Wow. F1 with actual..like..racing!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Great race. Ferraris nowhere again, proper overtaking, cars blowing up, dramatic "3 wheels back to the pits" incident. The new F1 rules are bizarre, but they worked this weekend.

And if
Toyota
manage to go one place higher, they've promised they'll make this. Which is nice :)

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Really enjoyed that race. Those new rules seem to keep the field really close together but don't know if it'll help the smaller teams like BAR much if they can't keep the engine alive for 2 races.

Looking forward to next week, heard that M. Schumacher will have a different car so hopefully he'll be in the race a bit more.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Cask said:
Looking forward to next week, heard that M. Schumacher will have a different car so hopefully he'll be in the race a bit more.

I hope not!! I hate that man!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Cask said:
Really enjoyed that race. Those new rules seem to keep the field really close together but don't know if it'll help the smaller teams like BAR much if they can't keep the engine alive for 2 races.

BAR aren't really a 'smaller' team anymore; they're Honda's lead team and they're pretty well-funded. Button's comments afterwards were quite interesting; he's in a great position (for us) where he can actually say what he thinks because he's only at BAR under duress; two engine failures in the first three laps (and these were new engines, not in their second race) is pretty shoddy from a company like Honda, whose reputation is all about engines.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Was a quality race.
Heidfeld had a good race to get third, those laps where the two williams and ralf were scrapping was quality. Nice to see him finally at a top team after being dumped by McLaren (won the F3000 champs in their F3000 car).

JPM was 4th too, without even doing anything :D
As for the "smaller teams", I think there are only two now, Jordan and Minardi, and I think your average Nissan Micra would lap faster.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh fair enough maybe I should have said less accomplished teams or something.

<--- isn't an F1 freak.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Four in a row for Renault isn't it?

Get in!

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
I haven't really watched F1 since Nigel Mansell went to Indycar :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom