere that if you get someone who's already a paying member to send you the trial, if you convert to a full account they get a free month.

I'm making no promises, I've not been able to get in to a MMORPG before so I might not go for a full account, but I've been playing Star Wars KOTOR and I fancy some more rpgness. If anyone's interested, lemme know.

Also - if I'm playing WOW am I expected to talk like a virgin? "Good morrow fair maiden" etc?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I see. So you were mocking me.

YOU SHALL DIE BY MY SWORD HEATHEN. You have been warned, by nightfall you shall taste the cut of my blade and.....

Christ, I just can't do it :\

Starman

Part of the furniture
You don't need to Role Player on Non-RP realms nath - come play on EU Trollbane and join myself, deebs, yoni, and the rest of the Lost Exiles :)

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
As a small aside, if you upgrade the trial account to a full account (requires buying the game of course, £9.99 at play.com) you get the free month and any left over days from your trial :)

Gray

FH is my second home
I set a friend up with this a few weeks ago, he never completed the process though because it needed a debit/credit card at the end of the process for authentication.

I thought it gave you the option of going upto level 20 as opposed to 10 days worth... but in 10 days you would be about level 30-40 anyway..

nath

Fledgling Freddie
FUCKING RAGE
RAGE
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEee

Finally bought this peice of shit **** fucking bollocks game. I install it (takes fucking AGES. 5 cd's? how about a fucking dvd you fucking morons). I register with my key, all is well. I then set up an account and give my credit card details. Fine.

Run the game - nope, gotta do 500 mbs of updates. Fine, 40 minutes later, try and log in "sorry m8 user account doesn't exist/password wrong!". Sigh. WOW support - forgot password, sorry username doesn't exist!. For christs sake. Ok, sign up again. "Sorry that auth key has been used!!!!!!!!1".

FUCKING HELL.

So I try online web-form - nope - sorry unavailable at this time!

AAAAAAARGH FUCKING FUCKING HELL FUCKING HELL FUCK. FUCK. FUCK FUCK.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Nath, if you burn the game with the petroleum I will give you all the sex.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It's too late for me leggy - I can already feel the exhilaration at the prospect of how much time I could waste on this stupid game.

By the by, does anyone know if you're supposed to receive an e-mail confirmation when you sign up? I've had none.

leggy

Probably Scottish
nath said:
It's too late for me leggy - I can already feel the exhilaration at the prospect of how much time I could waste on this stupid game.

By the by, does anyone know if you're supposed to receive an e-mail confirmation when you sign up? I've had none.

Hey I know what you mean. I have put off for ages buying this game. You can pretty much pick it up for peanuts now. The only thing stopping me is the prospect of my gf leaving me and having to pay the rent on this place myself.

Which is already dangerously close now that I've purchased a 360.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
weeee leggy!!!! come and join us on Trollbane!!!!! :england:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
BTW anyone know why the US trial is like 200mb and the EU is 3.2 Gb?
Wanted to try it for a bit and tried the US first then wanted to switch to the EU as some people I know play there and I could get some help from them but downloading 3.2 Gb is just....
Seemed like the US trial also had everything so you weren't limited to 1 city or 1 class or anything.

US trial download took me about 5 min and EU took between 5-7 hours.
Doesn't make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom