WoW - Overated

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
cHodAX said:
...for an MMORPG it is the most lonely online game I have ever played, if it wasn't for Uncle Delket, Sevensins, Afran and Blieran I would have quit within days...

I quit after 5 days, it was friggen dire.

Annoyingly I got WoW as a present a few weeks later, so now I'm stuck with a spare unopened box that I've no need for :(

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Jimmi said:
Played it from release up until the start of july. Got bored after level 60, nothing to do.
oh, so you finished Molten Core and Blackwing Lair already? cool ... well done! no wonder there's nothing to do anymore ... :twak:

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
Played WoW for about 3 weeks and got bored of the...

...crappy pickup groups for instances to complete quests...

...ridiculous amounts of running around just to gain the most basic of equipment, yes you don't have to do the quests but if you don't then you will spend 60 levels wearing crap...

...enemy faction players following you around for an hour emote spamming you and trying to get you to put PvP flags on...

...spending 90% of the time running solo because practically every group you get breaks up as soon as 2 people complete the quest they wanted done and don't want to return the favour...

...for an MMORPG it is the most lonely online game I have ever played, if it wasn't for Uncle Delket, Sevensins, Afran and Blieran I would have quit within days...
Hey Cho cho...

I need some one to lvl my Mage with :) She's lvl 14 now and fun to play ... c'mon and come back for a while :) should be fun :clap:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Early memories...)

Chosen said:
Actually, I LOVED DAoC RvR in the start. No RAs, few level 50s, camping ellylls for hours to get one of those shiny glowing swords for my arms.

So imo, the RvR in DAoC from the start was great.

:clap:

Aye. I remember camping Ellylls in old frontiers. Ah ! The good old days of DAOC.

Sometimes I wish I could discover DAOC for new and be a n00b again. I remember wandering at night in Avalon Marsh as a level 4 Fighter. We were 2 FG of <8th level and we were getting chased everywhere by Phantom Knights ROFL. Was great. Playing till 3am. Laughing our asses off in group chat. Great days.

/sigh

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
WoW is a great game until about a week after hitting lvl 60. pvp aint the same as rvr... there's just no reason to do it tbh.

now i was in what could be called an all-star guild on wow (many many superb players from hib/excal in guild) but you know what the worst thing was about wow?

other people. u know the type. peeps who would pick up the drops even though they couldnt use them and they would bind. peeps who would piss off after completing quests. peeps who would continously spam in ironforge. beggars everywhere. peeps asking u to make them water/food all the time.

maybes all that got on my tits coz of the type of guild i was in, and maybes it because i played daoc first and couldnt be arsed with that anymore. who knows.

WoW has some great moments... like walking through Stranglethorn Vale for the first time and just being blown away by the gfx :) but sadly there arent enough of those moments to keep playing. so im back to daoc and mainly loving it :)

only thing that could make me leave daoc now is the forthcoming Phantasy Star Online MMORPG.. but even the first PSO was ruined by daft kids who cheated all the time with game genies..

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
oh, so you finished Molten Core and Blackwing Lair already? cool ... well done! no wonder there's nothing to do anymore ... :twak:

went to mc 15 times or so, almost got a full judgement set. BWL, I quit before it came. Cba with PVE

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chrystina said:
Hey Cho cho...

I need some one to lvl my Mage with :) She's lvl 14 now and fun to play ... c'mon and come back for a while :) should be fun :clap:

Rather play my mana chanter, lot of fun to play, wish I rolled one from the begining ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom