WoW release date confirmed!

Ilur-OOM

Loyal Freddie
Dillinja said:
We speak English though ffs. Must be the Frenchies and Germanics holding us back. How hard would it be to release it here at the same time as the other English speaking countries?

it is called the Mythic Syndrome i think :p

think EU release date should be somewhere in February... at least it's what they point to on major retailers, so yet another game with 3/4 month patch delays for the EU community... sooks ass...

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Ilur-OOM said:
so yet another game with 3/4 month patch delays for the EU community... sooks ass...
*sigh*

It's been stated over and over, including on these forums:
The patches for the retail version go live on the same day world wide.

soylent green

Fledgling Freddie
If you preorder the game over here after Nov26, you get a Authentication key that gets you into euro final beta test. To me that means will get to play a fully finished or near retail game by december.

All they have to do is set up the severs.

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
soylent green said:
If you preorder the game over here after Nov26, you get a Authentication key that gets you into euro final beta test. To me that means will get to play a fully finished or near retail game by december.

So in saying this.. if you get the Final beta key and into Final beta, that would mean that you would have a couple+ mths 'free' beta testing until official release?

Thats a LONG time to lvl up and seeing as the OB chars may be carried over into retail thats a little nasty. Even the Yanks dont have that long :D

Im torn between going US or EU... its nice to play US when there are few yanks about, coz then u can happily complete quests without 50 other ppl doing it at the same time :( but then you miss out on a lot of raids :/

Ahh well choices, choices.....

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Ashandar said:
seeing as the OB chars may be carried over into retail
I'd be very surprised if they did this. Then again, there's been lots of wierd decisions lately. (most likely Publisher related; still remember Vivendi trying to remove some of the easter eggs we planted in Futurama :( )

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
If the open beta chars will be transfered to retail, I wouldn't mind since the crowding in the newbie zones would be horrible at launch. Worked fine with CoH where beta testers had a 3 day head start, evening out the launch day cluster.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
soylent green said:

Where is here? And what website ;P

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Lumikki said:
If the open beta chars will be transfered to retail, I wouldn't mind since the crowding in the newbie zones would be horrible at launch. Worked fine with CoH where beta testers had a 3 day head start, evening out the launch day cluster.
Depending on the length of the open beta, I could agree :)

Still, they've reworked the spawning in newbie zones to cope with mass amounts of players recently. I wonder why...

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Depending on the length of the open beta, I could agree :)

Still, they've reworked the spawning in newbie zones to cope with mass amounts of players recently. I wonder why...

Well ive been on the US stress test.. and i can tell ya now, its HORRIBLE! Most ppl are at the same lvl, and as such the newbie/low lvl zones are heaving!

Got a kill/collectors task to do? Forget it !! There will be about 6+ other ppl all trying to get the same mob, No amount of spawning tweeks is helping imo. Only way i can do some serious questing is get on early GMT when the US is still in bed :(

I think it would be best to have some chars moved over from OB so then there will be a more even demographic spread when released. I shudder to think of what it will be like if they release with all new chars !!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom