WoW Hits the Big Screen :x

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Films of a game rarely work out, check out mario bros and the laim ending of Dooooooooom where they should have given the audience a controller tbh.

Speilberg: "Lets cash in like Lucas has on Star Wars!"
Blizzard: "Yeah, we could do a line of underwear too!"
Speilberg: "Im as mad as a fokking hatter anyway, lets do just that, with Orc strapons and Mage staffs for her pleasure!"
Blizzard: "Who should star in it?"
Speilberg: "We could drag out some acting has-beens, worked in all my other films!"
Blizzard: "OK, its a plan then, so whats the story line?"
Speilberg: "Feck knows, Im too busy counting my profits from reruns of ET.."
Player: "Can I be in it?"
Blizzard: "Sure, we need extras to play cinema goers who claim to like the film and will put the money they earn from us straight back into the cinema confectionary counter..."

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i think it could be awesome if done well :)

if done badly (as i suspect it will be) it will be poo, like the dungeons and dragons movie :p

and Doom the movie rocked :D

Arilinn

Loyal Freddie
The final fantasy movie became very big globaly afaik :)
Maybe worth watching the wow movie

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Films of a game rarely work out, check out mario bros and the laim ending of Dooooooooom where they should have given the audience a controller tbh.

resident evil did work out pretty nice tho :)

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Eeben said:
probely the only movie made from game :eek:

anyone rember "The super mario brothers film" :eek:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Probably gonna be big as hell even though freddygimps flames it in 5 posts xD

Like em or not. Blizzard creates enormous things and people are interested.

Just like myself dont give a f*ck about hollywood moviestars but we still gets spammed by it over and over cause majority does care :twak:

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
there is such ample and diverse content in the warcraft world, that i would think it is more than possible to create a decent film from within it. just remains to be seen if they actually spend enough money on it, get the right people etc.

it has potential, but equally it could be a great pile of crap.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
final fantasy 7 the ani movie they made after the game is damn good movie...i think wow can be good also...ppl that flame dont know what anime is and have never whatch it....thouse movies is better then most i think

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
why doesnt daoc hit the big screen????

ah well what would the story be about anyway? ganksquads of men in kilts wearing powerranger ToA armors while shapeshifting in panthers and beetles, roaming the landscape to farm realmpoints in name of his royal majesty king arthur! but ofcourse what would these heroes be without their buffbot sidekicks! (who just stare at the walls 24/7)

main characther would be a minstrel running at 200mph while mind controlling a white horse that blows everything up with ultra-cold snow explosions, hah!

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
I actually thought the FPS mode in doom was interesting and brave twist :) it wasnt half bad considering it was a game/movie crossover

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:

ah well what would the story be about anyway? ganksquads of men in kilts wearing powerranger ToA armors while shapeshifting in panthers and beetles, roaming the landscape to farm realmpoints in name of his royal majesty king arthur! but ofcourse what would these heroes be without their buffbot sidekicks! (who just stare at the walls 24/7)

main characther would be a minstrel running at 200mph while mind controlling a white horse that blows everything up with ultra-cold snow explosions, hah!
funneh :p

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Morchaoron said:

The movie King Arthur.. pretty much DAoC they run an 8man in that movie iirc :p

Bleeker

Can't get enough of FH
if the name Uwe Boll shows up anywhere im gonna do something....not sure what yet but it will be nasty...

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Succi said:
I actually thought the FPS mode in doom was interesting and brave twist :) it wasnt half bad considering it was a game/movie crossover

i loved the fps part :D

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
i hope it gets stuck in 1 scene at about 45 mins and just repeats it, like grinding MC

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Cozak said:
The movie King Arthur.. pretty much DAoC they run an 8man in that movie iirc :p

There was also the bit on the ice where they put together a fg of scouts and leeched off teh zerg.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Pirates of the carribean was based on a theme-park ride...

and it was a pretty decent movie.

So it's not totally impossible that the WoW movie won't suck ;)

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Golena said:
There was also the bit on the ice where they put together a fg of scouts and leeched off teh zerg.

lol yeah, man that movie is like daoc totally :D

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
It's not WoW it's Warcraft? It's a big difference :x

And the zelda series rock :>

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I wonder if they will advertise the cheap powerleveling and gold in the cinema like the one at the bottom of this page, would be great advertising.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
True, but I think that's pretty much thanks to the strong storyline thruout gameseries and that they used it. :D

And I think they'll just bring out the disney-crew and give em some drugs, given that WoW looks like Disneyland on drugs! :touch:

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
300million WoW players or smth sick? ready made audience = big profits, obvious move really. i just hope blizzard plough the $$$$$$$$$$$ into Diablo3 ^^

Gamah

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:
I wonder if they will advertise the cheap powerleveling and gold in the cinema like the one at the bottom of this page, would be great advertising.

:D!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom