WoW fansite.

Neroth

Fledgling Freddie
Hey every one just want to invite you all to my little wow fansite, plans are to get as much wow info on the site as posible, but for that we need ppl so look us up and sign up to the forum.
Its also the home for Dominatus Tantus a PvP alliance guild starting in the open EU beta.
So look us up at WWW.WOFW.DK

sko

Loyal Freddie
I didn't browse the site but the looks/design is very nice.

Hendrich

Fledgling Freddie
Nice site, does WoW give you the possibility to track guild members on websites like you can with DAOC and XML?

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Looks nice, just a few things.

1. Put the "circles" at each news post in a seperate table cell, looks wierd when the text suddenly get indented to the left.

2. Use a background for the news items, or make sure it hasn't got a background at all (not transparent). The Blue, not the mention the black text can be very hard to read against the backdrop.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Very nice style :) Good luck with the guild and the site

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
Nice site, does WoW give you the possibility to track guild members on websites like you can with DAOC and XML?
I am looking for that answer for quite a while now. So far all the data used on websites is submitted by players manually. I have the feeling Blizzard won't be offering this, for the amount of players playing WoW it would cost quite some bandwith if a lot of sites used the XML files.
Planetside stopped offering data because it cost them too much bandwith, imagine what it would be like for WoW.

Nice site, I think it's bit chaotic but still a nice site.

nick

Fledgling Freddie
There is a neat way of doing it on a per guild basis the only problem is it doesn't have that much in depth info.

I use it on the site I did for NP. All the NP WOW member details are based off of XML gathered from the game itself.

<edit: I agree with whisperess on the points he made>

<edit2: and if there's no info to be displayed just don't display it at all :)>

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
Nick, the XML file you use, is it provided by Blizzard, some other site or did you generate it using the WoW client (if thats even possible?) ? Maybe even something else.

nick

Fledgling Freddie
On my PC I run an ADDON which extracts all the guild info (amongst other things) from the game and puts it into a savedvariables file. Then when you logout it runs a parser which creates the XML that is located on the web server. Currently this is the only way to get data from WOW as I doubt blizzard will ever provide XML files ala DAOC does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom